It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for paranormal cases in Louisiana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I'm starting a new research project and I'm looking for paranormal cases in Louisiana. Anything from haunted houses, possessions, poltergeist activity, etc....

Any assistance would be invaluable.

We just started an ongoing investigation in my home, but I'm still looking for other cases within a few hundred miles of New Orleans.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The Myrtles Plantation

I know this place was investigated by ghost hunters, but that never means that you could find something interesting. I posted the website about it, and basically explains the past of the plantation, and important time line dates when things occurred. Hope you find this pretty interesting.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I've actually been to the Myrtles, we stayed there during hurricane Gustav. It made for quite an interesting trip. My wife was wondering whi I was packing cameras rather than photo albums. Alas nothing but personal experiences though.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I live in northern LA (Leesville), and there seems to be little to no paranormal activity here. I'm sure there are UFO, bigfoot, ghost sightings, but they must never get reported.

But I thought New Orleans was a hotspot for the unknown.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The Municipal Complex in Shreveport (Downtown) is reported to be haunted. Some show was done on it very reciently. Gohst Hunters or Ghost Lab or something. It came on the Discovery Chanel.

MesOnTheFED!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
The Municipal Complex in Shreveport (Downtown) is reported to be haunted. Some show was done on it very reciently. Gohst Hunters or Ghost Lab or something. It came on the Discovery Chanel.

MesOnTheFED!

Hmm, didn't know about that. Might have to make a trip up there.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I have a small group here in Mandeville/I just say Nawlins cause most folks don't know mandeville, but if your interested in pursuing some of these places let me know.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
theshadowlands.net...

Here's a list of sights but I'm looking for people with more personal experiences.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I live in LA and go to UL in Lafayette, LA. There are supposedly a few dorms on campus that are haunted. Both of them are girls' dorms. One of them is haunted by a girl who was decapitated by the elevator in the 30s. Supposedly she's a 'friendly' ghost and if you lose something she likes to place it somewhere you can find it easily. Supposedly you can feel her presence when you walk past the elevator. Another girls' dorm has a room on the first floor that has been bricked off from the inside. It's really creepy. Apparently a girl lived in that room by herself and got really depressed and killed herself. The next girl who lived in that room supposedly heard voices and killed herself too. After that, they closed off the room. I've heard that people who lived above that room used to hear strange sounds and their tv would do weird things. The dorms at UL are very old and creepy, to say the least. I lived in one of them my freshman year and always felt really strange.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by diccolo

I lived in Leesville Louisiana more than thirty years ago and I am still troubled over a house that we lived in, in Leesville on East Port Arthur Blvd. Just Goggled the place and the street name has changed and the house has been replaced by a tiny strip of stores, but the house from across the street is still there thus I could id the spot to exact. This house had "feelings" and everyone had a comment about it...baby sitters never would come back (and it wasn't because of my children!) and complained of "happenings". I wish for someone to contact me about the history of this house (before I moved into it) of the era of 1900s or earlier. I have many stories of this haunted dwelling, but I need to know "the why of it". Was it an old slave dwelling with tormented souls?...An old funeral home that moved and left some souls behide? An old school or church with a troubled past and souls of children crying out?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by diccolo

I laugh every time I see this stated comment of yours stating no paranormal activity in Leesville Louisana...I have had many paranormal activity exposed to me awhile living there more than thirty years ago for several years and am STILL haunted by my what I had to live thru.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

Nicholas Cage has a pyramid in a cemetary in New Orleans. A sensitive friend of mine found out about it by a serious of dreams. One of the local cemetary thieves.....errrr guides......said he shows up occasionally with a wand doing some sort of ritual.

He also had a house repossessed in New Orleans that is haunted. The same lady was walking by it when she became very frightened by some sort of entity.

Rich

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by KATHYFIDDLER

Hi, I saw your reply to my post in another thread. The house I lived in was on Midkiff Loop, in Leesville, LA from winter 1985 through summer 1987. So I guess it must be a different house than the one you lived in. I also am wondering about the history of the house I lived in. I looked on facebook and found a friend who also lived on that road (and whose family owned the house) but she hasn't been on to find my message yet. I'd love to ask her if she ever heard about that house being haunted.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DrJay1975

some time ago you mentioned this: //Originally posted by DrJay1975
I've spoken to several voodoo practitioners over the years here in New Orleans. I have a high degree of familliarity with them. I've spoken to queen Bianca and Mambo Sallie Ann Glassman. They contradict your claim of Katrina and the oil spill being caused by voodoo.

I also recently spoke to Bloody Mary Millan about your claim. She also says it is false.

If you are indeed a voodoo practitioner then you probably know who these women are. Mary Millan would like to speak to you regarding your claim.

It's always a good thing to know what your talking about and to tell the truth especially in these types of matters//

Interesting enough i have been searching for months and extensive research, Yet the only one of the people who are most powerful Voodoo practitioners is the one I cannot locate, no paper trail,. no contacts, no body in new orleans is willing to talk or admits to knowing this person and that is this elusive Queen Bianca.

Yet you mentioned you spoke with her?
Can you put me in contact with her? i have a request and only she can perform from what i gathered in my research

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I've also been looking for cases in Louisiana for our group, The Old Number 7 Society. Something near the Lake Charles area.

www.facebook.com/o7society

edit on 20-7-2015 by tacticalghost because: (no reason given)

top topics

join