It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any members in a band/musical group?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hi all, i was just curious to see how many of my fellow ATS/BTS members lpay music in a band, or an archestra or sing in a group. If so let me know what style and what kind of gigs you usually get and band name as well.

Me? I used to play in a punk band called 'Outside Chance'. We werent too bad but we didnt take ourselves seriously enough to make it anywhere. We played a gig or two each week in the local scene and ended up breaking up a week before we started recorded our E.P... but hey thats the way the world turns...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I sing and play guitar in a band at the moment called 'Deadlines.' We've only done a few gigs but things have gone pretty well too far. Unfortunately we have also discovered that a band called 'Deadlines' recently existed in the US, so a name change will be needed soon methinks. :shk:

Also, our bassist happens to be leaving to return to university soon and he's been a real driving and creative force behind us in terms of lyrics and arrangement, so I don't know what will happen with that. But it's been a good learning experience to be with some more experienced players for someone my age

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This kinda thread has been done lready

www.belowtopsecret.com...
www.belowtopsecret.com...

since i'm such a nice guy i'll leave this thread open

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   
drunk, you're too generous...anyhoo, i'm a part of a band called "2366," for those that have seen south park with the stomper, you'll know what's up...we've had so many names...but we played a show last evening, with three songs going strong. my own personal projects are equated to rapping . slightly .

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
In a far past I played e-piano/synth/organ in some groups (jazzrock, funk)...

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
kinda. but nobody wants to let us play cause were too young.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
ButtMonkey.... just keep at it, if they wont let you play, just keep jamming and get good as a group. then start playing at friends parties and stuff. Invest in good equipment so people will take you seriously... how old are you anyway?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Age should be no problem the younger you are the better you will be when you are older, I am also in band a 3 piece 2 be precise but we rarely get together now maybe once in awhile, we still consider ourselves a band, We are called Brainspill.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
One of my friends 13, and he plays in a band with 17 year olds..

I was in a band a time ago as a vocalist. The band's name was qwerTY. It was a soft rock outfit.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I was 14 when my first band formed. 15 when we started getting serious gigs (city festivals, yout festivals, skate comps, music festivals etc etc.) Mt area had a really good local scene and young bands were pretty normal. The scene is dead now and any band trying to make it here is pretty much doomed.

top topics

join