It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Apocalypse talk has gone over the edge!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Alright, I have officially seen enough!!

Interesting glove. I am having David Bowie flashbacks and I don't like it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0e44c6e384e2.jpg[/atsimg]

American designer Rick Owens continued to plumb the depths of the dark side Friday, with a fall-winter 2010-2011 menswear collection of gender-bending, space age-y designs ready for the apocalypse.

Androgynous models with enviable cheekbones skulked down the catwalk in bulky, tie-waisted trenches in lacquered microfiber or wrinkly microfiber with stiff, standup necklines and drop-crotched harem pants. Some wore ribbed turtlenecks with knee-length flaps in the front and back, while others sported leather tank tops that left their backs bare.

news.yahoo.com...

Apocalypse inspired clothing?? We have gone way to far. Wearing this will certainly make you the first victim on your street. Ha Ha Ha

We all know that during the apocalypse we will actually be skinning our neighbors to make fancy new coats.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
We all know that during the apocalypse we will actually be skinning our neighbors to make fancy new coats.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by jibeho]

I already have the sewing pattern for a nice scarf made out of the faces of babies...just not sure where I am going to get the spleen of a virgin for the belt...considering...well, you know how hard it is to find a virgin now adays.

-snickers-

apocolypse clothing = whatever you had on 2 minutes before it started...from a suit, to beach shorts, to a pair of jeans...mixed with lots of dirt, blood, and some fecal matter (I think its forgivable to crap your pants upon seeing the 4 horsemen riding across the land leaving a wake of destruction.)

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

There is nothing new in that story , just another Shmoe trying to make a Buck . As for what the Real Apocalypse Clothing might look like , I would hazard to guess it would be mostly made up of Natural Materials . Say , Squirrel , Cat , Dog , Possum , Racoon Furs , and Cow Hides . As for the the Styling , I will just have to leave that up to someone elses Imagination ........

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Masterful

Gets my vote for post of the week !

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
If you want to see what post-apocalypse clothing is really going to look like, I could point you to the guy panhandling down by the liquor store. It ain't purty, but it's apparently it's warm enough to get by with when the going gets tough.

Who'd ever think that'd be the look fashion designers would want to go for?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
There is a whole series of Apocalypse movies too. My fav is Tank Girl. MadMax Thunderdome is a classic. Waterworld is grand!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Fashion, like a lot of so-called art, is a one-upmanship game full of smoke and mirrors.

The model (asexual I think) looks like a concentration camp victim.

As for the clothes, please do me a favour and get a real job (if you can find one).

Fashion is certainly not about clothing real people.

Time for positivity!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
What a load of garbage that design is. I am quite willing to bet that nobody connected with that getup in any way has ever had to scrounge for food in a dumpster, never mind get their hands dirty in other ways.

Gerald Celente, Trends Research Institute head and prognosticator par excellence, predicts that "elegance" will be a major trend as global economies continue to decline. (No link for you; I read it a week or two ago...do your own googling if interested). I think his basic reasoning on this one is sound: as times get harder, people will seek to escape into fantasy. People will ALREADY FEEL gritty and grungy, and won't want clothing or designs that make them feel more depressed and downheartened. Instead, in all sorts of design, look for cheery, cutsey, colorful, and exuberant escapist themes. The same is probably true for movies (*cough* cough* AVATAR *cough*), books, and other forms of content. People will flee the "thrill of the thuggish" (as I believe Celante put it) for warmer shores.

[edit on 1/28/10 by silent thunder]

top topics

join