It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Ogle Conspiracy - 100+MPG?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I was at a poker game the other night with a bunch of mechanics and auto salesmen. They started talking about MPG and how a combustion system was once in existence that could provide over 100+ mpg.

They said they knew a guy personally one town over who had this particular combustion system and the government found out about it and forced him to remove it. It sounded like a real "or else" situation from the story. I don't know much more about that particular story, but I decided to do a little research about 100 MPG cars.

Tom Ogle created a combustion system that vaporized the fuel. He drove from El Paso to Deming on two gallons of gas - allegedly.

Here is a link to a website with a bunch of collected news articles on Tom Ogle and his famous drive:

www.rexresearch.com...

With all the hype about global warming and fuel efficient cars, I find this particular conspiracy interesting. It's either a conspiracy against Tom Ogle, or Tom Ogle created the conspiracy himself. Either way, it's something to think about when the government shoves energy efficient light bulbs and Prius' down everyone's throats.

A particularly interesting fact is Tom Ogle's working partner died in a freak accident. Apparently a car fell of the car jack and killed him. His working partner was one of the few who understood the invention and mechanics behind it. After that happened, Tom Ogle boarded up his shop and disappeared.

Four years after his partner's death, Tom Ogle died. It was ruled a suicide, however, people who knew him said he was scared people were going to poision him and try to kill him. He died of an overdose of alcohol and Darvon. Naturally, people close to him say that he would never kill himself and this is clearly a conspiracy from oil companies and the like to prevent any type of significant fuel efficiency.

www.helium.com...

There is a book called "Secrets of the 200 MPG Carburetor" by Allan Wallace.

Here is another link to an automotive forum discussing the issue. They have some interesting stories and suspicions as well. Reading through the forum people have read things where the company that bought out Tom Ogle's design claimed it "didn't work".

I do not understand cars or the mechanics behind them, but I think the story is an interesting read. Especially considering the green phase we're currently in where everything must be clean and good for the environment. I'm not knocking the idea, I'm just saying that it's interesting to read on these car conspiracies taking into account the social media's mindset of having things be "green" all the time.

www.automotiveforums.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
For what it is worth:

In the mid eighties I dated a metallurgist who worked on an engine modification. The company he worked for tried it out on one of the big V-8 gas guzzlers and got around 50 MPG.

So yes I would not be surprised that this actually happened. The vaporization of gas to an extremely small particle size is the exact same thing the gizmo my boyfriend worked on did.

Hope that helps.

Oh yes, the invention was buried per usual.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The Honda GX-35 4-stroke carburretted gasoline engine gets 128 mpg when used to power motorized bicycles. I know this for a fact, because I test ride them on a measured course. Unlike electric bikes, gasoline bikes can be refueled instantly almost anywhere, making range of travel unlimited.

A fuel injected GX-35 used on Shell mileage challenge cars gets 2,843 mpg.

Conventional physics determines payload, speed, and range of vehicles. Smaller engine, lower speed, less frontal area, less weight equals greater mpg.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I just wish in our socity that bicycles were more of a common travel means. We could ride to work on bike trails, gain better health and burn literally no gasoline in the process. I used to race bicycles and could ride 50 miles on a sandwich and a few water bottles. I would have had the sandwich anyway if I had driven the 50 miles. I think I ate less as a skinny bike rider than as a larger middle-aged adult now.

The Chinese used to cycle to work in the cities and fill roads with riders. Now, everyone there is moving to vehicles making for smog, danger for those who still ride and generally more congestion overall.

Other than telecommuting, bicycling (if we allowed for it) would be a great solution to a small percentage of our energy "crisis". Look up and if you can - donate to the Rails to Trails organizations which transform old rail lines to paved bicycle trails.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This is mind blowing for me I don't know why more people haven't payed attention to this conspiracy. I have always distrusted cars and like the post above mine I try to bike everywhere. Cars, while they are effective at transporting you from place to place, they also suppress your spirit by making transportation easy and weaken your mind and body with laziness. I've been trying to come up with a conspiracy involving cars for some time now and finally I found one.

So clearly the government wants the people paying more money than necessary for gas. The question is why...

With everyone on low mpg vehicles, the demand for oil will stay up, and the oil companies will stay in business. This either points to a conspiracy regarding the oil companies' involvement in government decisions, or the government using oil drilling as a method for exploiting foreign countries.

The tough part about coming up with a conspiracy about cars is no one person or organization controls the development of cars, and cars have been around for so long that it is almost impossible to pinpoint when and where a conspiracy could have started. I wonder whether cars were a conspiracy to make people weaker since the very beginning, or if cars have only recently become a conspiracy to control the mind and body of citizens.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Wang Tang

you should look into how goodyear or firestone and big oil combined to buy railroad, train service and let it go to crap so that vehicles,, aka tire sales became the norm

someone was convicted,, a ceo,,, but he only had to pay a dollar fine

it's no conspiracy, it;s fact

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Ok, probably a little off topic, but I remember the diesel variant of the rover montego being good for 65 mpg. Ever since then, the mpg has gone down. It seems ridiculous that a 20 odd year old car has better mileage than those made now.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: shortywarn

Not only is it fact, the legal system said "we will support this unfair decision". The courts did not do their job. I wonder how much everyone involved with this court decision was paid?

But this was before the JFK murder so the public trusted the stories the media and govt spun.

new topics

top topics

join