It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lingerie line for kids to be launched

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
-snip-

This is another case of using key words and over-dramatization for a "news" outlet to get readers by bending the truth. Most of the population will read the headline and click on the advertisements and spend their money like zombies, and then they will gossip about that evil Noah Cyrus, instead of reading the entire article and condemning the author for using a little girl to push their buttons!

(my underlining for emphasis)

As is clearly evident throughout this thread, and we're the cream of the crop, even!

Buttons, PUSHED!
Minds, CONTROLLED!

Stop looking at what they want you to see, look behind it for what truly IS. We gotta quit arguing with those who simply see the pictures differently than ourselves, and instead be upset at the ADULTS who dress these kids, pose them around poles, snap the pictures, edit, publish, everyone along the chain who's out to make a buck.

Just like the pageant kids, to me these look like silly little girls who's parents are way too full of themselves and their glamorous glory days. They're living vicariously through their kids. It's the parents fault. The kids are going to do pretty much whatever they can get away with, as kids tend to do!
Right, parents?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Yep. And girls like nice clothes and ask their parents for them.

Its AMAZING.

You seem to be confused, this thread is not about nice clothes, at least not in the opinion of most of the people posting. In fact I think you are the only person so far who has described these clothes as being "Nice" and I think that says a ton about your opinion.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Oh yeah, they are having the Grand Premier of this line of Feb. 14, isn't that sweet? The official announcement/invitation shows up at the end of the video on their web, not the video posted here at ats.

The fun just never stops. Btw, I didn't know 3/4 length STRIP TEASE gloves were normally sold with children's sleepwear.

emilygracereaves.com...

[edit on 3-2-2010 by Bombeni]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I personally see this as another tragic sign of the times. A severe 'sexualizing' of our people where not even our children are immune.

It makes me sad for our youth. We're programming our children to be mindless sex objects. And it's not just this line of clothing. It's everywhere.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Its stuff like this that makes me not want to have kids. Of course this isnt a major reason, but my gosh ! Why the hell should little girls be wearing lingerie ? This is just retarded.

And holy crap, did you see some of the picture of Noah Cyrus in that website, she is one ugly #ing girl. He face comes to a sharp edge and shes got those terrible looking teeth (which she will probably lose and grow into a decent set) but still, yikes.

Anyways, just my $0.02, This is absolutely retarded, and I pray that the line doesnt get picked up or supported at all

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Okay, now I'm scared. One Miley cirus is bad enough now kids all over the world will start dressing like her. Atleast the perverts are happy.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
For those who need just a slight diversion:

Mom allows 12 year old to get fake boobs (in 3 years):

celebrities.ninemsn.com.au...

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Well first of all it says in the article and I quote:

"She is collaborating with Ooh! La, La! Couture designers to create versatile styles that can be worn with sweet ballerina slippers, funky sneakers or paired with lace stockings and boots for more of a rock and roll look."

So basically the collection isn't out yet. It states she is teaming up with the company to develop the line.

2nd. We can guess what the line will look like. If it is anything resembling her fashion sense then......

Well...

Would you let your 9 year old girl dress like this?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8c562b7bf30b.jpg[/atsimg]

God knows I wouldn't........ There would be hell to pay!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
For those who need just a slight diversion:

Mom allows 12 year old to get fake boobs (in 3 years):

celebrities.ninemsn.com.au...

Once again... "Mom" allows... It's not Fathers doing this crap.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I don't know what the big deal is... Is it the word "lingerie"? Because these are just frilly, ruffled dresses for little girls, perfectly acceptable in public. By the way, this company has been around for 5 years.

Ooh! La, La! Couture

It must be the word Lingerie that's got everyone's panties in a twist (excuse the pun).

It's not about what it is , it's more about how they are marketing it and the values of those people behind all of this....

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Oh yeah, they are having the Grand Premier of this line of Feb. 14, isn't that sweet? The official announcement/invitation shows up at the end of the video on their web, not the video posted here at ats.

Well, the video has now been marked as "private" at YouTube's end, so I can't watch it. But a Valentine's Day launch for a line of girls' dresses makes perfect sense. Valentine's Day was always a pretty big deal for us as I recall -- buying pre-made valentines or making them out of construction paper and lace for all the kids in my class, hoping that maybe one of the boys would give me a special card, etcetera. Not a sexual thing mind you -- I'm talking about when I was 6-12 years old. It's part of growing up and learning about being human, I think.

The fun just never stops. Btw, I didn't know 3/4 length STRIP TEASE gloves were normally sold with children's sleepwear.

If you're talking about the gloves that Noah Cyrus is wearing in the picture on the blog entry and your link -- those pictures are of her Halloween costume, not of this line of clothing.

Go ahead and rant about people who will let their 9-year-olds dress as strippers for Halloween, I'll agree with you. If I ever have a daughter, she will not dress as a stripper for Halloween until she goes to college and it's out of my control. But I won't call it "breaking alternative news".

edit: fix quote tags

[edit on 2/3/2010 by americandingbat]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Looks like Miley has some competition! In my opinion, it is just plain disgusting that the parents allow their two CHILDREN to do this kind of stuff. If my 9 year old told me she wanted to start a lingerie, I would blow up. If I found out my 16 year old was pole dancing, I would ban her from like, life, for a month or two or three. This is the result of early exposure to the media and bad parenting.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Cyrus should name her lingerie line "An Invitation to Molestation".

But all jokes aside, the FBI should use this opportunity to run a background check on every person that visits the website for Cyrus' lingerie line.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I personally think that Disney is one of the biggest threats to our childrens well being for a long time!

Hour after hour of inane drivel,smart mouthed kids,mini teen relationship problems and zero educational value!

That little girls father should be totally ashamed of himself,exploiting someone so young and making her dress like a tart!

He should be dragged into the street and whipped like the dog he is!!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Actually, this is tame compared to the past.

Don't forget how 10 year old Brook Shields was put out as a sex symbol by her mother back in the seventies, and then they made a movie with Brook posing nude at the age of 12, where she is sold to the highest bidder at a brothel.

www.youngactressreviews.org...

What mothers put their daughters through in these child beauty pageants is more disgusting.

If anything, this is pretty tame.

Using the term lingerie is however very weird.

I imagine the company is paying them a boatload of money. They are the whacked out ones.

Here we go again, do you see a pattern? Mother, Mother, Mothers... It's always the "Mothers" that are behind all of this crap, always. Sure you're always going to have some exceptions to the rule like Billy Ray Dirtbag but that just clarifies the 'Rule' even further. Look into any of it and it always goes back to a Mother.

In fact, I would bet anything that every single magazine this crap is advertised in is a woman's magazine, guaranteed.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by factbeforefiction]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

No, it is an invitation from the bigname designer Fred ? an OOh lala. It is advertising the Premier Launch Party of this children's lingerie line for the Hollywood sleaze to come to.

And I am referring to the gloves being worn in the lingerie picture. Unbelieveable. Again, since when does a child's sleepwear come with matching 3/4, actually I think those are closer to full length, gloves???

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I've never seen any girls wearing those ugly dresses in public so I really don't think this will start a new trend. If they choose to wear them then that is their right and none of our business. If young girls want to wear Victoria's Secret underwear then who gives a #? I often see young girls coming out of that store so they must be buying stuff.

I don't see it as harmful and bad parenting, times are changing. Kids are maturing faster and I see that as a good thing. They will still be kids and get up to nonsense as all kids do but as long as they are brought up right everything will balance itself out. The people we should be concerned with is all the young boys being #### teased from such an early age.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by DraconianKing]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

It's not about what it is , it's more about how they are marketing it and the values of those people behind all of this....

But this is just the problem with this thread.

It's not being marketed as "lingerie" -- it's not lingerie at all.

The pictures in the OP are not of this line of clothing. Go to the Ooh La La website and look at the 2010 line. Since this line hasn't been officially launched yet, you won't see much, but they do include four promotional photos from the Emily Grace line. That's the image that Ooh La La is marketing, not the Halloween party photos.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Wow, that little pink dress leaves NOTHING to the imagination. Ugh, I'm scared to find out if I'm having a girl a few ultrasounds from now. I thought I couldn't keep up with the "fashion" of the time when I was growing up! It might not be ACTUAL lingerie now, but just give it time. They'll just keep pushing it and pushing it until it actually is lingerie.

Mothers who want to be the "cool moms" will by this for their girls and they'll use the words "oh, they just like dressing up like then their older!" Then they'll wonder why their daughter is pregnant at 15. Maybe that's a little extreme but I mean, come on!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Whatever people say about 'conspiracy theorists' or people who ask 'why' to the worlds questions, one thing I have noticed is that these kind of people have a strong moral ground. Mainstream society is degenerate and wicked, but truh seekers such as ourselves always seem to have a strong sense of moral conviction. Thanks for posting this article, it's sick but needs to have light shed on it. This isnt Sodom and Gamora, this is the United States damnit!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join