It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 Year old boy has Time Machine plan that works

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
you go for it marty mcfly!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Since the beam of light is old and the light beam is what is creating the effect, you will be able to go back to when that beam of light was first made.

Is he talking about travelling physically to the point of where the beam of light was first made too? because that would be the centre of a star which would be a bad idea...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
come on, no kidding?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
I'm not doubting his claims

In fact, you should:

Then move all these magnets toward the plastic magnet so it will compress it on all sides so it will become smaller than it’s Schwarzschild radius

Regardless of all other pseudo-science parlance in his piece, this one is just outstanding. Even if someone really wanted to accomplish that, it's just plain impossible (again, I'm leaving aside more arcane stuff, and only consider "magnetic compression").

Take a cup of water and use any means available to you to compress it "only a little", let's say to 1/3 of its original size. Please let me know how that worked out.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Yah. Liquids and solids can be put under pressure, but they cannot be compressed. At least not with normal forces.

In any case, assuming the magnets surrounding the central magnet, as per the OP, did in fact have magnetic fields strong enough to do such a thing, they still must be both supported and pushed inward. Using magnets to try and mess around with Einstein/Hawking physics does not let you ignore Newtonian physics.

Even so, assuming you had a support structure capable of handling the job(say a scaffold arrangement wrapped in a stasis field, if I may pinch an idea from Niven)...at some point before the material of the center magnet "becomes smaller than it's Schwarzschild Radius," it will undergo a change in nature as the electrons in it's atoms are forced into the protons in the nuclei, whereupon they will merge and their charges will cancel out, leaving nothing but neutrons. Neutrons are heavy, as sub-atomic particles go, but they have no electrical charge, so they can sit all crowded together in one incredibly dense lump. This is called degenerate matter, or Neutronium, and it is what Neutron Stars are made of. The important thing here is that this fictional central magnet, now compressed to degenerate matter but not yet a black hole, still has a surface gravity of several million Gs.

I could go on, but do I really need to?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ukweathergeek
you go for it marty mcfly!

Yeah, tell him to put it in a DeLorean .
Lets see, do we want to go back in time or forward in time???
--------------
If we go back in time, do we stop the JFK assassination?
As we change history, where do we start? Where do we stop?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
space/time continuum cannot be broken , its seriously technicaly impossible.
We can travel only in one direction , in matter of time/space displacement.

Most people forget about the rule number one in the space/time continuum : physical persistence.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousVan

So certain are you.
----------
I think it can be done.
- The Philadelphia Experiment -

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I have only made it to page 8 of the thread so far, (gonna finish though
) but I just had to add that:

In reference to the initial design in the OP. In order to use any magnet to create force you must counter that force with resistance. Newtons laws of motion have been proven to be inviolate. The whole "equal and opposite reaction" thing has been the target of experiments for a long, long time. But it still stands as "law". A ring of super powerful magnets strong enough to make anything condense into a singularity would have be surrounded with a ring of force capable of resisting that pressure. The proximity of those forces together would create a singularity itself before the experiment could even begin. And anything shot at, projected at, or in close proximity to a black hole would be added to its infinitely dense singularity. Not cause it to become a cosmic doughnut that things could travel through.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Time travel is the ultimate tech a civilization/species can acquire. Imagine what you can do once you get it. You can insert yourself in any point in the past or future of your species or another's with dramatical consequences. This would require certain cosmic ethics. I think we are far from that point.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Fraam

Time travel is the ultimate tech a civilization/species can acquire. Imagine what you can do once you get it. You can insert yourself in any point in the past or future of your species or another's with dramatical consequences. This would require certain cosmic ethics. I think we are far from that point.

Sadly , its not possible

Travelling back in time, lets say, before your birth would cancel your existence in the moment you move backward in time,erasing you from the present , automaticaly make you cease to exist, because,before your own birth, you didnt existed

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

The Philadelphia Experimen was an experiment attempting to render a warship invisible , using the unified field theory, it have nothing to see with time travel , and the theory about the Philadelphia traveling in time is totaly BS

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I really want to call falsehood on the thread's title. The machine doesn't work, period, it has never been created.

The silliness of the "plan" has been addressed in this thread already, but come on, the title is just plain false.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
wow. Lets travel back to the future and see what happens. Just imagen.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
pseudo physics taken out of context and manipulated by the layman always makes me giggle

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Take a cup of water and use any means available to you to compress it "only a little", let's say to 1/3 of its original size. Please let me know how that worked out.

Well if you get a couple of solar masses of iron pressing down you could get to Fermi degeneracy.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gentill Abdulla hello Gentill Abdulla i know you want to make a time machine and me too and my plan is that we create a spaceship that can travel at the speed of light and then it will travel through a wormhole and our 1 hour cold be 2 years spent on earth as the spacetime of the other universe will change at the speed of light for that we will get a pressure camper in which fission energy will release. i have got a formula please contact me.

My real name is [snip]. Im 11 years in present 2015 . Im from India Kanpur my email adress is [snip]

edit on 12.25.2015 by Zarniwoop because: removed personal info

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join