It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran leader says Israel's destruction 'imminent'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
You obviously dont know about the 12th Imam? They beleive they are living in the age of the return of the Mahdi and its their regime that will pave way for him.

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
The thing is , if Iran attacks israel, Iran will be wiped off the map with all it's citizens, why would Iran start a war. They havnt started a war in over a centuary, why now, why would they attack anyone?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Hi Everybody... from what I've read and understand, the reason Iran would start a war and instigate an attack against Israel is total destruction. The Mullahs, Khomenis, and Pres. Amadamajaba believe that they can bring the return of the "12th Mahdi"....basically, the Muslim equivalent of Jesus Christ Messiah's Second Coming.
By bringing world chaos and destruction,the Islamic Apocolypse, then the "12th Mahdi" will slay all of the infidels and establish an Islamic Millenial Reign.
It's kind of like, if the really hard-core Christian Fundementalists took power in America... but in Iran. What better way to get rid of the rebels and revolutionaries in Iran than with Israeli and US missles and bombs. It's a 2fer1...you get rid of the enemies of the state and become a martyr all at the same time....
The people are overall good folks and many are pro-American. It's the Iranian Govt. that are the nutjobs.... you know, kind'a like ours.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
"I read many posts that say, "Iran will be like Iraq and Afghanistan, Iran will be a rather easy war and everyone is just hyping it up for nothing."

The people who think Iran will be a cakewalk are delusional as the guy who claimed "Mission Accomplished". What exactly has been "easy" about Afghanistan and Iraq? Eight years and numerous unnecessary deaths later, the USA is still chasing its tail in both countries.

Putting things into perspective, Iran has three times the population and over three times the land mass of Iraq. If anyone thinks the USA can win this war by dropping a few bombs and not having to go in heavy with ground troops, well, just look at the two illegal and inhumane wars which are still in progress in the area.

If Israel is as powerful militarily as some people make them out to be, then why was was the 2006 Lebanon conflict such a debacle for them?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

Hate to disagree but our ROE are the biggest reason for those two wars still continuing, not to mention the money being made from them.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Just a thought : -

I don't think Iran has developed a / some Nukes!

There has been no evidence of testing them underground like you have to (North Korea and loads by the US in the 1940's). It would be picked up by sensors around the World.

So unless they have purchased a ready made Nuke off some disgruntled ex Cold War Russian General or have got Chemical / Biological one's at the ready, I don't think Israel need worry.

Conventional rockets from Iran to Israel will be a piece of piss to shoot down way before they get very far and that's if we (Israel / US) hasn't already taken them out with Cruise Missiles etc.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Just out of curiosity have you ever wondered why Dr Tim Hampton died? as a colleague of Dr David Kelly and responsible for a lot of data regarding seismic testing. I have been wondering and looking at the info, I suspect they have nukes, and now a delivery platform.. not saying it's right or wrong, just saying what I think might be behind all these shenanigans.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Who has said there would be a war? The US doesnt need ground troops-the stated intent has been to destroy Irans nuclear infrastructure which would be bombed from the air and sea with some special forces units on the ground.

No one is spoeaking of regime change like that which was doen in Iraq and Afghanistan. That DOES require ground forces and that is something COMPLETELY different altogether.

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
"I read many posts that say, "Iran will be like Iraq and Afghanistan, Iran will be a rather easy war and everyone is just hyping it up for nothing."

The people who think Iran will be a cakewalk are delusional as the guy who claimed "Mission Accomplished". What exactly has been "easy" about Afghanistan and Iraq? Eight years and numerous unnecessary deaths later, the USA is still chasing its tail in both countries.

Putting things into perspective, Iran has three times the population and over three times the land mass of Iraq. If anyone thinks the USA can win this war by dropping a few bombs and not having to go in heavy with ground troops, well, just look at the two illegal and inhumane wars which are still in progress in the area.

If Israel is as powerful militarily as some people make them out to be, then why was was the 2006 Lebanon conflict such a debacle for them?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Hi AG
You are correct, this link.

www.scribd.com...

As for debate about whether or not he used the word imminent as in the op's post, he's already said that before, only very craftily, as it would have been at the hands of the Hezbollah.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Who in there right mind would mind would want to invade them?
Who in their right mind would allow them to have nuclear weapons with their current theological regime and 18th century cultrue? We want nothing more than to totally destroy if possible or severly delay Irans nuclear infastructure. I believe that if we can delay it for several more years Iran will play itself out and the people of Iran will continue to bring about the deterioration and final take over of the current theocrocy. I dont care how much oil you have, nukes are expensive in terms of infastructure.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

As I have stated in my thread:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

The Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad want to propel their agenda.
Please read it and it will all come clear.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Hey wait. This might even coincide with the 2010 Winter Olympics. So maybe a terrorist attack will be made afterall. And then the U.S Troops can invade Canada to establish more security measures, and a start to unite Canada and Mexico to make that NAU and to establish that Amero piece of junk. What do you guys think? I don't see how it's gonna maybe connect of what's going on out in the east but however I can see it being made as an excuse, saying that it was Al CIAda.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Look's like somebody's got thing's all worked out already....damn, I was planning to go to a party on the 12th of Feb....guess that's cancelled

www.google.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join