It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President highlights Middle East significance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

President highlights Middle East significance

www.irna.ir

Tehran, Jan 30, IRNA – Those who are in the Middle East have the last word as the region is the center of the world energy and wealth, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Saturday.
He made the remarks while referring to the significance of the Middle East region in the “international equations."

“Many countries have, unsuccessfully, tried during the past years to become a superpower in the region but they failed as they play no role at the international equations,” said the president in an addres
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
presstv.ir
www.irna.ir

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Well I begin to think that Ahmadinejad have his brains not just for funny stuff. I know a lot of people think he is a "devil", "Antichrist" or just a sucker. I like to think the propaganda machines is making up a lot of you're minds. No offence.

Also I like to think he is not such a bad guy we all thought/think he is. I hear a lot of good stories and news articles coming from Iran. Well its just my view and I think everybody has a different view. Also I think you can make a comparison with Venezuela and Iran on a lot of issues. Both had a revolution to throw out the US, in both countries I believe the US has a major role in the civil unrest with one failed coup on Chavez. Both have huge oil supplies. And the borders of both countries are being stuffed with US soldiers.

Peace Vincent

www.irna.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
There is a very real conspiracy on the part of the U.S. and British Corporate Oil interests and Governments against Iran and Venezuela. The major oil companies and the U.S. prefer to monopolize oil and it’s a very real goal always to find a way for U.S. companies to dominate petroleum sources at their source. It helps keep the price high, it helps keep their distribution network humming along.

Ahmadinejad is a pretty good leader as leaders go. A lot of the things he has to say about the conspiracies of the Corporations and Governments would fit right here on ATS if he was an American and wasn’t a Muslim and if he didn’t personally have a huge corporate sponsored propaganda campaign personally designed against him and spread relentlessly that is meant to appeal to our sense of nationality and love for Israel, and distrust of Islam.

Sadly a lot of his messages and some of the truly astute and brilliant things he says gets lost in the way he is painted by the corporations and governments as the focus is on that notion that he is somehow a threat to our nation, Israel and that Islam can’t be trusted.

Chavez is very similar, it’s funny its one thing for American’s average American’s to get online here on a place like ATS and be critical of our government and our corporations and look for conspiracies and complicities and amoral and even illegal acts, but when a foreign leader starts saying the same things about America it tends to even get the Americans critical of our own government and corporations and how things are run up on our hind legs. It’s pretty much we can criticize us and critique us internally but the minute some external leader or even person says the exact same things that we are critical of and critique we tend to get defensive and then offensive in the way most people do.

Well looks who talking, your country sucks bigger! That’s pretty much the attitude sadly, as in how dare you guys speak the truth when we are certain your way of life sucks in comparison to ours. So we focus on what’s bad about that messenger instead of what’s good about that message.

It’s pretty sad. Chavez and Ahmadinejad would both probably be popular posters here on ATS if they were anonymous posters posing as Americans and left out the Islam and religious factor in Ahmadinejad’s case.

It’s why I typically will defend them both even though it’s not always popular and the propaganda aimed at them and some of the things that do transpire in their nation’s make them harder to defend especially the way our propaganda presents them and most people accept are actually happening that way.

They both have some great takes on the world and some really popular conspiracies that certainly makes them someone more fun than Cass Sunstein, Obama’s Information and Internet Czar!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Well yeah I think they would have really some things to tell over here. I thin they have quite some in-debt stories to tell. They are brave man to stand up to foreign domination.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Vincent84

Yes they are and the truth is they don't have much choice. To stay free in today's world you do have to standup to the corporations and the corporate governments of the world and they certainly do everything in their power to make realizing those freedoms almost impossible.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Yes tptb are trying very hard to make it impossible, but Iran and Venezuela succeeded for a great part. Now they have to face the consequences but I think Chavez and Ahmadinejad are not quitters. I hope more countries will follow their example. Some did, some will and I think better times are ahead.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Dude, are you aware of quoting the state funded news agency. In other words, you are quoting Iranian state propaganda, while you are blaming others for not being objective due to Western propaganda.

I hear a lot of good stories and news articles coming from Iran

That's like saying that you hear 'a lot of good stories and news articles coming from Nazi-Germany'. Alike the Nazi propaganda machine, I wouldn't expect the Iranian equivalent to report bad things such as the following:

SHARIA LAW PENALTIES imposed by Iran's religious mullahs include:

THEFT: Amputation of hands or feet for persistent offenders.

ADULTERY: Death by stoning.

UNMARRIED SEX: 100 lashes.

CONVERSION TO RELIGION OTHER THAN ISLAM: Death.

SODOMY: Death for adults, 74 lashes for consenting child.

LESBIANISM: 100 lashes, or on the fourth occasion death.

HOMOSEXUAL KISS: 60 lashes.

RUBBING ANOTHER MAN'S THIGHS OR BUTTOCKS: 99 lashes - on 4th occasion, death.

source

Execution of a teenage girl

A television documentary team has pieced together details surrounding the case of a 16-year-old girl, executed two years ago in Iran.

On 15 August, 2004, Atefah Sahaaleh was hanged in a public square in the Iranian city of Neka. Her death sentence was imposed for "crimes against chastity".

Sharia Law

In terms of the number of people executed by the state in 2004, Iran is estimated to be second only to China.

In the year of Atefah's death, at least 159 people were executed in accordance with the Islamic law of the country, based on the Sharia code. source

Iran to hang teenage girl attacked by rapists

An Iranian court has sentenced a teenage rape victim to death by hanging after she weepingly confessed that she had unintentionally killed a man who had tried to rape both her and her niece.

The state-run daily Etemaad reported on Saturday that 18-year-old Nazanin confessed to stabbing one of three men who had attacked the pair along with their boyfriends while they were spending some time in a park west of the Iranian capital in March 2005. source

Teenage Iranian Girl Hanged For Having Sex

It was exactly 6am and the start of another blisteringly hot summer day when 16-year-old Atefeh Rajabi was dragged from her prison cell and taken to be executed.

Atefeh's crime? Offending public morality. She was found guilty of "acts incompatible with chastity" by having sex with an unmarried man, even though friends say Atefeh was in such a fragile mental state that she wasn't in a position to say no.

source

This man represents pure evil indeed. That's no propaganda, that's the mere truth

Kinda hypocritical not? Accusing people of being brainwashed by the MSM while you yourself are quoting Iranian state propaganda.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vincent84
Also I like to think he is not such a bad guy we all thought/think he is. I hear a lot of good stories and news articles coming from Iran.

Yeah, like these, ...

Iran Protests Turn Deadly
Iran Protests Met with Beatings, Tear Gas as Green Movement Adopts New Methods
Nine Reported Killed in Iran Protests
Eight Killed in Iran Protests
Iran: Protests and Repression
Iran Sentences 5 to Death for Post-Election Protests - Nov 18, 2009
3 Iranians Tied to Election Protests Get Death Sentences - October 11, 2009
11 Iranian Protesters sentenced to Death - Jan 28, 2010
Here's an ATS thread about this latest execution of protesters, ...
Iranian Election Protesters Executed - ATS Thread

Well its just my view and I think everybody has a different view.

I bet the relatives and friends of those executed for protesting their government have a different view.

And from the OP's source article, ...

Many countries have, unsuccessfully, tried during the past years to become a superpower in the region but they failed as they play no role at the international equations,” said the president in an addres

Now we know why he keeps trying to make the headlines!

[edit on 1/30/2010 by Keyhole]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

I know bad things happened over there and I don't know who is to blame for the civil unrest and the deaths caused by it. I mean if I go protesting with a group and cause major unrest and staged vandalism I know there is a certain risk for a clash with police forces. I am not saying it is good to harm protesters but I am not sure the deaths caused by aggressive police forces.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Vincent84

You really don't want to see the truth. If you wouldn't be from Holland I would think you'd be an internet warrior sponsored by the Mullahs.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Well thanks for not thinking that.

Peace mate.

new topics

top topics

join