It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Harvest the Organs of Death Row Inmates (Video Incl.)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
but...but...but....I thought the plan was to depopulate the world!

If one person can save at least twelve people with organ transplants, this would only be feasible if these twelve were of the elite. And that can't be so, because the elite have better genetics and should not be in need of so many transplants.

I suppose that there is money to be made and would help certain people keep their jobs. Let's see...counting administrative jobs, clerical, couriers, doctors, nurses, organ procurement organizations, insurance reps, pharmacies, hospitals, florists......figure at least an hours wages for about 80 people per organ.....I suppose it could help stimulate the economy for awhile.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

LadySkadi, while I see the point of this there are many things not considered.

I'll play Devil's Advocate a bit and you see what you think of my reply.

1) Diseases - Prisoner's while being well taken care of come across diseases many ways.

a. Either having STD's going in, getting them while in prison, or getting other various diseases through prison tattoos, fights, the list could go on forever, up to and including prisoners never reporting some things because of a fear of appearing weak.

2) Fear - Prisoners being fearful of the system itself, and that someone might off them for their organs, if they are not educated, or if they got into prison under what they might term as questionable circumstances.

3) A system of standards is lacking - There would need to be a system to regulate, if there is not already one, in order to make the lists fit the medical profiles.

4) Prisoner's desire to gain - These prisoners got there for usually stupid reasons through breaking some law, but as the prison system is often wont to do, the men and women within will want to use their lack of power to gain power.

a. Time off of their prison sentences for signing up.

b. Extra rights and or uses of many things from television to time at the weight rack.

c. Their records being expunged upon their deaths and their organs being harvested.

5) Black Market - This would as well increase and or decrease the populations of the prison's in their incarcerated black market, and make their organs higher value and could exponentially start and or stop murders from happening on the inside.

These are only a few things I'm seeing as wrong with this and I've not even gotten into the victims of those offenders rights, and how they might think, act, or feel about it.

There are family members who will think this is a great idea, both on the side of the victims, and as well the family members of those needing organs, not to mention the people needing those organs who might be highly offended at using a prisoners organs and if the medical system even tells them.

Insurance alone would lower but as well the insurance companies might balk at this because of the things I've mentioned, or any other things I've not pointed out.

Organ harvesting is often a controversial topic to begin with, but one of my current ex's and I had a knock down, drag out argument about my not being an organ donor, because of my religious beliefs in the way I was raised to understand the Rapture.

And I had not even covered religion about the prisoners.

Not in the sense of prisoners, but being a Security Officer at a hospital, I've actually seen organs harvested, mostly eyes and irises, and I have to say it's nasty business.

I can handle being around the bodies, I had to as it was a part of Security procedures, but never as well forget the people can fake their deaths, and prisoners might be just stupid enough to do that thinking they might use the opportunity to escape.

Am I saying it will succeed?

No.

Will they still be stupid enough to try it?

Yes.

Will it add more concern to an already troubled industry?

Most definitely.

[edit on 31-1-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Good questions and all in need of study (before answering)...
I'm going to leave that to the readers to do so and decide, for themselves.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Execution like war is a primitive and barbaric practice.

Plunging all who partake and condon it to the very level that the person executed stooped to.

I'm not saying to let a murderer go free but murder is murder no matter what you call it.

Nobody has the right to kill another human being.

Most people that will reply opposing my statement have never seen a death.

Statistics prove that executions do not curtail murderers.

Now, research Executions and organ transplants (big business/$$$$$) in China and now Africa.

Yep, If you are rich enough, you too can buy a body part - and not all accused of murder are guilty.

The following is graphic, watch at your own risk.

But, if you condon execution, war, abortion or any other type of state sanctioned murder, you should at least have the guts to watch.

And, in my humble opinion, if you come away feeling nothing, than possibly you are not totally human.

We have two members of our family that are lawyers. One works for the State and one worked as a top Criminal Attorney. Both have stated that if a person has enough money, they won't die by execution.

Only the poor and stupid sit on death row here in America.

The only countries other than America that still employ the death penality are the primitive, barbaric lands.

Again, I'm not saying to release a proven murderer lose, nor give him/her the life of riley. I am simply stating that none of us has the right to take the life of another.

Blast away, I remain steadfast on this issue.

Now, start researching China & Africa executions / organ selling..................there is big money in organ trafficing.

Since 1900 - 26 million people have been executed.

China last year executed 10,000 people.

Murder is murder period. I'm not even Christian and I can see how wrong this is on so many levels.

Executions resumed in 1977, and by the early 1990s nearly three thousand persons were under sentence of death and more than 180 had been executed.

Despite the Supreme Court's 1976 ruling in Gregg v. Georgia, the ACLU continues to oppose capital punishment on moral and practical, as well as on constitutional, grounds:

Capital punishment is cruel and unusual. It is a relic of the earliest days of penology, when slavery, branding, and other corporal punishments were commonplace. Like those other barbaric practices, executions have no place in a civilized society.

Opposition to the death penalty does not arise from misplaced sympathy for convicted murderers. On the contrary, murder demonstrates a lack of respect for human life. For this very reason, murder is abhorrent, and any policy of state-authorized killings is immoral.

Capital punishment denies due process of law. Its imposition is arbitrary and irrevocable. It forever deprives an individual of benefits of new evidence or new law that might warrant the reversal of a conviction or the setting aside of a death sentence.

The death penalty violates the constitutional guarantee of the equal protection of the laws. It is applied randomly at best and discriminatorily at worst. It is imposed disproportionately upon those whose victims are white, on offenders who are people of color, and on those who are themselves poor and uneducated.

The defects in death-penalty laws, conceded by the Supreme Court in the early 1970s, have not been appreciably altered by the shift from unfettered discretion to "guided discretion." These changes in death sentencing have proved to be largely cosmetic. They merely mask the impermissible arbitrariness of a process that results in an execution.

Executions give society the unmistakable message that human life no longer deserves respect when it is useful to take it and that homicide is legitimate when deemed justified by pragmatic concerns.

Reliance on the death penalty obscures the true causes of crime and distracts attention from the social measures that effectively contribute to its control. Politicians who preach the desirability of executions as a weapon of crime control deceive the public and mask their own failure to support anti-crime measures that will really work.

Capital punishment wastes resources. It squanders the time and energy of courts, prosecuting attorneys, defense counsel, juries, and courtroom and correctional personnel. It unduly burdens the system of criminal justice, and it is therefore counterproductive as an instrument for society's control of violent crime. It epitomizes the tragic inefficacy and brutality of the resort to violence rather than reason for the solution of difficult social problems.

A decent and humane society does not deliberately kill human beings. An execution is a dramatic, public spectacle of official, violent homicide that teaches the permissibility of killing people to solve social problems -- the worst possible example to s et for society. In this century, governments have too often attempted to justify their lethal fury by the benefits such killing would bring to the rest Or society. The bloodshed is real and deeply destructive of the common decency of the community; the benefits are illusory.

Source: users.rcn.com...

edit on 19-11-2010 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Lets avoid the whole organ donation by con's.

And move straight to stem cell research.

Way easier and I would think safer as well. Not to mention has more applications than this guy's idea.

But not likely going to happen.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
...would i have wanted a chance to have ted bundy's heart, john wayne gacy's liver, jeffrey dahmler's kidneys or timothy mcveighs eyes?... nope... never...

...my reasons have nothing to do with cellular memory or any other newager hocus pocus superstitious crap... my reasons are more in line with why i dont eat maggot infested meat - its so nasty that nothing can clean it up...

...but lets pretend its not ALL about me...

...should donor harvesting be an option for people on death row?... sure, as long as they get nothing for it except (possibly) peace of mind in knowing that they finally did something of value...

...i certainly believe transplant recepients have the right to know who their new organs came from BEFORE surgery, especially if the donor was on death row...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Do you have any idea how many people have been executed that later were found not guilty?

What if just one of those people had been your son, daughter, sister or brother?

Now, in the case of Aileen Wuornos - I am not saying she should have gone free, but who stood up for her rights when she was first raped and abused as a small child? Read her story.

Yes, she did murder, multiple times, she was a savage beast, however what drove her to that point?

www.prisonactivist.org...

Have you ever been raped and abused as a small child?

I have never met a mean baby, we all start out sweet and innocent. Then something called life changes some of us.

Unfortunately it does take a village to raise a child. No child should be left to the mercy of a cruel and warped upbringing.............but nobody cares until they grow up and become a "problem".

Nipping the problem in the bud, removing someone like Aileen Wuornos from her abusive family might have saved her and the men she killed.

Every single child out there has the right to have a decent and loving upbringing.

Murder and violence are the fault of a warped society that ignores the children that slip through the cracks until it is too late.

Again, I will never condon this one particular person's demented actions, but society ignored the plight of a small child being abused and when she became a tormented and mucked up adult then and only then did society address the issue by simply getting rid of her via state sanctioned murder.

How many children right at this moment are being sexually, physically and mentally abused and will later turn out tormented adults?

Reagan closed down 90% of the state run mental asylums in the 80's so most of our mentally challenged people are left to fend for themselves.

We put billions of dollars into the military war machine and almost nothing into social services.

Rich people do not die by execution..............George Bush indirectly is responsible for possibly nearing one million deaths by his many lies and deceptions - think he will ever be served justice?

Start researching who profits from organ harvesting, and I'm not talking about the recipients.

This is another ploy for the elite to harvest the poor man's organs and another way for big business to profit.

If you have enough money and the right connections, you don't have to wait for a heart, lung, kidney or any other body part.............it will become a lucrative business and we all know how capitalism works don't we.

Whoever has the most money calls the shots, now even to the point of taking ownership of our body parts.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I understand what you are saying, but consider this:

Was the point of the video something a little more deep?

Earlier in the thread, I posted this:
*Not surprised that the video made you uncomfortable. That was the point in the making of it. To consider the idea of harvesting organs from death row inmates would also mean that one must consider the concept of death row, as well.

But being creeped out is the price of living in a society that kills its criminals. If organ harvesting would make executions uncomfortably like human sacrifice, perhaps that’s because our death chambers are already gory enough to make anyone but a Mayan high priest pale.

I think that's what the makers of the video had in mind. The larger picture.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Then a star for your opening post - it did it's job and really got me upset.

Second line.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Appreciate the information and depth you added to the thread!

It's been awhile since I put this thread up and had forgotten about it.
However, the debate should continue, there are too many holes in
the current system, as is. It should not be forgotten...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
If death-row organ harvesting were to be allowed, my concern would be what happens when there aren't enough livers left on death row? What will be the next crime to be designated as eligible for a death sentence? Speaking your mind? Spitting on the floor? There will be money made on this practice even if the inmates have to donate their organs. Where there are desperate people with money, there is corruption. Where there is corruption, there is abuse. Best not to unlock the door in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Montana

Short, sweet, to the point and very insightful.

Wish I could give you more than one puny star.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

There are already people bieng framed on death row,with a profit bieng involved you would only see a rise.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join