It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yemen official tells AP US troops not wanted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

www.comcast.net

SAN'A, Yemen — As Yemen becomes the new front in the war on terror, its leaders want this to be clear: It does not intend to become another Iraq or Afghanistan with thousands of U.S. troops on the ground.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I guess this guy didn't get his cup of coolaid and instead wants to spend time hiding in a cave.

I'm still amazed how well the guy on ATS called this whole debacle like 4 months ago and now its blowing up. I don't think the US or UN will care what Yemen officials say and if they don't want to play ball then it will be called an act of war.

www.comcast.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a lot of this might tie into the ufo sightings over there also.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Easy enough to deal with.
The allies could easily fund Saudi Arabia, as well as support Saleh, essentially creating two allies. Maybe Somalia could be bought also.
There four groups with seperate interests in yemen, I don't know if it can survive. However, they seem to rally against ALL foreigners, not just Western ones.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR

I'm still amazed how well the guy on ATS called this whole debacle like 4 months ago and now its blowing up.

Well I don't think they have a say really, unfortunate...

Can you link me to the thread you speak of?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

I agree, Yemen may not get a vote on the matter if they are unable to control things.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
yeah...odd how we are trying to get engaged on 3 different fronts

anyone else find it odd that these 3 are sitting on oil

I would bet that since Russia has now taken a HUGE step towards European dominance...in regards to oil...we'll have some beef with them shortly too

Obamanation

Thanks be to Tetragrammaton

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by daddymax

Looks like a classic case of "encirclement" of Iran to me.We got South,East and West covered,now we just need another 'stan or two to cover the North.

Not surprising that The Yemenis do not want thousands of US trrops on their land-Its hardly going to help matters from their perspective IMO.

[edit on 7/1/2010 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The poor country is already a desert.

It doesn't need more dust with drones and jets targeting innocent living in cow-poo pated mud huts.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR

Oh well then, that changes everything. Sorry to have been of trouble, Sir...we'll just move along then.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Its all part of the PTB taking even more of the area, they want a base in pretty much every area in the region and Yemen is just a small bit, but they need if for strategic moves on other areas like Iran and eventually China. Some one will come along and do some serious butt kicking soon,and then everyone will be screaming to get the troops out of there, well they shouldn't be and have no right to be their in the first place.

There is also the fact that we don't know exactly what is going on out there, all we really have is the say so of the MSM, and our corrupt government spokesmen, how do any of us know this isn't just the part of the Orwellian part of the movie, where they want us to believe that there is this major conflict going on, and our brave lads are fighting for our freedom? what freaking freedom? Most of it is probably a bunch of lies to get even more controls and power over the people of the world.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Obama already agreed to give Yemen billions of dollars to improve their security. The money was in exchange for their "promise" that they would root out and kill / arrest al-Qaida / Taliban members. No, they are just making sure that the US realizes that they took the money, but will not accept any "help" within their borders.

This can also be known as "Thanks for the money, now get the ---- out!"

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is that other thread about yemen. It has a ton of info in it and was started in like Nov of 2008.

top topics

join