It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under the Dome: Stephen King

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

I thought it was his best book since "The Tommyknockers". King kind of lost me with everything from "Gerald's Game" on with the exception of "Bag on Bones" and "Dreamcatcher" but I am sucker for anything that takes place in the woods.

"Uunder the Dome" was a very hard book to put down esp in the context o the world we find ourselves living in these days.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I'm reading it as we speak....

I remember just a few pages in the book I said something like 'ugh, this makes me sick to my stomage'.. which sparked my husbands interest, lol.... He's reading it as well now and let that be the very first book he ever read in his adult life!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
I'm reading it as we speak....

I remember just a few pages in the book I said something like 'ugh, this makes me sick to my stomage'.. which sparked my husbands interest, lol.... He's reading it as well now and let that be the very first book he ever read in his adult life!

I had a few of those moments too!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I'm in the middle of it now. I love Stephen King's books and have read them all. I think that The Stand is still my favorite, but this is becoming close. I'm hoping it finishes well. I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminotreal

It is very hard to put down. It's definitely his best piece of mind candy.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I have an idea for a drinking game for Under the Dome. Every time somebody gets a bloody nose in the book, take a drink lol. It seems to happen a lot. Just a funny thing I noticed.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Under the Dome was mentioned on The Simpsons. Mr. Burns threatened to seal the town with a dome, like in the book. Here's the episode.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Thank you, thank you Gazrok. I told my husband the exact same thing. "This reads more like a movie pitch than a book."

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminotreal

Gerald's Game is one of my favorites. But my all time favorite is his story collection in Skeleton Crew.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by EnronOutrunHomerun

Just finished reading Under the Dome, I found it a cracking read with believable characters. For me King is back on form with this one,doing what he does best, the last one I read of Kings was The Cell which left me feeling robbed by an unsatisfactory ending. It felt like Mr King had trouble with his mobile phone and decided to get revenge on the said cell by bashing away at his typewriter, in a rant at the constant readers and ran out of steam before the end.With the cell he is back at his best.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

Yeah I caught the shout out to Jack reacher, I thought it strange too maybe its leading up to a King/ Child collaberation, who knows.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Swanseadog

For those who have read the book but did not catch the Jack Reacher mention here is a link-Jack reacher

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Swanseadog

I also forgot to add its one of the best books he has written since The Stand.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I have watched the 4 episodes of under the dome and losing interest quickly. I'm sure the book is better, but the show appears to follow the same old tired scripts. Like the walking dead the plot appears to be a llittle sci fi and mostly just about human interactions during a crisis.

I'm sure many enjoy those type of books or shows but I prefer the meat of the plot to concentrate more on the sci fi angle. Like what happened, why is the dome there in the first place, what is the military doing, etc.

So far the 4 episodes I have seen consist of the old tired story that some people will over react, panic, become evil, while others stand up to the occasion. Boring and overdone IMO,

So for those who have read the book and possibly seen the show, how close are the plots related? In the book , does the plot deal primarily with human interactions or does it go into the more sci fi realm?

Thanks
edit on 23-7-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Couldn't agree more! I watched a couple episodes on Amazon Prime...I think I made it through about #4 too, and just had to stop. I can't believe they've managed to somehow stretch it into another season! I mean, I know the book was long, but come on....

Such a shame too, because Dean Norris would have made a great Big Jim with better writing/direction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join