It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My BTS quote project, I urge you all to participate!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Scars are souvenirs you never lose / The past is never far - goo goo dolls

Some words when spoken can't be taken back - Pearljam

Where'd all the good people go? I've been changin channels I dont see them on the tv shows. - Jack Johnson

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

"...It took me quiet a while to find out that the real deal is to be able to be enough of a person on your own to know when somebody loves you and cares about you.

...Its a big world out there; with enough pain and misery in it; without me going around and helping it out by hurting myself; and consequently, those that care about me.

What I am trying to get across to you; is please take care of yourselves and those that you love; because that is what we are hear for, that's all we got, and that is all we can take with us. Are you with me ?”
~ Stevie Ray Vaughan

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

I really like those quotes, especially the first one. Thank you all for sharing, keep 'em coming!

Right now I'm a bit disappointed with some things in life, specifically trusting others since I've been screwed over a lot lately...

“Follow your heart, but be quiet for a while first. Ask questions, then feel the answer. Learn to trust your heart.”

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Jazz is the folk music of the machine age
~Paul Whiteman
(Just listen to "Argue" by Darcy James Argue ~ MikeNice81)

“I'll play it first and tell you what it is later.”
~ Miles Davis

“Honesty is something you can't wear out”
~ Waylon Jennings

“Realize that when you get older, you either get senile or become gracious. There's no in-between. You become senile when you think the world short-changed you, or everybody wakes up to screw you. You become gracious when you realize that you have something the world needs, and people are happy to see you when you come into the room.”

“I'm laughing because I know the secret of life. And the secret of life is that I have validated my existence. I know that I am worth more than my house, my bank account, or any physical thing.”
~ Carlos Santana

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

“If once the people become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress and Assemblies, Judges and Governors, shall all become wolves. It seems to be the law of our general nature, in spite of individual exceptions.”
~ Thomas Jeferson

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms (of government) those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
~ Thomas Jefferson

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I don't know who to attribute this quote to, but I heard it in a Marriage and the Family university course back in the 70's, and never forgot it: "In an honest intimate fight there are either two winners or two losers".

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
"If you're going through hell, just keep going."
--- Winston Churchill

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

"No matter how hard you try sometimes the winds of life push you in a direction you'd rather not be going... the best thing you can do is embrace what's coming at you and hope for the best." -me

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Great thread idea. Here of two of my favourites:

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.”
- Dr. Seuss.

“Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him.”
- Friedrich Nietzsche

My all time favourite however, can be found in my sig.

Looking forward to reading later posts!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Now nobody get nervous, you ain't got nothing to fear. You're being robbed by the John Dillinger Gang, that's the best there is!

These few dollars you lose here today are going to buy you stories to tell your children and great-grandchildren. This could be one of the big moments in your life; don't make it your last!
~ John Dillinger

All of us should treasure his (John Dillinger) Oriental wisdom and his preaching of a Zen-like detachment, as exemplified by his constant reminder to clerks, tellers, or others who grew excited by his presence in their banks: "Just lie down on the floor and keep calm."
~ Robert Anton Wilson

For something a little less criminal.

I don't think about time. You're here when you're here. I think about today, staying in tune.

In my career, people in the record business have been rockin' in the same ol' boat. They all crooks - I'll say it clear and loud - especially the big ones.
~ John Lee Hooker

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
On the subject of Faith:

Organized Religion is for the weak minded.
Fmr. Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura

Blind Faith only leaves one unable to see the endless possibilities!
JaxonRoberts on ATS

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
On the subject of Faith:

Organized Religion is for the weak minded.
Fmr. Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura

Blind Faith only leaves one unable to see the endless possibilities!
JaxonRoberts on ATS

Good quotes, I've seen them before but I'm glad you brought them up I'm going to write them down now.

“Society exists only as a mental concept; in the real world there are only individuals.” -Oscar Wilde

“What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.” -Oscar Wilde

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Go, I say go away boy, you bother me
Foghorn Leghorn

I'd rather have my teeth pulled by a midget..
me

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

"Suppose there was an intelligence, vast and unknowable. Suppose it lit the big bang, suppose it wrote the laws of physics, and has been subtly moulding the universe for 14 billion years. Now keep a straight face and tell me that it cares where you stick your dick."

-Dr. Michio Kaku

Just read this one on an anti-gay rights/pro-Christianity thread...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
'Someone who never made a mistake ... never tried anything new'.

(Albert Einstein)

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

"Suppose there was an intelligence, vast and unknowable. Suppose it lit the big bang, suppose it wrote the laws of physics, and has been subtly moulding the universe for 14 billion years. Now keep a straight face and tell me that it cares where you stick your dick."

-Dr. Michio Kaku

Just read this one on an anti-gay rights/pro-Christianity thread...

If you wouldn't have said where you heard/read it from, I would have thought that you got the wrong person as the author of that quote... however I'm going to use that quote as a joke when I tell people, all I have to do is leave the part about it referring to gay rights etc... Because I think it's pretty hilarious if you look at it with an outside perspective.

Anyways..............

"You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space." -Johnny Cash

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Women more than men can strip war of its glamour and its out-of-date heroisms and patriotisms, and see it as a demon of destruction and hideous wrong.
Lillian Wald, reformer and peace activist, 1914

Never limit yourself because of others' limited imagination; never limit others because of your own limited imagination.
Mae Jemison, astronaut

These are two of my favs by women.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
Mohandas Ghandi

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
“If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will avoid one hundred days of sorrow.” – Chinese Proverb

“Play for more than you can afford to lose and you will learn the game.” – Winston Churchill

“If you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for anything.” – Malcolm X

"If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance."

I have many more which i will continue to post. Great thread!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
“Today I am fortunate to have woken up, I am alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others, to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings, I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others, I am going to benefit others as much as I can.” – Dalai Lama

“Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.” – Winston Churchill

“I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph. And there's purpose and worth to each and every life.” – Ronald Reagan

“It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.” – Emiliano Zapata

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join