It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacker breaks into 49 House sites, insults Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Hacker breaks into 49 House sites, insults Obama Read more at the Washington Examiner: www.washingtonexaminer.com... CfTHW

www .washingtonexaminer.com

WASHINGTON — A hacker broke into 49 House Web sites of both political parties to post a crude attack on President Barack Obama after his State of the Union address.

Jeff Ventura, spokesman for the House chief administrative officer, said the sites were managed by a private vendor — GovTrends of Alexandria, Va.

Most House Web sites are managed totally by House technicians but individual offices are permitted to contract with a third party to manage new features and updates.

Ventura says GovTrends let its guard down while performing an update, allowing the hacker to penetrate site
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit - To Remove Broken Link And Excess Material From The Thread Title.

[edit on Thu, 28 Jan 2010 13:47:26 -0600 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think it should be quite a blow to Mr. Obama's public image. I am amazed that it is not more widely reported in the more major news feeds. Nevertheless, I think this is an interesting story, and it would interesting to follow and see the response from the White House correspondents. Perhaps even be able to find out the what the exact nature of the insults was would be interesting to know.

www .washingtonexaminer.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
No thier plan is to tighten the noose of free speech on the intrawebz so they are going to start mass reporting these and other cases that seem real bad to people in hopes in getting support to cencor the intrawebz..

Although, I don't even know why they get support for then cause everything else they have done is do it anyway regardless of public support. Anyway...

In a few yrs we will think back and say.. "Remember back in the day when we used to go hang on ATS and talk about CT crap with a bunch of other crazy people like ourselves.." "Those were the days we lived in, today is today and tomorrow will be nothing like yesterday."

Anyway whatever as long as we fight the good fight supposedly good usually prevails over bad but i have yet to see that..

[edit on 1/28/2010 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I can't read your link right now, I'm not on my own computer.

I wouldn't hold my breath about the White House really publizing the insults....my guess is they'll want to keep it as quiet as possible. But I, too, would love to know what the hacker said.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Upon further search on the internet I have found the following report with a bit more information.

At this stage most of the websites have a similar report from the news wires.

Also have a look at:
Hackers post crude Obama-remarks on House sites

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Probably al-CIA da doing a job for the large telecoms that want to control the internet and end net freedom. Propaganda false flag.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Hmmmmm. Wouldn't it be nice to see if hacker got any documents to leak? Why would they break into the system and not look around? I think we will see some more leaked documents like the IPCC e-mails.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
finally a president who is not a part of the corrupt factions that terrorize our world suddenly has hackers and intruders penetratiing the white house more oftten than any time before, maybe even for the first time. coincidence? i dont think so.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
In the old days we would sneak out late at night and scrawl graffiti on the walls near the Senate saying bad things about Caesar.

This is the modern day equivalent of political graffiti.

The Web is the modern day walls of the Senate.

It’s nice to see after all these centuries the people of Rome have still not lost their spirit!

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hold on here...I cry foul

Since when did Rush fans learn how to use a computer?

very suspicious, not one to believe in conspiracys very much, but something smells off here...apes cant hack.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The Government doesn't want to spread news that makes them look bad, or weak. Site defacing does little to nothing for change.

Should have backdoored the sites and waited for some juicy information to release.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by SeeingBlue]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

See, I think of Rush fans as being akin to idiot-savant's. They know every note of the song YYZ which is no mean feat. Computer code is right up their alley. Tying their own shoelaces might be different.

Which brings me to another point: Why do hackers never, ever, ever do anything useful? They either foock shoot up for no good reason or they do nothing.

Anyhow.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwiffler
reply to post by SaturnFX

See, I think of Rush fans as being akin to idiot-savant's. They know every note of the song YYZ which is no mean feat. Computer code is right up their alley. Tying their own shoelaces might be different.

Which brings me to another point: Why do hackers never, ever, ever do anything useful? They either foock shoot up for no good reason or they do nothing.

Anyhow.

I wouldn't say never, it works like this. The hackers you wish to hear of don't get caught and don't leave a trace so you never hear about them. It's the idiots you hear about.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I agree that this sounds like false flag propaganda. Warn the nation of the terrorists on the net, and the nation will fall behind for fear of the unknown. Then... we lose the net as we know it.

I just don't trust this.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I hate Hackers, thieving little Momma's Boys. I don't like Obama or the current Congress. What a dilemma.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I hate Hackers, thieving little Momma's Boys. I don't like Obama or the current Congress. What a dilemma.

It's hard to know who to root for when two of your worst enemies slug it out. I always try to side with the least powerful one, just incase they win.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Sorry dude your wrong. Hackers are what brought you most of the things we have today computer wise and so on..

To say you hate hackers might as well throw that PC away.. They do nothing but hack the system to give more pwr to something say memory, video, and so on..

Also there is a thing called White Hackers and Black Hackers... You should look it up sometime..

Just cause 1 idiot screws it up for the bunch dont mean they all are bad..

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Hold on here...I cry foul

Since when did Rush fans learn how to use a computer

I'm a Rush-fan. You tell me. And I'm at work typing this through my iPhone. =P

Seriously. I'm thinking that this hacking incident is a sign that pretty soon there is going to be a major terrorist attack against the US. One that's going to make the Detroit bombing-attempt incident look like a cake walk.

Reason I say this is from what I remember, if I'm not mistaken; isn't a cyberterrorism attack a prelude to an actual physical terrorist attack right afterward?

Because on the day (or I think it was less than a week prior) right before the recent conflict started between Russia and Georgia. (I don't recall off the bat if it was Georgia or Russia who started it. Maybe someone here can fill in the blank for me). There was a cyber-terrorist attack on the official website of the Georgian Parliament. Whereas it was defaced with photos of Adolf Hitler replacing those of President Saakashvili.

Also--correct me if I'm wrong--but wasn't there also cyberterrorist attacks against US government computers a couple days or so before 9-11? I don't recall precisely if there were but I do remember there was some anti-government sentiment floating around on the Internet being posted by a lot of Iranians at that time. True?

top topics

join