It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Translation needed for strange chant in children's show (Thai? Italian?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
As discussed in this thread there is a scene in the final (unaired) episode of the Powerpuff Girls in which a devilish-looking gnome chants while firing lightning fromhis hands at the heroines.

Video may be found here. The chants occurs at approximately 3:05 to 3:32.

It sounds roughly like "Chai lai, loche de shamcha mechito"

Chai lai apears to be Thai for "dangerous flower" which would make sense given some of the symbols in the video, but might be a coincidence and the mixed soft/hard ch sounds resemble Italian to my ears. In any case, it's always possible that the voice actor is mangling the words.

Can anyone confirm the language it's in and translate? Also, if you can confirm that it is not a language, please post to help us narrow it down.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
You've got yourself a combo of words that have different meanings.

I'll give it a shot but I not 100% sure.

Chai - Victory

Lai - N/A

Loche - rocking.

De - of

Shamcha - N/A

Mechito - Spoon

Mechito is also a slang term for little devil in spanish from the country where I am from.

"Victory lai rocking of shamcha spoon."

Any thoughts?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I'm italian: i'm sure this is not my language.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by n0b0DY

"Victory lai rocking of shamcha spoon."

Mechito is also a slang term for little devil in spanish from the country where I am from.

The chanter looks like a little devil, so that's a more likely interpretation than spoon. As to the words you don't recognize...did you watch the video or are you only translating based on what it sounded like to me? I don't speak the language. I wasn't even sure which it was. I was simply guessing what the words were from listening which leaves a lot of room for error. With the background music playing a lot of phenomes would sound very similar. Could be "shamcha" "jamsha" "chamdya" etc.

But..."victory...of...little demon" sounds very plausible given that it's chanted while a little demon is zapping the heroines into submission. It's spanish, then? Would you watch the video and translate what you hear rather than what I hear?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Maybe you should try looking up the country of origin this tv show is. I do believe it's Japanese, so most likely any strange words would be Japanese.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

I speak Italian and it is definetely NOT Italian.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Maybe you should try looking up the country of origin this tv show is.

It's american. English is the original language of the show.

I do believe it's Japanese, so most likely
any strange words would be Japanese.

No. I'm pretty sure the chanting is not japanese.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Right after that chanting (which I could not for the life of me decipher) that girl went on to say 'there's not fork without the spoon!'
and another ridiculous one 'there's no sun without the moon!' (as if the suns existence were in any way reliant on the moon)

new topics

top topics

join