It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My BTS quote project, I urge you all to participate!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
“Never waste a minute thinking about people you don’t like.” Dwight D. Eisenhower

“There is nothing that wastes the body like worry, and one who has any faith in God should be ashamed to worry about anything whatsoever.” – Gandhi

“Nothing is so aggravating than calmness.” – Gandhi

“If I had no sense of humour, I would long ago have committed suicide.” – Gandhi

“When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it….always.” – Gandhi

“Time flows away like the water in the river.” – Confucius

“Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.” – Confucius

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” – Winston Churchill

“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel

“I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.” – Albert Einstein

“Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.” – John Lennon

“There is nothing more dreadful than the habit of doubt. Doubt separates people. It is a poison that disintegrates friendships and breaks up pleasant relations. It is a thorn that irritates and hurts; it is a sword that kills.” – Buddha

“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” – Buddha

“Do not dwell in the past; do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.” – Buddha

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
"Åmör √încît Ömñîà"
Love Conquers All in Latin

"It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives."

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
An old Cherokee was teaching his grandchildren about life. He said to them, "A battle is raging inside me ... it is a terrible fight between two wolves. One wolf represents fear, anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego. The other stands for joy, peace, love, hope, sharing, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, friendship, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."
The old man fixed the children with a firm stare. "This same fight is going on inside you, and inside every other person, too."
They thought about it for a minute and then one child asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"
The old Cherokee replied: "The one you feed."

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny. – Lao-Tze

“If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.” – Anonymous

“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause and say, "Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.” – Martin Luther King

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”~
Eleanor Roosevelt

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"~Doris Von Flap

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
A bit long, but i still like this one.

"I read once, passingly, about a man named Shakespeare. I only read about him passingly, but I remember one thing he wrote that kind of moved me. He put it in the mouth of Hamlet, I think, it was, who said, "To be or not to be." He was in doubt about something. Whether it was nobler in the mind of man to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, moderation, or to take up arms against a sea of troubles and by opposing end them. And I go for that. If you take up arms, you'll end it, but if you sit around and wait for the one who's in power to make up his mind that he should end it, you'll be waiting a long time. And in my opinion, the young generation of whites, blacks, browns, whatever else there is, you're living at a time of extremism, a time of revolution, a time when there's got to be a change. People in power have misused it and now there has to be a change and a better world has to be built and the only way it's going to be built is with extreme methods. And I, for one, will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are, as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this earth. Thank you." – Malcolm X

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Twas a woman who led me down the road to drink, and I never wrote to thank her~WC Fields

Either way you go, if you make food an issue, food is going to be an issue.~ Me on what kids should eat

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

&

Things change, and are never the same again.~ Who Moved my cheese?

[edit on 2-3-2010 by nixie_nox]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Resentment is like taking poison, hoping the other person will die~ McCourt

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." – Gandhi

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." – Abraham Lincoln

"He that is of the opinion money will do everything may well be suspected of doing everything for money." – Benjamin Franklin

“A wise man changes his mind frequently, a fool never.”

“Hate is the drop of ink that clouds the water.”

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber.
~ Plato

The good die young - because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good
~ John Barrymore

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
~ Robert A. Heinlen

“The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was”
~ Walt West

“Technology is so much fun but we can drown in our technology. The fog of information can drive out knowledge.”
~ Daniel J. Boorstin

It is the framework which changes with each new technology and not just the picture within the frame.
~ Marshal Mcluhan

“The medium, or process, of our time - electric technology is reshaping and restructuring patterns of social interdependence and every aspect of our personal life. It is forcing us to reconsider and re-evaluate practically every thought, every action,”
~ Marshal Mcluhan

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.” – Marcus Aurelius

“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” – Buddha

"It is better to have people think you a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." – Mark Twain

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
“My old dreams were good dreams, they never came true...but I am glad that I had them.” – Clint Eastwood

"To be nobody-but-yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you somebody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting." – E.E Cummings

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." – Plato

“When the winds of change blow, some seek shelter, while others build windmills.”

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
All quotes by Banksy.

"You owe the companies nothing. You especially don't owe them any courtesy. They have re-arranged the world to put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission, don't even start asking for theirs."

"The greatest crimes in the world are not committed by people breaking the rules but by people following the rules. It's people who follow orders that drop bombs and massacre villages."

"The human race is an unfair and stupid competition. A lot of the runners don't even get decent sneakers or clean drinking water. Some people are born with a massive head start, every possible help along the way and still the referees seem to be on their side. It's not surprising some people have given up competing altogether and gone to sit in the grandstand, eat junk food and shout abuse. What we need in this race is a lot more streakers."

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
“Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” -Oscar Wilde

I love this quote - Oscar Wilde has some of the best there are, I always find new ones by him that I just have to share.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
"7=7" ~ Justin Richard Krog..February 27 2010

think about it.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

?? I don't get it, am I missing something? lol

“Politics is the conspiracy of the unproductive but organized against the productive but unorganized.”

I think that's going in my signature...

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Oh by the way, I wanted to add this link to my favorite website for quotes, it has a great search function which will find quotes based on anything you use as a search string.

thinkexist.com

Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
"7=7" ~ Justin Richard Krog..February 27 2010

Originally posted by highlyoriginal

?? I don't get it, am I missing something? lol

That was what Justin told me to explain the phrase "it is what it is", when we were discussing right and wrong..

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Gotcha. 7=7 is it what is it... can basically apply that phrase to everything in life.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join