It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb explodes in Northern Ireland

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rubberHead

ignorance? i was born and raised here in n.ireland..i was also a member of the ulster defense regiment..and i know a hell of alot more about n.ireland than you do.. the British army was brought into ulster to stop the protestant backlash against the republican Catholics.. your ignorance is shameful...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

another fool who speaks with out knowing anything truthful to say....
the ruc attacked the protestants more than the catholics only we prods didnt go crying to dublin about it.....
learn some facts before opening your mouth next time....
the provos targeted catholic ruc men because they where esay targets living in there community , so when the Catholics stopped joining the police because they and there familys where being murdered they started crying about there being more protestants than Catholics in the police...
when the provos shot at police they where shooting to kill,when the police fired back and killed them they cried it was a shoot-2-kill policy and that the police should have arrested them.. we couldn't (UDR) open fire on armed terrorists until they fired on us first....... the only reason the provos did what they did was because the British gov would not let us get stuck into them... the same b.s. brigade are now stopping the people of Britain attacking the muslims.....

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by infinite

Snippet from the article in the OP

Dissident republicans have been responsible for a spate of bomb attacks across Northern Ireland in the last year. In October, a dissident group planted a bomb under a policeman's car in east Belfast.

Makes me wonder who was responsible. Muslim extremists, or locals fed up with their police?

Is there anything else besides this article?

It was the IRA fed up with police.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

A fool? Not speaking the truth?

Who the hell are you Mr. UDR?

You have not seen what I seen, *snip*

Every word I spoke was the truth *snip*. Learn some facts? How can I learn WHAT I EXPERIENCED? *snip*

You think the Protestants in Ireland were attacked more by the RUC than the catholics?*snip*

I cant believe someone starred your post, they probably dont even know what the UDR is. The UDR is one of the most notorious sectarian paramilitary organizations in Northern Ireland. Scum of the Earth just like the B-Specials. Its like praising the SS Nazis! Your a member of it and you think your the good guy? You think your right? And I the victim of all your BS is a fool? Your counterintelligence is absurd, if your a member of the UDR then you are a war criminal. The UDR grabbed me when I was 10 years old and slammed me against a jeep for no reason, British Army brutality, I was a bloody child! He nearly ripped my ear off in doing so!

Shoot to kill - You said it yourself!
FYI: I hate the RIRA.
COLLUSION IS NOT AN ILLUSION!

CAPITOL HILL. WEDNESDAY, MAY 3, 2006 ---"We have been saying it
on Capitol Hill for over 30 years. And it is important to stress
that it was not only the Brits who covered-up".

That is how Fr. Sean Mc Manus, president of the Capitol Hill-
based Irish National Caucus, reacted to the dramatic reporting of
the Irish News on the how the Ulster Defense Regiment (UDR) -- a
locally recruited regiment of the British Army -- colluded with
loyalist paramilitaries, helping them to assassinate Catholics.
Fr. Mc Manus said: "The Irish News has done a great service to
the truth by its expose of UDR collusion, and on how the British
Government knew all about it".

In its ongoing expose the Irish News reveals : "The 'Subversion
in the UDR' document was written in August 1973 by military
intelligence and Ministry of Defense officials ... The document
is a summary of a meeting where the prime minister at the time,
Harold Wilson, and his secretary of state for Northern Ireland
Merlyn Rees, brief the leader of the opposition, Margaret
Thatcher, on political and security matters ... a key section on
the security situation confirms that Downing Street was aware of
the UDR subversion and reveals additional concerns over the
RUC... Unfortunately there were certain elements in the police
who were very close to the UVF and who were prepared to hand over
information, for example, to Mr. Paisley..." (Files confirm
suspicions .Collusion: Subversion in the UDR Reports: Steven
McCaffery [email protected] IRISH NEWS. WEDNESDAY, MAY 3,
2006)
Source

I know the truth like many of my Irish friends, do these American and foreign members of ATS know the truth about the UDR? Looking at the single star on your post, they dont.

NO WONDER THE UDR WAS DISBANDED

The UDR was a mirror of the B-Specials.

There is more information in history and by the people of Ireland supporting my story than there is of your story.

*snip*

EDIT: To the poster above, it was not the IRA, it was the RIRA.

EDIT2: I will not tell you the exact location, but the UDR burned my house down in 1972. Guess what? My family rebuilt it with their own bare hands while my mother was pregnant with me, she even helped rebuild it.

If you are one of the Protestant males who was forced to join the UDR, as most of the Protestant people were forced to join the UVF etc, then I feel sorry for you and I hope you can understand this.

[edit on 8/1/2010 by the_denv]

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/8/2010 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

To be fair.. Fatdad has a point but its obviously not the entire picture because the underlying issues have always really been down to mistreatment of Catholics in Ireland & NI by the British Empire up until the 90's.

Still though, those RIRA pricks should be wiped out. They are scum with explosives and decent semi auto's.. thats about it. Wankers. There's even RIRA guys running around down south threatening dealers with AK'47's for payouts as funds... they'll even take drugs instead of cash. SCUM!

The have no place pretending to have anything to do with the old struggle.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

I agree Derm! (is that the Derm I think it is? Do we know each other?)

The RIRA are scum of the Earth, Peadar was a friend of my family, more so a friend of my brothers. My brothers are seriously pissed off and sickened about this act the RIRA committed. You are also correct about their acceptance of drugs as a form of currency and the corruption the RIRA is guilty of is as deep as the Spartan town center pit! "This is madness"!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv

Doubt it, I live in Waterford.. unless you know something I don't

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo

Doubt it, I live in Waterford.. unless you know something I don't

Ahh no problem mate, I met a guy last year called Derm. We met up, hes a fellow conspiracy theorist and we had a good laugh, thought that was you but obviously not the guy Im talking about lives in Tyrone
Nice to meet you anyway, you have a good view on a lot of things

I will report any information I can get regarding Peadar outside the media. I will phone my brother tomorrow and see if he knows anything. I hope Peadar is getting welll, my brother has not spoke to him in years. Fingers Crossed!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Please Keep it Civil

We understand that this is a topic that strikes many nerves....

However, ATS has the guidelines in place to allow civil discourse, it's ok to disagree.. it's not OK to attack each other...

If you see a post that you feel has provoked you and your emotions are on tilt....

Don't respond in kind.. or worse.. alert the staff and let us handle it..

Keep the emotions in check and the posts on topic, that's all we ask...

Now, please...

continue with the topic of this thread:

Bomb explodes in Northern Ireland

and remember...

Courtesy Is Mandatory

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Jac,
I think you are referring to me and a few others on this thread. I know exactly what you mean, I try my best to keep things civil, deep in my heart I need people to know the truth, information, knowledge and my own experiences need to be told, tyrants need to be exposed. I told a lot of "brain in hand"/"intestines in hand" stories in this thread, at the time of this personal experience you could imagine what was going through my head (pardon the pun). I think I kept a cool head concerning the subject of matter. I recently got a ban for a similar thread and also pointed this out in my first post within this thread that I basically wanted this thread not to go the same way as the previous thread.

I respect your wishes

I hope others follow.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Wow... as an Irish-American I've always been interested in the struggles in Northern Ireland. Even though I've made a few runs at trying to read or study about the troubles there, I always come out more confused than when I went in. Well... ditto with this thread. I'm coming out of it after reading all seven pages more confused than when I came in.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Yeah, others and I have given up on this thread. I've had family members killed by the IRA and I am literally speechless how certain American members can change their attitude towards terrorism. A certain member literally justified the attack.

Search a few other members posts, you'll see them leading the charge and wanting to persecute the entire Muslims population in the name of "terrorism"..

...but oh know, this is all different. If you notice, the Irish-Anglo community of abovetopsecret keeps these sensitive topics civil.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by rubberHead

But there was a civil war. After the Anglo-Irish treaty, the Irish free state became embroiled in a bloody and bitter civil war, as the treaty which gave up Ulster was seen as a sell out on the aims being fought for in the war of independence.

yes, I am aware of that, the potential civil war I am talking about would have dwarfed that "inter" republican dispute

Hmm, I'm not sure what you are saying here. To deny that there was anti-Catholic discrimination in the North is either plain ignorance or egregious lies.

stop making up opinions for me- there was of course some discrimination in NI, but not as one sided as the revisionsist would clearly have you believe- for example, when the RUC was formed, quotas were made for catholics to be represented in proportion to their general population- they duly filled this only to be intimidated out of the organisation by scum republicans (same old same old)

What the hell do you think sparked off the 'Troubles' that dominated Irish politics for so long? In fact my family are one of many who crossed the border down south as refugees after violent targeting by loyalists in the late 60's.

I will tell you what the FRIGGING HELL I think

The troubles were sparked by a sectarian terrorist organisation hijacking a civil rights issue (some of which affected poor Protestants as well) in order to carry out a sectarian war over the poorly supported unity issue- there is no justification for any murder over frigging landlord voting rights in Londonderry for FRIG SAKE

As for your family, members of my own family had to flee their homes in Ardoyne under attack from catholic/nationalist mobs

As for the Republic, I can't say I am aware of any discrimination towards Protestants. It may have happened, but if so was certainly very rare

You are either ignorant or lying- point one, decimation of population is evidence, point 2 the free state/roi was run in a theocratic RC manner, this was explicit in the whole aspect and formation of the state- the recent child sex abuse WIDESPREAD scandals showed a sick nation where the state was run hand in hand with RC leaders and abuses were allowed to remain uncovered.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Yeah, others and I have given up on this thread. I've had family members killed by the IRA and I am literally speechless how certain American members can change their attitude towards terrorism. A certain member literally justified the attack.

Search a few other members posts, you'll see them leading the charge and wanting to persecute the entire Muslims population in the name of "terrorism"..

...but oh know, this is all different. If you notice, the Irish-Anglo community of abovetopsecret keeps these sensitive topics civil.

spot on, sickens me to think of the succour given to provos during the troubles by the US and the money that flowed to enable them to burn protestant pensioners, mutilate babies and shoot part time RUC men in the back in their farms

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

spot on, sickens me to think of the succour given to provos during the troubles by the US and the money that flowed to enable them to burn protestant pensioners, mutilate babies and shoot part time RUC men in the back in their farms

Burn protestant farmers? MUTILATE BABIES?
I think your on the wrong thread mate.

Your right about them shooting part time RUC men though. BUT, they are actually called the PSNI now. It also was not the Provos, it was the RIRA.

...or are you totally "off-topic" and talking about something completely different to this thread regarding Peadar being attacked by the RIRA scum?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This topic is one of those that there are 3 sides to it.

1. Ones that sympathise with the united Ireland cause

2. Those that sympathise with a UK N.Ireland

3. People that dont know who to believe and dont know much about it

The Derv, you speak from personal experience. There is no reason to believe you have not had the experiences you claim to have had, so we can take your stories at face value.

blue, dermo and the likes have given away their stance via use of terminology such as "wankers".

So whom do the rest of us believe. There are at least 2 sides to every story and this topic is no different.

The constant in this thread is that there has been unneccessary violence on both sides. It doesnt matter for which cause you accidentally kill civillians.

On the RIRA side you could say of course they are going to plant explosives and run. Why would anyone want to take on the whole of the british war machine face to face? The recent explosive tactics were most likely meant to disrupt peace and to send a message that there are still people in Ireland that want a united and free Ireland.

On the UK side you could say that the tactics employed by the RIRA cause more pain and suffering than good to their cause. You could call them cowards for hiding behind masks and sunglasses. And you could call them a riff raff of an old disbanded terror organization that cant let go.

It seems that you could stand on a side street in N.Ireland and say the exact same thing and depending on the time and day either be met with support and a high five or a beating...

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
[edit on 9-1-2010 by blueorder]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_denvBurn protestant farmers?

I said "Burn protestant pensioners"- for one shining example of these serial killers at work, reference La Mon, pensioners incinerated

MUTILATE BABIES?
I think your on the wrong thread mate.

Listen *snip* one of my mates pulled the dead from the shankill chip shop bomb- one of those bodies was a baby

Your right about them shooting part time RUC men though. BUT, they are actually called the PSNI now. It also was not the Provos, it was the RIRA.

what are you gibbering about- I referenced "republicans" in terms of the history of the troubles- I live here so dont lecture me about the terminology boy- the current serial killers like to call themselves the RIRA, *snip*

Mod Edit: Removed censor circumvention, and an attack on a member. Keep it civil.

[edit on 1/9/2010 by seagull]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BingeBob

Very true words

I am an ex-Catholic (I woke up lol), and you know the rest...and I take the side of the UK when I say that I also hate the RIRA. A lot of Nationalists, Republicans also hate the RIRA.

In the eyes of the old paramilitaries on the Catholic side, the majority hate the RIRA and agree that all they do is cause violence and inflict pain and misery.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I cant believe someone starred your post, they probably dont even know what the UDR is. The UDR is one of the most notorious sectarian paramilitary organizations in Northern Ireland.

you are talking out of yer airse, total unadulterated BS- there is no comparison with the UDR and the provos or the UDA, none whatsoever, anyone suggesting otherwise is a absoloute walthead of the highest order

Scum of the Earth just like the B-Specials. Its like praising the SS Nazis!

what a ridiculous comment, and a total disrespect to the gassed jews

Your a member of it and you think your the good guy? You think your right? And I the victim of all your BS is a fool? Your counterintelligence is absurd, if your a member of the UDR then you are a war criminal. The UDR grabbed me when I was 10 years old and slammed me against a jeep for no reason, British Army brutality, I was a bloody child! He nearly ripped my ear off in doing so!

he is a good guy, he held the line while IRA serial killers tried to mutilate people- when I was 12 a cop hit me at a football match, only difference is I dont act like I am agassed jew- unbelievable

Shoot to kill - You said it yourself!
FYI: I hate the RIRA.
COLLUSION IS NOT AN ILLUSION!

CAPITOL HILL. WEDNESDAY, MAY 3, 2006 ---"We have been saying it
on Capitol Hill for over 30 years. And it is important to stress
that it was not only the Brits who covered-up".

That is how Fr. Sean Mc Manus, president of the Capitol Hill-
based Irish National Caucus, reacted to the dramatic reporting of
the Irish News on the how the Ulster Defense Regiment (UDR) -- a
locally recruited regiment of the British Army -- colluded with
loyalist paramilitaries, helping them to assassinate Catholics.
Fr. Mc Manus said: "The Irish News has done a great service to
the truth by its expose of UDR collusion, and on how the British
Government knew all about it".

In its ongoing expose the Irish News reveals : "The 'Subversion
in the UDR' document was written in August 1973 by military
intelligence and Ministry of Defense officials ... The document
is a summary of a meeting where the prime minister at the time,
Harold Wilson, and his secretary of state for Northern Ireland
Merlyn Rees, brief the leader of the opposition, Margaret
Thatcher, on political and security matters ... a key section on
the security situation confirms that Downing Street was aware of
the UDR subversion and reveals additional concerns over the
RUC... Unfortunately there were certain elements in the police
who were very close to the UVF and who were prepared to hand over
information, for example, to Mr. Paisley..." (Files confirm
suspicions .Collusion: Subversion in the UDR Reports: Steven
McCaffery [email protected] IRISH NEWS. WEDNESDAY, MAY 3,
2006)
Source

I know the truth like many of my Irish friends, do these American and foreign members of ATS know the truth about the UDR? Looking at the single star on your post, they dont.

YOU QUOTE THAT CLOWN THAT BIGOT DRESSED AS A MAN OF GOD THAT SECTARIAN HATE FILLED DISCREDITED SCUMBAG- AND THAT IS YOUR REFERENCE POINT- WHAT A MASSIVE FAIL

EDIT2: I will not tell you the exact location, but the UDR burned my house down in 1972. Guess what? My family rebuilt it with their own bare hands while my mother was pregnant with me, she even helped rebuild it.

that is just a lie pure and simple, you can't tell the exact location because it never happened, your nose must be some length

[edit on 9-1-2010 by blueorder]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join