It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LOL i dont understand the Seti@home map!!!!can anyone explain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I downloaded the map but it doesnt make sense can anyone help?

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If you mean the SETI@home mapview program them I'm afraid I can't help you. I downloaded it , but don't know how to get my work units to show up on it
sorry

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Hi Warhappy!!

I've had a chance to download this now and "played" with it. It looks very pretty incidentally!!

Down load the program from www.bjoernhenke.de..." target="_blank" class="postlink">here. Save it wherever you keep your downloads.

You'll get a screen on installation like this:

Browse to where your SETI@home program is located (you'll see my folder named here).

You should then restart the program (SETI Map) and your current WU is displayed (I don't *think* it looks at your archived results but I might be lying here - I've yet to play with the "Add" function!!)

Then, you can download additional maps if you like from www.bjoernhenke.de..." target="_blank" class="postlink">here. Beware of the warnings however - I initially downloaded the "Enhanced Large map" (where it is recommended you have 512 Mb RAM, and I only have 256Mb RAM on *this* machine!!
) and the machine effectively "locked up"
The "Enhanced Medium map" appears to work very well - here is the WU I'm currently "crunching"

I hope that helps?

join