It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Accurate Answer Requested

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Conspire
I see the names of the producers of the majority of the movies and TV shows and I ask myself they appear not to be traditional Christian surnames, so does this mean only Christians can be religiously vilified by other religious faiths?

...and what exactly is a "traditional Christian surname"?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Conspire
THis is a rather basic post free of aliens,ghosts,UFO's, organ theft,ect, but since I was a teenager I have noticed(not very hard) that the name Jesus Christ is not respected in the majority of Hollywood movies I have watched, indeed also in many TV shows.

I would estimate that I have heard the phrase Jesus [SNIP] Christ at least one thousand times in the last twenty years of being a movie watcher, add the numerous other variations such as CHRIST in the same sentence as # for example and I conservatively could calculate a ten thousand fold utterance of Christ being cursed since I have watched movies and TV shows.
With my hand on my heart I can estimate the occurences of disrespect against other religions to be less than fifty in the decades described.
Why is this , I honestly want to be informed, I see the names of the producers of the majority of the movies and TV shows and I ask myself they appear not to be traditional Christian surnames, so does this mean only Christians can be religiously vilified by other religious faiths?

If so where is the law in the American Constituition that allows this?

We are all for religious respect, but surely it should apply to Jesus Christ, the source of hope for Billions across the globe ?

If not could someone cite the law that permits vilification against a Christian Deity, but that suggests vilification against Islam, Judaism ect is prohibited?

I cannot fathom the country that allows its own Beliefs to be insulted so often in the media, yet protects others beliefs by the letter of the law.
If Iam christian and Jesus Christ is used as a profanity in most movies emnating from the USA , but no other religions sacred figures are vilified , what conclusion should one make?
I only request logical answers not hate or ignorance.

Profanity removed.

Terms And Conditions Of Use

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words.

[edit on 10/2/10 by masqua]

I apologise for quoting the movie scripts of movies I watched as a child that contained the F word in the same sentence as Jesus Christ,I see how it was necessary to have it edited out,and Iam not being sarcastic one iota,honest God.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Yes, you can curse Jesus on television. But if you mention Jesus' name in a positive way on a TV show then it's bad news. Ask Tyler Perry. No one wanted to allow him to use Jesus name when he talked about God. The networks said he could say God, but not Jesus. He eventually won out and found a place that would let him say the name of his God, Jesus.

Just another example of how PC this country tries to be and the double standard we have. All faiths should be free to praise their God, just as atheist can say there is no God. It has to be fair for all. I guess we have no free speech anymore. We have a anti-group for everything now.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Perhaps a little off the subject, but here is a little input from me. The use of the term Jesus Christ jars me when it is used. The term "Christ" is not part of a name, but a title. Just as "Elizabeth, Queen of England", the term "Queen of England" is not part of Elizabeth's name but is her title (or attribute). The term Christ is derived from the Greek word "christus" which means anointed and is a Messianic term. When you use the term Jesus Christ, you are saying the same as Jesus, the Messiah or Jesus, Son of God. Only believing Christians should use the term Jesus Christ or the term Christ when referring to Jesus such as only Muslims should use the term "Mohamed, Prophet of God". Yet I have heard both Muslims and Jews refer to Jesus as Jesus Christ and it shows their ignorance as to what the term "Christ" means. When you use the name Jesus Christ, you are saying the same as Jesus, Son of God and unless you are a believer (such as me), don't use this term; it shows your ignorance as to what it really means for Christ infers The Messiah which infers The Son of God. For non-believers, the correct term is Jesus of Nazareth or Yashua Ben Joseph (spelling nor right, but Hebrew for Jesus, son of Joseph).

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Because Jesus was a myth.

Adults realise they were fooled as children, so they use JC as a swear word to show their anger at being mislead.

K.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kapyong
Because Jesus was a myth.

Adults realise they were fooled as children, so they use JC as a swear word to show their anger at being mislead.

K.

Good possible explanation , but why doesnt the Producers and Directors order the actors to say Santa ******** Claus in every production that hits the christian audiences they profit by?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kapyong

A myth?
We've validated everything about Him but the "Miricles"!
What more could be proved but that He comes with the clouds of the Heavens
having Force and Great brilliance, that He comes with the Destruction being a sword bathed in the Heavens with which He razes the Earth, that He walks through the Earth on pillars of Fire, His face shining as the naked Sun...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join