It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sea Shepherd Ship Collision, Video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Stormdancer777

They are using the old Earthrace Boat that was designed to be partially fueled on FAT!!. Human fat to be exact.

Human fat is way too expensive due to its use in cosmetics.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I hope the Japanese boat was not damaged. I like watching that TV show, I'm always hoping for their boat to sink or for one of those hippies to fall overboard and drown but no such luck
Not yet anyway...

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Stormdancer777

They are using the old Earthrace Boat that was designed to be partially fueled on FAT!!. Human fat to be exact.

Human fat is way too expensive due to its use in cosmetics.

One would think,
I found this,
www.forbes.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phlegmi
I hope the Japanese boat was not damaged. I like watching that TV show, I'm always hoping for their boat to sink or for one of those hippies to fall overboard and drown but no such luck
Not yet anyway...

LOL

well at least your honest, lol

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
From this video, you can see at 15sec that the Ady Gil rev up it's engine.
(Look at the bubble behind the boat)

So, what do you think? Is the Sea Sheperd actually sink it's own ship on purpose, for the attention they so desperately crave?

[edit on 6-1-2010 by Jigore]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
yeah that looks fairly straight forward to me, they definitely throttled up and put themselves in the path of the whalers

although why on earth those guys think its a smart idea to put say 10 ton's of carbon fibre/glass fibre in front of whats probably gonna be at least several hundred ton's, perhaps thousands of ton's of whaling ship I dunno

they were asking for it, and they got it

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlegmi

The first episode I saw was one where they were lowering a bunch of hippies ina raft out into this choppy as hell freezing water while moving. The whole time they're talking to the camera about how none of them have any sea or boating experience and this was their first time on a boat.

Then the raft flips and dumps them all in the water and the folks on deck look all surprised and shocked.

Watching this is like watching NASCAR. You're just waiting for somebody to crash.

Stupid hippies.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I just watched the clip again and saw something I missed the first time. Right after the collision, when the camera pans towards the floating debris, you can catch the fire hose operator still laying down the smack on the already befuddled crew of the bat boat.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I may be wrong, but I think under Maratime law a vessel only has to give way to other vessels on the left hand side. so even if the anti-whalers where to try and sue or somthing stupid like that they probably wouldnt even have a case.

In short looks like a waste of a very expensive piece of kit.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by shmo5]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

You are right. This is what you get when your fill your boat with jackass instead of sailor. That idiot piloting the batship put his crew life in danger for publicity.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Not going to be long before someone gets killed down there.
Shame, there is no need for it really.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The Japanese use a loophole which allows them to hunt and inhumanely slaughter innocent whales for "Research" purposes: if you notice on the sides of the boats the Jap vessels have Research printed on the side.

It's interesting how the super boat supposedly had KEVLAR coating..

The moment of colision

After the incident, still getting sprayed by the Japs.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by PatrickJ]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
While I hate the bullsh*t Japanese whalers, and their bullsh*t research crap as much as the next guy, the Sea Shlepers take stupidity and incompetancy to a new level. They are the clowns of the sea. So you try to play chicken with a ship in your boat and you're surprised? You have one of the fastest ocean going boats made, and you somehow mange to be unable to avoid a big ship. It sure went backwards pretty fast.....clown shoes for everyone.

But then again, freakin' sea hippies are planning these "attacks". I guess they didn't get the memo not to go full retard.

Edited to add: These guys ought to finally grow a pair and duke it out with deck guns once and for all.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by jerico65]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I don't care for whaling, but I don't care for hippies even more, lol.

If I was a whaler and these idiots came anywhere NEAR hitting my boat I would blow them out of the water. Plain and simple. I would kill them and not loose one bit of sleep over it. They can put around all they want, but interfere with my boat by throwing stuff at it or trying to force me to course correct I would open fire on their vessel and defend myself.

They could even have their other hippie buddies film their deaths and put it on the internet so I could watch their stupidity get them killed over and over

And that's all I have to say about that. Other than whaling is stupid.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join