It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone give an example of a single peaceful revolution in history???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Damn straight. What reason would anyone have to stop us from doing all of that besides the reason that they are completly wrong and don't have the right to, knowing that, still wants to and does?.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

Well it takes time and organization and most people are not willing to take their time.

All problems as difficult as they seem have simple solutions.

What we need is code. I can only communicate so much.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by devildogUSMC
[ Our govenment has betrayed us. The level of corruption is higher than ever in this country. Our rights are being taken away every day and the government continues to claim more powers over the citizenry.

It is not "the government". It is a network that has rooted themselves within the framework of both politics and religion. They do the bidding of the higher orders. There is a shadow government who is pulling the strings.

Voting out old and bringing in new will not work. There is a tightly woven buddy system. Yes, it's corrupt. Many are easily bribed and those who write the laws leave loopholes that the corrupt can take advantage of. Those who are not bribed are co-erced through blackmail. There is a very evil network within our system.

Actually, it goes beyond our system; it is a global network. ( The Bar attorneys in the United States owe their allegiance and pledge their oaths to the Crown. All Bar Associations throughout the world are signatories and franchises to the International Bar Association located at the Inns of Court of the Crown Temple.)

Not only does this network need to be exposed, but those who are involved need to wash their hands and come clean while they still have the opportunity. If they don't they will be headed for the same destruction as the system they are involved in because eventually we will strip them all naked and they will have to run. They will be the ones to find out there is nowhere to hide. They will all eventually be brought out to the light of day and hung on the line.

This is why we need more time to accomplish this and not be spinning wheels about violent revolution. The revolution we need is to expose the evildoers; not all of them are in high places---it's a pyramidal structure. From great to small, it encompasses many oath-pledged participants. People owe favors, people get blackmailed. That's how this corrupt system works and that's what keeps it spinning. When the masses can see what these people really are, the depth of deception they have carried out, and knowledge of what they have been doing to cause harm, then evil ones will no longer have any power whatsoever.

They will eventually be their own undoing.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

I hope you are right. I want to know who is responsible for doing this to us, and I want them to answer for it.

edit: spelling

[edit on 20-2-2010 by devildogUSMC]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

They will eventually be their own undoing.

With that, she is right.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Here's some examples:
Rights Revolution of the Sixties

Successful and non violent in these cases are subjective, I'd say.

My own opinion is that you won't be allowed to have a non violent revolution.
Any real change would come at the expense of TPTB, and would be dealt with severely.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

That's an easy one. India freed itself from the British through a peaceful revolution thanks to Gandhi.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Gandhi was just one of many freedom movements in India at the time, most were violent. And it is a mistake to refer to Gandhi's movement as "non-violent", as there was plenty of violence involved, but it was one-sided: the Brits beat the crap out his followers. So it can't truly be called non-violent, more of a self-sacrifice movement. Just because one side chooses not to fight doesn't make it non-violent.

Such movement can only succeed where the sacrificers outnumber the oppressors by a huge margin, and the oppressors have at least some scruples. Otherwise pretty much any non-violent movement outnumbered massively by the oppressors will end with the non-violent being eaten alive. It all depends upon how ruthless the (side note: why isn't "ruthful" a word?) other side is.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME ONE EXAMPLE OF A RIGHT THAT HAS BEEN TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU.

Patriot Act 1 and 2

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join