It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug could turn soldiers into super-survivors

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
reply to post by jephers0n

(It's 28 days by the way
) - B

Just in case you missed the SEQUEL

Originally posted by Cool Breeze
reply to post by jephers0n

This one gave me a giggle but the fact of the matter is that we have no idea how close a "zombie" is to being real. Just look at how rabis (sp?) affects animals... with a slight mutatution (naturally or by someone trying to mess with it on purpose) a person infected with rabis may become a mindless, aggressive animal.

Yes, Rabies is quite the vicious disease. However, I'm speaking more about the fact that this drug would apparently shut down certain bodily functions, in order to keep the soldier alive... What would happen in a healthy body, were this syrum to be injected (or passed along, a la bitey bitey)...

Clearly i'm speaking hypothetically, there, but you get it.

28 days / 28 weeks later, their 'rage virus' had some of the same properties as this one, initially, but they found that in some, it caused rabies-like effects in the subject's neural pathways (or some junk
it's been a while since I've seen those movies now hah)

[edit on 1-2-2010 by jephers0n]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
I thought Germany already figured this out in WWII.

It was called Meth.

Yo, atleast someone remembers something about history.

Kudos.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
This discovery seems kind of creepy. It appears that it is going against the natural order of things. When some succumbs to a mortal injury they die, and that is for a reason. In most cases the victim has suffered significant blood loss, has a severe brain injury, or loss of limbs. Therefore, even with this drug prolonging their survival it would leave the person that should have died practically incapacitated.

Personally, if I were mortally injured on the battle field and lost all limbs or holding my guts in my hands; I would rather succumb to my fate. Who wants to come back as a virtual vegetable? The body shuts down in extreme cases of trauma for a reason, because if the person survives it renders them virtually incapable of leading a normal life. They become a prisoner of their own bodies, or what is left of it.

Now, could this experimental drug work as a means to desensitize the the populace to the carnage and loss of life caused by war? Thus, making it easier for politicians to sell a war on the people, as they tout this super-drug. That is a question I have about this eureka moment in medical science. One other thing that wasn't in the article, that needs to be shown, who is funding this research? Is it the Department of Defense? Maybe we can dig around and find out?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join