It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4.000.000.000. degrees recorded using an atom smasher.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

I'm a firm believer in science, hehe, but I swear sometimes when I watch these things, I could believe they just make it up as they go along.

Does my head in!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
So what would happen to somebodys finger if it just so happened to touch something 4 trillion degrees hot?

hehe... I'm betting that you wouldn't be able to get your finger near enough to touch something that hot. The finger would be gone before it made it...

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
So what would happen to somebodys finger if it just so happened to touch something 4 trillion degrees hot?

Why the finger? Why not go the whole head!!

The Man Who Stuck His Head Inside a Particle Accelerator

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Let's just say you wouldn't have a finger lol

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

What the physicists are looking for are tiny irregularities that can explain why matter clumped out of the primeval hot soup.

This is what confuses me. I am not a scientist, so this will sound dumb. But how are they going to find out how matter clumped together from smashing stuff together?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
This is really cool. Makes me perspire just thinking about it. No black holes either.

BTW, 4-trillion = 4.000.000.000.000

that trillion is not the same as a british trillion. which has 18 zeros

an american trillion is only a billion to the uk.

just an fyi.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Let's see here...

The specific heat content of Gold is 0.129 joules per gram per degree Kelvin.

(0.129 Joules raises the temperature of one Gram of gold by One degree Celsius)

The mass of a single Gold atom is 3.2706 x 10^-22 grams

So, the energy required to heat one gold atom by one degree kelvin is:

4.219074 × 10^-23 Joules

Or

0.00000000000000000000004219074 joules.

So, taking this into account, the amount of energy required to heat one gold atom by 4 trillion degrees Celsius (or kelvin) is:

1.6876296 × 10^-10 Joules

Or

0.00000000016876296 Joules

Conversely, this is also the exact amount of heat energy that is contained in one gold atom at 4 trillion degrees. (Relative to room temperature)

Now, Considering that your Finger is made of 70% water... (assuming a fingertip mass of one gram of water for ease of calculation)

and the Specific heat capacity of water is 4.1813 joules per gram per degree kelvin...

It would raise the temperature of your finger by one hundred millionth of a degree.

You wouldn't even notice it...

Now, if you touched something at 4 trillion degrees that was significantly LARGER... yes, it would probably make your finger Explode.

-Edrick

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

In Dutch, the translation was called 'een miljard' It has 9 zero's in it.
Maybe the translator also screwed up.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
4 Trillion degrees is bloody cool!

Now we have to fear, in addition to black hole, they're gonna create a bloody Big Bang

This is what will happen;

We will re-create the "big-bang" theory to study more about our OWN universe. Doing this will result to, eventually, evoultion on earth-like planets, then we can see different life-forms in different environments. After this, we will then refer to our solar system/universe in order to see the comparison.

To be honest guys, as soon as i read this, i had this idea in my head which i just stated, call me bonkers, but this is possible. Just something from my instinct.

I would like to think we perform all this in the near future.

Regards,

Unstable Affliction.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

You have 4 Billion posted in your original post.

4,000,000,000,000 - This is the correct form.

1. Hundred
2. Thousand
3. Million
4. Billion
5. Trillion

[edit on 16-2-2010 by deadforce]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
A lot of you on here are saying how amazing it is they have smashed a record temperature of four billion Celcius then how is it if the atmosphere can not be exposed to more than four thousand degree's celcius is it that the chamber which they created with this immense heat didn't abrupt the chamber ripping a massive hole in the Earth's crust???

Plus four billion is a very big number especially for degree's celcius so have they created a temperature similar but converted to ICE???

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DClairvoyant

A lot of you on here are saying how amazing it is they have smashed a record temperature of four billion Celcius then how is it if the atmosphere can not be exposed to more than four thousand degree's celcius is it that the chamber which they created with this immense heat didn't abrupt the chamber ripping a massive hole in the Earth's crust???

Because the chamber is under vacuum, devoid of atmosphere.

The reason that extremely high temperatures are hard to contain in the atmosphere is because the air around the "Hot" thing will take the heat, and increase in pressure/volume... explosively if the temperature is high enough.

Since the chamber was under vacuum, the heat would have no place to go, and thus, the energy would be safely contained.

But none of that actually matters, because the amount of mass that they heated up is so small, the energy content of 2 atoms at trillions of degrees would not even be able to raise a thimbleful of water by a single degree.

It's not dangerous at all.

Blowing a hole through the earths crust? Really?

That is quite impossible... see my earlier post.

Plus four billion is a very big number especially for degree's celcius so have they created a temperature similar but converted to ICE???

No, in several different ways... no.

ICE, is frozen water.

They heated Gold to trillions of degrees by the conversion of its kinetic energy into quantum excitation.

ICE was not involved at any step of the process.

-Edrick

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Sorry i didn't make myself clear. I meant would it be possible to reverse the effects of those two atoms heated by trillions of degree's celcius so you could have the opposite effects of explosive heat to an instant freeze?

What i was trying to get at and whether it may or may not stay on topic at this moment was the idea of atomic energy combusting many atoms together causing the explosion and blast with great amounts of high temperature but the opposite from "Heat" to an "Instant Freeze". If you can imagine an ice-storm with supercooled rain drops that freeze instantly with direct contacted with objects. The idea was clumping atoms to produce an atomic instant freeze.

Its times like this when i could do with my old lecturer Fred who was a very smart intelligent norweigian man for which you could speculate about the impossibilities and he'd prove you wrong and explain it in the most simplist ways to understand.

It was my lecturer who gave me the idea of an atomic freeze bomb as i went on a field trip to visit TopCom in England who design the 32 sphere mid-section of the A-bomb and the lathes and PLC programming in that w/shop were so sophisticated it just blew my mind away.

But when i read on this thread just joggered my memory from a while back and i figured there's a few bright character's on here who wouldn't mind mentioning there opinions.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DClairvoyant
Sorry i didn't make myself clear. I meant would it be possible to reverse the effects of those two atoms heated by trillions of degree's celcius so you could have the opposite effects of explosive heat to an instant freeze?

Are you actually trying to make Edrick furious?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Are you actually trying to make Edrick furious?

Oh no certainly not.. I do not wish to make Edrick mad as I find him to be a very intelligent man and very interesting. You could say that I just felt like dropping a word in and understanding whether it could be possible to do all the above i mentioned. Thats all really i didn't come on here to annoy member's. I only wanted to know from some smart individuals if it is at all possible.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
such useless information but, still i'm going to call this BS. how do you record a couple of atoms out of trillion of atoms and actually read its temperature. if by color than how do you know it's right since it the first time ever. how do you keep an eye on so many atoms or how do you read the temperature on it.

Yea I call BS too... its blatantly a hoax. There's not even an atom smashing machine down there!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle

Originally posted by DOADOA
such useless information but, still i'm going to call this BS. how do you record a couple of atoms out of trillion of atoms and actually read its temperature. if by color than how do you know it's right since it the first time ever. how do you keep an eye on so many atoms or how do you read the temperature on it.

Yea I call BS too... its blatantly a hoax. There's not even an atom smashing machine down there!

One of many ways would be to collect the data onto a statistical graph like most conventional systems. Unless there's other means of collecting the data?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

Incredulity is evidence of nothing. It simply shows ignorance. If you had knowledge you could state why it is or why it not possible. Those sort of statement are anti-insightful. Now, if only this experiement would reveal or at least suggest the answers to human irrationality being more predominant in this universe than rationality.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

One of many ways would be to collect the data onto a statistical graph like most conventional systems. Unless there's other means of collecting the data?

Not the foggiest what your on about, so I'll just nod my head and pretend to understand. My answer to your question is... cheese on toast.

Incredulity is evidence of nothing. It simply shows ignorance. If you had knowledge you could state why it is or why it not possible. Those sort of statement are anti-insightful. Now, if only this experiement would reveal or at least suggest the answers to human irrationality being more predominant in this universe than rationality.

There's some big words there, and I agree with them. Unfortunately though your speech is wasted on me because I was in fact joking.
My humour is wasted on you people. :shk:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Please address the Topic and Not each other.

TIA

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join