It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our world may be a giant hologram

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I agree with what some members have said.

There is a huge difference between saying that the world/universe is a hologram, and saying that we live in a hologram created by someone else (AKA the matrix (let's face it, it is what people are thinking)).

From what I understand (and I'm no expert in physics) they are saying that is possible that what we see and understand from our """primitive""" brains may be only a illusion, or part of a whole that we don't understand.

I think this article falls more in the category of multidimensional reality theory than rather the theory of being slaves to some computer program or advanced civilization.

It's like the Universe is a very complex thing, and the visual (that is our basis) may be only part of the equation. Maybe there are many other factors that we don't even see (for example, dark matter or dark energy).

It's like talking about colors and shapes to a person that was born blind.

[edit on 18/2/10 by Tifozi]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
If its true, whats the point? What scientific purpose is there? It would of been a collosal project not just creating a planet but an entire universe with billions of unique galaxies. I just cant believe it, sorry.

well...think of it like this....you could say the same thing about the universe no matter what it is....if god made it..whats the point...if it just exists and is not a hologram...whats the point...if its a hologram..whats the point...

no matter what 'it' or we...are...we are still the same.

people who cant grasp the idea that we may be a hologram have never REALLY thought about what we and everything really is...simply saying 'we are real' is not an answer..youve got to clarify what 'real' means...

the hologram idea makes perfect sense for me...and doesnt change one iota my ideas about what i am or what 'its all about'...

i dont know either way...

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Ok.. so, I can understand some parts of this theory, however some of it I or my mind refuses to accept.

There are some on here much smarter than me so they might be able to explain it to someone who left schooling at 16

For eg. I am sitting on a chair and someone else observes this also. I can accept me having this illusion, but a second observer, seeing the exact same thing, or even a 3rd or 4th person. What is this chair then that everyone sees, feels if it's an illusion? How can it interact with more than one person the same way if it's not real?

I can't get my head around that, not to mention being killed by an illusionary car. I dunno.. I do like where this theory is headed though.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by spurge]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
If its true, whats the point?

Experience, explore, suffer, enjoy, pan, pleasure, time & contribute by adding to the creation. We are not any less than before. Look at every thing around us from the smallest particles we are made of, the DNA code that programs our development, plants, ants, rocks, animals, dirt, oceans, people it all follows the rules of the construct. Perhaps we will get lucky and graduate to another level of the construct when we leave this reality.Then again maybe it is like the Matrix, but we are something completely different than what we know here - something we can't look at or conceive of while we are here. Simply cogs in a wheel of life or Gods at play with rules? Does it really matter what we are? I don't think so,

[edit on 18-2-2010 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by spurge
Ok.. so, I can understand some parts of this theory, however some of it I or my mind refuses to accept.

There are some on here much smarter than me so they might be able to explain it to someone who left schooling at 16

For eg. I am sitting on a chair and someone else observes this also. I can accept me having this illusion, but a second observer, seeing the exact same thing, or even a 3rd or 4th person. What is this chair then that everyone sees, feels if it's an illusion? How can it interact with more than one person the same way if it's not real?

I can't get my head around that, not to mention being killed by an illusionary car. I dunno.. I do like where this theory is headed though.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by spurge]

why do you think that there is more than one hologram..you live in the same hologram as i do...i assume

if your chair is holographic its part of a larger hologram..and every holographic 'being' in this hologram will also see it...it seems like a huge computer programme...a tiny tennis racket in a tennis game hits the tiny ball over the tiny net and the opponents tiny tennis racket hits it back...the ball to us is only a few pixels but to the tennis racket and the players in the game its real...

i had a problem with the hologram theory after hearing icke talking about it..i couldnt understand how..say...a builder could build something..a wall...in new zealand...without my knowing...but id see it if i went to have a look....what is this wall..how can we create in a hologram...but i understand now that when we build something or simply move something we are simply actively reprogramming the software so to speak....there was no wall...the act of building a wall simply changes..updates the code putting a wall there where there before was no wall....and every other being in this hologram can also see it as it now exists within the hologram..

this may also explain certain so called 'supernatural experiences'...these could be a glitch in the programme..in the hologram...

[edit on 18-2-2010 by alienesque]

[edit on 18-2-2010 by alienesque]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienesquei had a problem with the hologram theory after hearing icke talking about it..i couldnt understand how..say...a builder could build something..a wall...in new zealand...without my knowing...but id see it if i went to have a look....what is this wall..how can we create in a hologram...but i understand now that when we build something or simply move something we are simply actively reprogramming the software so to speak....there was no wall...the act of building a wall simply changes..updates the code putting a wall there where there before was no wall....and every other being in this hologram can also see it as it now exists within the hologram..

this may also explain certain so called 'supernatural experiences'...these could be a glitch in the programme..in the hologram...

This is kind of my way of thinking about it, as well. When you are within a system, you can measure and change things inside the system, but you cannot have any influence on things outside the system that you can be aware of. It's kind of the reverse of Schrodingers cat. The cat in the box cannot know if the scientists is there watching it unless he leaves the box, but he can still take a dump in the box.

This is the concept of Constructs. Like I mentioned a few pages back, this theory doesn't particularly state that our reality is an illusion, mearly that the construct in which we live in is just a subset of a larger whole.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have a similar thread posted on this subject, have a look-see!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Crito

This is awesome. If I look at that image normally then it moves -- so then I "flexed my third eye" and went into a light trance and the image stopped moving. Amazing.

I just got banned from theparacast.com... for "peddling" my "putrid poo" as David Biedny called it -- or along those lines.

But I'm not selling anything! haha. Of course the problem was that I mentioned my masters thesis was published on David Icke's website -- actually it was on "hidden mysteries" by Icke's webmaster. Anyway Icke is probably the most famous proponent of the "holographic universe" and maybe for that reason people dismiss it as bunk.

Still consider this model of the brain as holographic:

linkinghub.elsevier.com...

Here was the paracast thread were I give more details on this holographic model -- building from Michael Talbot's Holographic Universe book:

www.theparacast.com...'___'-and-spirits

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join