It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandelbrot to Mandelbulb - 3D Infinity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Great thread , thank you OP .

Fractals are indeed mysterious .

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
This is an amazing thread I must say. When I looked into the subject matter a little more extensively I must say the material flew right over my head.
The implications of the 3d model are staggering though, and I think this will provide A LOT of good reading

thanks for posting! S&F

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Wow!
Awsome and very new for me!
Thanks for posting this very informative thread

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by dzonatas

I wouldn't go so far to say the universe is a fractal,
I would...it seems plainly obvious IMO...

Maybe not so obvious to someone without eyesight.

as I've seen/read even deeper concepts that go much into further expansion beyond fractals.
Care to elaborate?

I've collected a few. My favorites are atomatrices, perfect spheres, fractals, and quantum mechanics (minus quantum physics).

Here is some of my recent posts on perfect spheres: #1 #2

Someday, I'll try to post a revised version of what I wrote there.

[edit on 9-2-2010 by dzonatas]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

ok, thanks for the reply...I'll have to look into that perfect circle stuff, haven't really heard much of it before...

You don't really need eye sight to work it out...

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Great pictures, and although fractals aren't my main interest here, you have put forth an excellent thread, certianly a good example for threads to come! S&F for that.

-E-

[edit on 9-2-2010 by MysterE]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Excellent Job.

Any chance of a glimpse inside one of the tunnels?

Why just one color in the pics most of the time by the way? I always see 'infinite' (or at least multi) colors when journeying through the fractals.

has anyone managed to animate this?

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S

You don't really need eye sight to work it out...

Maybe... it would be quite a bore to compute those numbers over and over when you can't see it as easily on a computer screen. I think complete boredom would set in faster then someone that wants to achieve higher awareness by that un-automated method.

Now, if you said a fractal, like a mandelbulb, represent a lifeform, that I could agree easier with due to the nature of lifeforms being obviously more vast and complex than a universe, and such the fractal gives a sense of what the surface of that lifeform would look like in or out of a universe.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
How can something so mathematically and scientifically complex still have such a beautiful element of DESIGN?

Hmmmm?

AWESOME THREAD, added to my faves. THANKS

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Not trying to move the thread along a different route, nor am I trying to not contribute, for I will eventually comment, but I just have to say this...

Some of those pictures I just had to stop and stare... it was if I was being drawn in. Amazingly, a few seemed to show representations of Cambodian temple design...

Perhaps this is a glimpse into the divine.

Okay, now with that said. Having been involved in 3D animation and illustration, I can't even begin to fathom the time it took to fully render this... if it has even happened. It's an infinite object, rendering wouldn't stop. Every time it is zoomed, it will render more and more. To answer an earlier question, to animate it would be nigh-impossible.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Amazing! I wondered how long it would be before somebody finally 3d rendered the Mandelbrot set.. And the results are no less than amazing! I've been a huge fan of this since listening to and reading Dr. Bruce Lipton's work and Fractal Evolution.. This science is obviously related to formation of life and a glimpse in to the reality of the universe... Too bad this doesn't make mainstream science/TV ... sad

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

WOW, finally a good thread pops up on ATS (we all know the last few months have been pretty dull). This is one of the best threads I have read, great job, S/F from me.

Fractals are certainly an interesting concept in cosmology, they show potential to help us visualize an otherwise non-describable reality. They also blend together some major aspects of theoretical physics, but more research is needed IMHO.

Again, great thread.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It's not enough to say that those images are striking. By themselves, the are interesting, but once you understand what they represent, they are astounding!

I've seen what others have posted and I have to agree that they take on a very biological nature in my mind. It looks living.

S+F again for another great thread.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
thank you, i can now safely feel like im on '___' without actually doing the drug,

really this is truly amazing

S&F

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Wow! You deffinately got a nice screen saver there. Where can i get mine?

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Very interesting indeed, great job.

What got me is the Toroidal displays, particularly the top right most.

This is a very good (albeit simplistic) view of the discovered Epi-genome, a secondary DNA strand that encircles our main DNA. Very interesting as research is showing that the epi-genome provides virtually real time genetic change by manipulating gene expression in the main DNA strand (things you experience today will manifest in your grandkids).

This type of research lends credence to the thought that the eventual explanation for Life, the Universe and Everything will be an equation that can fit on the front of a T-shirt.

Sadly the answer is probably not 42.

[edit on 9-2-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
very neat images. looks alot like some coral formations you see in the ocean.
gratz

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If the universe is truly a fractal, then it wouldd negate a need for a TOE, as everything can be described in simple terms. One of the articles stated that it would falsify Einstein's relativity(which is necessary because we can't just "expand" the three standard forces to the macroworld), which doesn't surprise me.

In order for it to be a fractal, however, then we must be able to analogize everything in the cosmos as parts of the atoms. Now the galaxies can be thought as the electrons. The dark matter/energy can be thought of as the vacuum density energy(which is potential but latent energy, that exists as long as there is space). The proton is said to be the black hole/singularity. But what about the neutron? Since we don't know what exactly the center of the universe or a black hole actually looks like, we can't say. Also, there is actual space between the electrons and the nucleus. The current model of the universe says that space only exists on the perimeter, and literally nothing or "hyperspace" exists between the center of the universe and that space(if the theory about wormholes is true, then supposed that we were to shoot a particle through the space of an atom, then we should see it "teleport" through the other side.)

IMO, there is a slight difference. And I believe this difference was made on purpose by the Creator, in order for us to come up with the equations for string theory, and the concept of extra dimensions.

[edit on 9-2-2010 by np6888]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Great thread!
Although, irrational numbers like π may be more mind boggling and more practical (aside from generation of 3D landscape art; point taken LuxFestinus), they are less pretty than mendelbrotish fractals.

And, fractals are a great way to get interested in numerical analysis!

[edit on 9-2-2010 by I Hate Trolls 2]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I remember in the MMORPG Asheron's Call purported to use fractally generated landscape in game.

Pretty cool stuff. S&F!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join