It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't blame them,it's NOT a Zamboni!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
It's not a Zamboni unless it's a Zamboni

PARAMOUNT - After being the official ice resurfacing machine of many a Winter Olympics, the Zamboni Co. is used to the drama of the international games. But when media reports said Zambonis caused the recent delays in the 2010 Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver, the Paramount-based manufacturing company wanted to quickly clear the ice Tuesday. Media outlets were quick to describe the malfunctioning machines as Zambonis. The problem? The ice-smoothing issues that have plagued events there belong to Olympia, a rival company. "While it is unfortunate that there was an interruption to the Winter Olympic events, please note: the resurfacers which were on the ice during those events were not ZamboniĀ® brand ice resurfacers and should not be referred to as 'Zamboni machines,"' the company released Tuesday.

Its NOT a Zamboni!

I was watching the ice hockey games and I knew they were probably using the much inferior Canadian ripoff.I thought how funny it would be if these machines broke down during the games.

And they did.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
When you produce such a fine product the name enters common language for anything similar. Zamboni is now in the nomenclature for all ice resurfacing equipment, just like Kleenex is used for almost anything you use to wipe your nose, even if it's a Scott Tissue.

My buddy was flooding his back yard rink with the garden hose and told his son to go get his Zamboni from the garage. It was just an industrial squeegee on a pole, but that's what he called it.

The price you pay for being very successful at what you do.

new topics

join