It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandatory drug testing for those receiving public assistance.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek
reply to post by SpectreDC

Considered getting a job in the food service industry, such as a bartender or waiter? Most restaurants dont drug test, and in the right place, the money is very nice.

you gotta be kidding me!!
most major food chains around here do not pay even minimum wage. on top of that, did you know most servers, when their tips are high enough do not even get paid from the place. my son has almost 10 years in food service has an hourly wage of +$2/hr next time you go out to eat, ask the server staff to explain it. If you tip the 15% most think is good, the server will get no money in tips, as his/her pay rate will be devalued to allow the company to pay them nothing.
this (IMHO) is terrible. I know slews of kids, young men/women that do worse if working for food industry than if they were on on assistance, at least they'd have medical relief

think its a coincidence they don't drug test?
and while we are at it, lets test all the students (grants, loans) all persons who set foot on a gov't job, (contractor or not), persons that volunteer, everyone who works for companies that get subsidies, all persons who buy a permit (even if its for a yard sale) all college professors, teachers, coaches, mentors, guidence instructors, grant recipients, medical professionals, police, construction workers, priests, pastors, nuns, inspectors, drivers, food service providers (public health safety) utility workers AND their contractors. (if I left anyone out feel free to add yourself)

and before it goes to the "we already randon drug test"
understand that your boss, supervisor, hr dept, union, usually determine the "random" individual. Requirements for federal approved "drug free companies" is also a joke, as pick and chose individuals to represent your company. (I have stories that you would not believe) the only drug test you usually can't weasel out of is when an incident occures, which then allows the company to blame 100% whatever happened on you, expunging their liability.
The whole random drug testing came about because the pot legalization movement printed a survey that large amounts of the people said they used it regularly and it did not effect their ability to do their job.
and an added fact, the hardest drugs leave your system fastest, allowing the best ability to beat a drug test. some remain less than 24 hrs but pot can be tracked in your hair for years.

thats what we need more biasedly controlled tests to sort out all the low lifes

dr

[edit on 16-2-2010 by dr dodge]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
What a great idea. Why should my tax money pay for some little ahole's drugs. I do not care if they have a bad time because they are not getting a their fix. They had a choice to take drugs, so let them deal with it.

People who live their lives on the state, drinking and taking drugs to pass their lives away are SCUM, pure SCUM and need to be delt with harshly and quickly.

If you have a medical problem that warrents the uses of drugs (prescription drugs) then that is ok but if for recreation. SCUM...

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
damn I think this subject hits on a few of peoples buttons
thank you everyone for your opinion
just a "Right" of privacy issue for me...where does it stop is what i am worried about!

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I have to agree, most working Americans are from time to time REQUIRED by their Employer to pass a random drug test. Complying with the testing only gives you the opportunity to continue WORKING for your MONEY..

Now it is asked, is it Politically correct to ask that those on public Assistance submit to drug testing.. Pray tell why not, I had to in order to earn those tax dollars that are being GIVEN away to them, why not require testing before I fill their palm with my tax dollars?

I too believe that people need assistance from time to time, some for longer periods than others, but some families have been on it for generations.. That's just wrong no matter how you paint it...

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I look at it this way.

I'm a state employee and I had to take a drug test to qualify for my job.

Well, these people are in effect "state employees", too.

Test them for drugs!

[edit on 2/21/2010 by centurion1211]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join