It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Armageddon - History Channel 12am EST

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
There is a really good show on the History channel right now.12am est. Its called After Armageddon. Its focusing on how society will react to a global catastrophe. Worth watching. Most on here will be aware of some of this breakdown but nice to see it played out on a program.

Enjoy

[edit on 5-1-2010 by iamcamouflage]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

Dang!
Not only do I not have cable, I don't even own a television!
I'm wondering if there's a chance that someone, somewhere will post it online, and someone, somewhere, will post a link here to watch it.
Lookin' at you, you know who you are!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I'm watching it right now, ya it's pretty interesting!!!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew Dark

Dang!
I'm wondering if there's a chance that someone, somewhere will post it online, and someone, somewhere, will post a link here to watch it.

You too mate!!!!

Argggh, I'm with ya, maybe, if we both hope hard enough someone will post it online.... quicky! You hear that lurkers, I said quickly!!!!!!

And also in HIGH QUALITY!!!!!

Man.... gotta get cable!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

You heard the man!
Hop to it internet pirates and unkempt, basement apartment-dwelling nerds!
Use all that spare time you have in between microwaving burritos, ogling underwear models and wishing you had a life and get a move on and entertain me!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

There is a show on tonight(1/6 @9pm) called Apocalypse Man. Its a guy showing how to survive in a post apocalyptic urban environment. Looks pretty good.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Well that's super cool man, but...um...
*ahem*
...no television...

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I think that was what I saw last night. I saw part of it.

Nothing like bugging out into a desert to get away from it all. Smart move. Even though LA is surrounded by desert, there are better ways; like getting out of that gang infested overpriced hellhole now while you still can...

But at least they mentioned bugout bags. That's the first time I heard those mentioned on a MSM program.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I watched it last night. It had some very good points on basic survival.
However, some of his wife's behavior made their eventual survival seem improbable. i.e. She freaked out and/or whined over every little thing that went wrong making it more difficult for the husband to provide and protect them. Not to mention they did several things wrong (such as pulling over to the side of the road and sleeping instead of hiding the car and making themselves less conspicuous. Also, giving one of their few remaining bottles of water to the injured guy on the side of the road.) Don't get me wrong, I am all for generosity and helping someone but in that type of situation, you need to care for your family first. Granted in the show, the guy passed the favor back to them later. ( He saved their lives) But I don't believe that is likely to happen in a SHTF situation. Just my opinion. Of course, I'm cynical.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I just logged on to post about this show.

This is a must watch for any realist. We should all be so lucky that we would never have to live through this type of thing, but someone at sometime IS going to (have to attempt to) live through it.

Very realistic scenarios, broken down with some sharp sociological examinations by a host of different guest.

Plus, keen observations from past 'mini-catastrophes' like the '89 San Fran earthquake, the NYC blackouts ('03 and '77, BOTH less than a day), and Katrina - the acceleration of these tiny, localized pockets - having the knowledge that society just out of reach was fine - into near anarchy in those 3 minor instances was staggering. Hell, just think about garbage collection strikes, if you've ever experienced one of those.

ALL it takes... is for the power to go out for a few days. Long enough for people to realize that it ain't gonna be coming back on, anytime soon.

When you have NO Electricity, EVERYthing comes to a grinding halt.

Transportation
Commerce
Food
Communication
HEALTHCARE/Sanitation
Refrigeration
Plumbing (water AND waste)
Information
Protection

Think about it: The lights are never going to come back on - your previous life is not going to be restored!

Now, deal with that despair on top of everything you just lost, and the survival mode you have to be able to kick into.

This thought is inconceivable to most, and the fact is, there are already people living like this on our planet, today - I guess they know how to deal with it better than us spoiled industrialized nations - they will probably survive. I guess that's where the whole 'blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth' comes from, no? ha ha

[And this could all happen if the little ol' light bulb 93 million miles away decides to "burp", someday(!)]

Hmmm....

[edit on 3/2/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Here for anyone without a tv or who missed it
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew Dark

Dang!

It is on You tube.... hit search and there it is... pretty good all in all... but when shtf, it is gonna be one hell of alot worse than this even begins to portray... pretty educational as well...

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

That's a good watch, a lot of of good pointers.
Though I prepare, I really would not like that to be the world.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Thank you for posting the Utube link or I would not have been able to watch it!

Thanks!!!!

Casing

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
I just logged on to post about this show.

This is a must watch for any realist. We should all be so lucky that we would never have to live through this type of thing, but someone at sometime IS going to (have to attempt to) live through it.

Very realistic scenarios, broken down with some sharp sociological examinations by a host of different guest.

Plus, keen observations from past 'mini-catastrophes' like the '89 San Fran earthquake, the NYC blackouts ('03 and '77, BOTH less than a day), and Katrina - the acceleration of these tiny, localized pockets - having the knowledge that society just out of reach was fine - into near anarchy in those 3 minor instances was staggering. Hell, just think about garbage collection strikes, if you've ever experienced one of those.

ALL it takes... is for the power to go out for a few days. Long enough for people to realize that it ain't gonna be coming back on, anytime soon.

When you have NO Electricity, EVERYthing comes to a grinding halt.

Transportation
Commerce
Food
Communication
HEALTHCARE/Sanitation
Refrigeration
Plumbing (water AND waste)
Information
Protection

Think about it: The lights are never going to come back on - your previous life is not going to be restored!

Now, deal with that despair on top of everything you just lost, and the survival mode you have to be able to kick into.

This thought is inconceivable to most, and the fact is, there are already people living like this on our planet, today - I guess they know how to deal with it better than us spoiled industrialized nations - they will probably survive. I guess that's where the whole 'blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth' comes from, no? ha ha

[And this could all happen if the little ol' light bulb 93 million miles away decides to "burp", someday(!)]

Hmmm....

Yes, I'm quoting and replying to myself - coming back to this later...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Interesting. I'll have to watch this at home.

I have to say though, I think humankind might be more resilient than a lot of people would think.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I think this crew would also enjoy a new reality series: The Colony.

top topics

join