It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Amendment vs the theft of Military Valor

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
The First Amendment has no provisions for such a thing, which is why it requires it's own law.

No provisions for lying? You know, it states explicitly that anything it does not explicitly forbid is a matter for the states to decide. And it says nothing about mundane lying being illegal. So yes, it DOES provide for such a thing. That is the whole issue here, because they have passed unconstitutional laws, which is not exactly news. Like I pointed out above, they have been trying things like this ever since the 2nd presidency.

It isn't to take away from any part of the First Amendment. How does the First Amendment grant you the right to lie? Show me where it says that.

Read the 10th amendment. That's not how the Constitution works.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

So where does the Constitution say it's illegal to lie? Besides under oath in a court room, which is perjury, etc., and that is covered earlier in the Constitution so it actually does explicitly forbid that.

If you need further proof that mundane lying is not against the law, why don't you find me a single charge that has ever been filed against someone for simple lying? Not perjury, or claiming a license when you don't have one, but just everyday lying, as in "Yeah I was in the military, I fought against the Soviets in WWII." Good luck. Because it's not illegal. And it never has been.

The other problem is that most people don't even realize this is going on, hence my posts. Most people assume that no one would be so heinous as to do such a thing, but they do.

Most people assume no one would be so "heinous" as to lie about military service?
Source, please? I think you are just talking about extremely naive people.

Not many people know how to check military records

Ignorance is not an excuse to continue raping the Constitution, just like ignorance is not an excuse for breaking laws.

They can't legally claim they are doctors because they are not licensed. Plain and simple.

Which is what I just said. Congratulations.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by bsbray11]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

So you are saying that there is no problem about the lies of 911.
As long as there is no trial there can be no perjury no accountability.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donny 4 million

What's important about 9/11 is not the fact that they are lying but WHY they are lying and WHAT exactly they are trying to cover up. The whole act of contributing to the murder of American citizens and foreigners alike, and then covering it up on top of that, lying to the entire nation, is a pretty gross form of treason and breaking lots of other laws, I'm sure.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Originally posted by Donny 4 million

What's important about 9/11 is not the fact that they are lying but WHY they are lying and WHAT exactly they are trying to cover up. The whole act of contributing to the murder of American citizens and foreigners alike, and then covering it up on top of that, lying to the entire nation, is a pretty gross form of treason and breaking lots of other laws, I'm sure.

Appreciated. I haven't read any of the legalese but there is something here I don't understand.
A lie is an intangible and that alone can hurt no one that knows better.
Now using taxpayer's money to put metal salad on a liars chest especially one that would use that unearned lie to bolster their patriotic credentials is just insane. The act of issuing fraudulent medals can have the effect of swaying votes etc. It is the physical issuance of those medals is what I think is unlawful if a individual does not qualify for that decoration.
Is it not like collecting a welfare check while working two well paying jobs?

[edit on 7-3-2010 by Donny 4 million]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join