It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My BTS quote project, I urge you all to participate!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
First off I want to say hello to BTS since I'm always on ATS, but I have a lot to offer these forums here as well and have neglected that fact but wish to change it.

I have made a very successful quote thread on another forum which I love and adore and I want to make it work here as well.

I made a podcast regarding this which can be found here

Basically I'm looking for any sort of quote that you wish to share, happy, sad, mad, humorous, inspirational etc... I will start it off, and since I always share 3 at a time, I will do so here as well but what the heck I'll add a bunch since I'm in a great mood right now.

I hope to turn this into a nice project and eventually turn the quotes into sub-categories which we can then read up on, also I wish to make this a sticky eventually so let's see if we can do it

You can't have a better tomorrow
If you are thinking about yesterday all the time.

The light is always at the end of the tunnel, but not if you walk through it with your eyes closed.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." ~Robert McCloskey

“I admire addicts. In a world where everybody is waiting for some bline, random disaster, or some sudden disease, the addict has the comfort of knowing what will most likely wait for him down the road. He's taken some control over his ultimate fate, and his addiction keeps the cause of death from being a total surprise.” ~Chuck Palahniuk

“Nostalgia is like a grammar lesson: You find the present tense and the past perfect”

“It's hard to be nostalgic when you can't remember anything.”

“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.”
-Oscar Wilde
[/quote

Good for now? By the way when quoting please try and give the name of the person you're quoting, if there is no name leave it blank or put unknown/anonymous.

I hope to see this thread grow and I hope to make some new BTS friends along the way. Have fun sharing your quotes!

[edit on 30-1-2010 by highlyoriginal]

[edit on 30-1-2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

I managed to find these ones that I hope you like.

I’m also looking forward to seeing what other people come up with.

Oh and really nice idea for a thread!

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. - Freya Stark

It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good too, to check up once in awhile and make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy. - George Horace Larimer

Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning. - Mahatma Gandhi

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Hi there!

One of my favorite quotes:

'For those who are not shocked when they first come across quantum theory cannot possibly have understood it.'

Niels Bohr 1971

another fav of mine is in my sig (not the bender one!....although that is awesome)

Good thread idea. I like it

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I really wasn't going to participate, .... however changed my mind upon your urging me to.

" I'll be damned, ain't this funny " Doc Holiday, on his deathbed.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I really like those, and thanks for everyone else for sharing so far. I hope to see more come around. I will try and update as much as possible, as of right now I have some things to get done today and I'll see if I can add some in a bit.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

"Why don't you make like a tree....and get out of here!"
-Quote from Back to the Future II, Biff.

Just wanted to add some humor.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

"It's always darkest before dawn."

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” -Jimi Hendrix

“To be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved.”
-George MacDonald

“Trust is like a vase.. once it's broken, though you can fix it the vase will never be same again.”

Love those quotes, common people where are your hearts at here? We need some more quotes!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
"I met this wonderful girl at Macy's. She was buying clothes and I was putting Slinkies on the escalator."
Steven Wright

"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
George Carlin

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
Mark Twain

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
"I met this wonderful girl at Macy's. She was buying clothes and I was putting Slinkies on the escalator."
Steven Wright

"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
George Carlin

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
Mark Twain

Nice quotes, in fact my other thread on the other website contains close to a thousand posts with multiple quotes per post, and I haven't seen any of those before, so thanks for sharing.

“Every man dies - Not every man really lives.”
-William Ross Wallace

"Judge people less on their mistakes than on how they handle their mistakes."

"To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance"
- Oscar Wilde

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
- Jimi Hendrix

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."
- Henry Ford

Ahh... so many good quotes
Where is everyone? Is BTS always this slow, or is my thread just not a popular one lol? I'm not used to not getting replies.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

“But in the end, science does not provide the answers most of us require. Its story of our origins and of our end is, to say the least, unsatisfactory. To the question, "How did it all begin?", science answers, "Probably by an accident." To the question, "How will it all end?", science answers, "Probably by an accident." And to many people, the accidental life is not worth living. Moreover, the science-god has no answer to the question, "Why are we here?" and, to the question, "What moral instructions do you give us?", the science-god maintains silence.”
Neil Postman

“Sometimes I lie awake at night, and ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.'”
Charles M. Schulz

“Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.”
Noam Chomsky

“I'm in favor of legalizing drugs. According to my values system, if people want to kill themselves, they have every right to do so. Most of the harm that comes from drugs is because they are illegal.”
Milton Friedman

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
"Truck? What truck?"
- Indiana Jones

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Dance like no one's wtching.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Pleasure can be supported by an illusion; but happiness rests upon truth.
-Sebastien-Roch Nicolas De Chamfort

"Birds of a feather flock together."

"He who waits for the sword to fall shall surely lose his head" - Stephen Donaldson

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

"War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over."
William Sherman

“In our Country . . . one class of men makes war and leaves another to fight it out.”
William Sherman

“Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”
George Carlin

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live”
George Carlin

“The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children all our lives.”
Albert Einstein

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I have two quotes I love! I have them both tattooed on me.

"Love from one side hurts, but love from two sides heals" ~ Shakespeare
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4329dd174d03.jpg[/atsimg]
This I have had for a year and I love it as well.

"Love sought is good, but given unsought is better"~ Shakespeare
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/522d46b3127d.jpg[/atsimg]
I just got this Saturday and this pic was taken right after it was done. I love it!

I am a hopeless romantic and I love Shakespeare and these quotes have always stayed in my mind because they are so true and I feel most people can relate to them. The first one is a random quote said by Shakespeare and the other is from "Twelfth Night."

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Very nice. I got some tattoos as well, no quotes as of yet the only words I have are "In loving Memory" for my best friend that died not too long ago, and the word "truth" on my wrist.

However I'm trying to get this tattooed on my forearm soon...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/859fa3c692d4.jpg[/atsimg]

OR

(my friend drew this one up for me "No Surrender")
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ac25182fcdb.jpg[/atsimg]

Both are Bone Thugs 'n Harmony sayings, the first picture I made up using photoshop using the actual Bone Thugs font, I'm excited to get one. I'll probably go with the first one unless my friend redesigns the one he drew up a little bit so it's easier to read, but nonetheless it looks really good.

I'll be back to add some quotes a little later.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."
Toulouse Lautrec- Moulin rouge
"Stop staring at me swan!"- Billy Madison - Billy Madison
"There's no place like home."-Dorthey Gail - The wizard of Oz

[edit on 2/9/2010 by concerned190]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Here's a couple for you, one is from my signature and the other is a little too risqué to put there:

"Wisdom knocks quietly, listen carefully"

and

"It's mine, I'll wash it as fast as I like"

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I don't know what they are but they smell like cornbread, they're brown and they live in my shoes.

An old wino

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

"Every person,all the events of your life are there because you have drawn them there. What you choose to do with them is up to you"
-Richard Bach

"Embrace this moment, remember: we are eternal, all this pain is an illusion."
-TOOL

"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you there are terrible temptations which require strength and courage to
yield to." -Oscar Wilde

Love these three. I got thousands more saved up to share, so common people, let's get this show [thread] on the road!

I'm liking everyones quotes they've shared so far, let's see some more!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join