It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunspot 1040 and the Haitian Earthquake

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+96 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The point of this thread is to present to you an observation I made right after the Haitian quake on Jan. 12. I'm making no scientific claims, and I've done no scientific calculations or any extensive research, hence my inclusion of this discussion in the 'Skunk Works' forum. I am proposing however, that there is some sort of meaningful relationship between Sunspot 1040 and the Haitian earthquake.

Here's what I noticed - Sunspot 1040 was not only precisely facing Earth directly at the moment of the Haitian quake, it actually morphed into a shape similar to the Caribbean island chain just before the catastrophe occurred. And the epicenter was located just south-west of an area known as Cite Soleil, or 'Sun City,' probably the most impoverished and densely populated area in the Northern Hemisphere.

After any 'natural' event, I always check the state of the Sun - mainly out of curiosity, and partially out of habit. I suppose I do this because I know the Sun is crucial to our existence on this planet, not only because it holds our planet in place and provides light, heat, etc, but it also affects our human experience on a deep conscious level. It is the very key to our existence. Some believe the Sun has its own unique consciousness, and our collective human consciousness is its spawn and that we're intimately tied to it on all levels. If this is true, perhaps the Sun has been (and still is) attempting to establish some communication between us and it. Considering its erratic behavior of late, what if it's simply reflecting our own erratic behavior as a planetary presence? Could the relationship between Sun and Earth be even more symbiotic than previously thought? I think it could be, take this example of 4 sunspots forming a straight line from last year...what was being said there?

Caribbean Map:[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/35d526325e50.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/82cf67b0af4f.jpg[/atsimg]

Sunspot 1040 on the January 12, 2010:[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7d483b68ab9.jpg[/atsimg]

Comparison of the sunspot and map:[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a269d617533e.jpg[/atsimg]

It's not an exact match obviously, however the similarities were noticeable enough to catch my attention. I think he can all agree it certainly does not resemble anything else immediately recognizable. However what does correlate between the two even better are the exact centers of each. The epicenter occurred almost precisely at the geographic center of the Caribbean Island chain. The center of Sunspot 1040 is located almost exactly where you would expect Port-au-Prince to be present.

The centers of each surprisingly match[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/06ebe2a0a6ca.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f80427b65a8d.gif[/atsimg]

USGS map[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e6921468be8e.jpg[/atsimg]

Google maps screenshot of the are with 'Cite Soleil' (Sun City) marked[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c62b9dd64fc2.jpg[/atsimg]

As a footnote, I'm aware that the heightened human capability of pattern recognition can make mountains out of molehills (faces in clouds, the man in the moon), however where would we be as a species if we had merely adhered to logical and prosaic reasoning for every question we've faced throughout history? It's a major factor that has continually distinguished us as capable and sentient beings.

I'm willing to accept these events as natural and non-related, however that subsequently means this is one hell of a coincidence. Given the increase of 'coincidences' and synchronicities in my own life, and likewise in many of yours I assume, then I'm hesitant to leave this one unmentioned.

So the sunspot was directly facing Earth at the time. It was shaped like the Caribbean Islands (not Africa, not Japan, not a banana, not Spongebob - you get the idea). So considering that, does this coincidence have a deeper meaning? If so, what if the Sun is communicating with us? Or what if it's actually intelligently mirroring Earth events somehow? What are the implications and what is it trying to say?

[edit on 14/1/10 by Evasius]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
interesting theory.

had to give you a s&f for the effort and bringing a new idea to the table.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
S&F for a cool post Evasius.

I tend to disagree though about these two events being related.

Here is a list of big Earthquakes from 2009 -

www4.uwm.edu...

and here is a list of the Sunspots from 2009 -

ftp.ngdc.noaa.gov...

I'm not saying the sun has no relation to Earthquakes, but if you compare the Sunspot dates from 2009 against the big earthquakes from 2009, there is no trend there.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I too starred and flagged. Fascinating topic, and I agree the coincidence is chilling. But then again, you always seem to have fascinating theories. As I am no expert in this field, I will content myself to watch this thread develop.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Wow very interesting thread. Do you have anymore that you could show us, just to give us a comparison. You certainly present an interesting argument..

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Thank you, though I wouldn't really call it much of a theory, just that I think there's a bit more to our perceived relationship between the Sun and Earth. So I wonder why at the moment of the event it looked so much like the island chain where it took place?

When synchronicity begins happening off-world as opposed to funny little coincidences in our lives, I think its worth a serious look.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I would think the moon has more to do with earthquakes than the sun does. Though you never know, that sunspot does look a lot like the caribbean, only hotter.

I say the moon effects the earth and possibly earthquakes becuase it changes the tides. The moon actually makes the oceans bulge towards it.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

I don't have any proof or additional data - this is a one-off observance of a colossal oddity.

Given that coincidences and synchronicity have increased with me personally (as well as with others), and that the process seems to be accelerating, then perhaps the same thing can happen between planets and stars. If the structure of space and time is fleshed out fractally, could then relationships follow a fractal schematic where miniscule relationships mirror universal relationships?

Anyway, I haven't looked into past sunspots. I would assume if there had always been a relationship then it would have been discovered by now.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

I see what your'e saying. I guess it is kind of strange how it looks like the island chain to an extent.

One cool thing to investigate would be previous sunspot shapes to see if there are any synchronicities with any other past events.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Especially during the tsunami tragedy a few years ago, that would be interesting to see any correlation. Or during the Norway spiral....

OP, could the sun be a mirror image or directly involved?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Excellent presentation Evasius, you covered a lot of areas no matter how strange they may seem. I suspect that every now and then that the Sun Spot Activity does have some sort of connection. I believe in science, and that is why I have my YouTube videos out there showing the science of earthquakes; how to predict them accurately 100% of the time anywhere in the world.

It's very simple since the precursor signals are easy to detect, and they are detectable 24/7 for days and weeks in advance.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 13-1-2010 by RussianScientists]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Very Interesting. I did a quick SOHO search.. VEEEERY Intresting Theory.

I wish I could lay a grid over the SOHO pics for exact measurements.

1.10.2010 - Offshore Cali - Almost exact Long./Lat.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0bc86bf74690.jpg[/atsimg]

12.26.2004 - Indonesia - Almost exact Long./Lat.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dacd7a28a462.gif[/atsimg]

Just for kicks - 9.11.2001 - All Hell Breakin Loose - Notice the two dots where NY would be. They are gone on 9.12.2001

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a31b3f334059.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 13-1-2010 by timewalker]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I guess it deserves to be looked into for sure, but during solar maximums there can be several of these large, island looking flares all on the Sun at the same time.

It would be relatively easy to find strange looking shapes during these Sunspot highs.

saying that I think it is a cool coincedence that this most recent spot looked as it did during this quake.

another point to add also, this sunspot actually had died off several days ago, but then re-emerged like an old scab opening up again.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

That is what I was hoping. Mind you it should be to hard to do ourselves

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Could be either as far as I know. I think that since it hasn't been proven that sunspots cause earthquakes in the past, maybe we're looking at some sort of communication between us and the Sun - where the Sun is giving us a 'nod of awareness' or somehow recognizes our plight as an evolving species. Maybe it's just now 'waking up' or is becoming capable of communication and interaction. Or maybe we as a collective have crossed some threshold that allows us to receive such a message.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
From March 29th 2001 -

events from March 29th 2001 -

Lots of fighting in the Middle East - have a look here...

unispal.un.org...

and on March 30th 2001 -

Bush abandons Global Warming treaty

www.infoplease.com...

whether these are related or not, I don't know. Lot's of research could be done here.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Welcome our new daily Zodiac. Check SOHO to see where not to go.

More significant dates please.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by timewalker]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Thanks for sourcing those - the 9/11 image is insane. I'll definitely look more into this later whn I get home. I'd be interested to see if there was a sunspot representing the beginning of the financial crisis.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Its an interesting analysis, but that sunspot is 8 to 10 times the size of earth. I don't think you can correlate it to the geography of Haiti or an earthquake.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenYourHead

I'm not comparing physical size, only the shape and the location of the center in each structure. According to spaceweather.com the sunspot is already the width of 10 Earths side by side - which is most decidedly bigger than Haiti.

spaceweather.com...

Image: spaceweather.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join