It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Hebrew Biblical text Deciphered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

'It indicates that the kingdom of Israel already existed in the 10th century BCE, and that at least some of the biblical texts were written hundreds of years before the dates presented in current research.'

www.eurekalert.org...

So it would seem new archeological findings seem to indicate that some verses of the bible and the Kingdom of Israel itself is older then previously thought. These writings are also the oldest bit of Hebrew text ever found.

"The inscription itself, which was written in ink on a 15 cm X 16.5 cm trapezoid pottery shard, was discovered a year and a half ago at excavations that were carried out by Prof. Yosef Garfinkel at Khirbet Qeiyafa near the Elah valley. The inscription was dated back to the 10th century BCE, which was the period of King David's reign, but the question of the language used in this inscription remained unanswered, making it impossible to prove whether it was in fact Hebrew or another local language."

The inscription testifies to the presence of strangers within the Israeli society as far back as this ancient period, and calls to provide support for these strangers.

The text talks of helpless "strangers" in the Israeli Kingdom, and calls to help them. Just who were these strangers and why were they so noteworthy, I mean there is no mention whenever other refugees entered lands at that time. Although not much is told on them specifically I think from the text it would seem they were not of the same religion and didn't know of God as they felt the need to Introduce them to their religion.

Now there were many Civilizations at that time, however the Kingdom of Israel was fairly big and the fact that these "strangers" were even mentioned would indicate there was a fairly bigger number of them then simply the usual. So I was just wondering what tribe or civilization could it have been that never heard of the Judaic Religion?

The main civilizations at the time that would have been far enough to not hear of the Kingdom of Israel and their religion yet close enough to make the journey are scarce. The civilizations that fell in that time leaving their people homeless are fewer still, though far more likely to be exiles rather then a fallen nation it still leaves room for speculation in my mind.

It reminded me of a verse: "And he gathered all Judah and Benjamin, and the strangers with them out of Ephraim and Manasseh, and out of Simeon: for they fell to him out of Israel in abundance, when they saw that the LORD his God was with him."

But in any case the deciphering of these texts show similarities to what would later become Isaiah 1:17, Psalms 72:3, Exodus 23:3, and others, and shows that Israeli Kingdom was already well established in 10BC contrary to first thought.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Occy Anonymous]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I think you should have titled the post topic a bit different.

But I am glad to see this up on the boards... I read this a few days ago under Yahoo news. below is the link:
news.yahoo.com...

I've have issues with dating , but take it as you will.
I will have to learn where the book of Job dates (the oldest know book of the bible) so I can gauge the age of this new find.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Maybe in the form of a town, very small area, some things predate the Israelits tribes like the canianites that were present there in large numbers. It was later that the israelits expanded. A group can write , it does not show for a fact that the group accounts for more than a few thoulsands in numbers. I can also go to foreign lands alone and write something on paper and then in the future my paper would be discovered and people would think that I along with all my kind where there in large numbers.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sippy Cup

Hahaha well there's still time, I'm not very imaginative so any suggestions would be appreciated for a new title... Ah thank you if you can find dates from other sources.

PEPSI: Oh no, I never suggested it was in the thousand sir, but to write it clearly indicates a number of more then the usual dozen. Also their appearance was found noteworthy enough to get in their sacred book (possibly) but the strangers thing was my own speculation the main point was about the age of the civilization itself.

Yes, I am quite sure you could but the text was written in Hebrew, I do not see how these "strangers" could have learnt it so fast. But gratitude for injecting realism, I often get carried away

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Sure you could, and that brings up a thought... let’s just say that since the angels were made before man, mainly Satan. Now in the book of John it says that the word was and is and always will be from the begging of time till the end of time. So knowing the truth the ole Satan decided on a misinformation tactic? Just as you hinted to....(lets us mexicans) now you decide to write something about the Mexicans assuming you know Spanish, to cause conflict many years later.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Sippy Cup]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I honestly believe we will never find the exact dates of any book in the bible. I'm sure many scrolls were copies of copies. So lets say a scribe wrote something in 13 bc than that work was later made into a copy in 8 bc our findings of that result would obviously be around 8 bc rather than 13 bc. Humans will never understand the ancients no matter how much "we" claim we know. were really not all that smart

sorry wrote it AD era like at first lol

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Jordan River]

new topics

top topics

join