It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Controversial Solution to Suicide Bombers ?!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
**I do Not agree with the suggestion made in this post – well not 100% - But when 1% of me did I thought I would throw it out to ATS and see what you think? ( I have since updated the idea to contain some form of morality)**

I got back from a family party last night, we have a big family and everyone was there, I and one of my uncles got talking about War on Terror/ Afghanistan and Suicide Bombers etc.

After the usual back and forth on this conversation, are the wars about , terrorism ? resources? Land mass? We got around to the topic of Suicide Bombers.
I dropped the line I always use as I firmly believe it ‘If a man or woman is willing to sacrifice their life to do this, how can you stop them? You must have a pretty strong conviction to do this”

I mean we spend billions .. 70 billion I think to secure the U.S.A airports .. and are they secure?? And the U.K and it seems many other countries are about to get the full body scanner treatment.

It has always been my understanding that most suicide bombers are never the high up people in the organizations they are normally family people with no where else to turn and get sucked in brain washed , and there families taken care of financially if they go through with the act of suicide bombing.

This is what drives a father or Mother to kill themselves although I am sure quite a few Bombers do it for the faith or ‘the cause’ but the majority is because of family.
So how can you stop this?

Short of building a huge wall around a country, vetting everyone inside and manning the wall across its entire length for unwanted visitors how can we stop it?
Well my Uncles brother is a soldier, he has had 1 tour of Iraq and 2 in Afghanistan and he thinks he has the solution to Suicide Bombers.

When a suicide bomber commits an act of War ( I refuse to call it an act of terrorism) his/her identities always come out on the news.

The ‘soldier’ thinks we should round up there family and execute them on live T.V , and then post it all over the web ( as they do with beheadings).

So that potential future suicide Bombers realize, their family will NOT be looked after.. in fact there act will sign there, wife’s and children’s death warrant.. do you think this would deter Suicide bombers??

Like I said above, for a brief second 1% of me thought it Would work.

So here I am throwing it out to ATS,

Do you think that rounding up the family members of suicide bombers, executing them and publicizing it would deter future bombers?

For it to contain any morality, I suggest we pretend to do it and then whisk the family away never to be seen again like the witness relocation program… of course if this information ever got out the whole deterrent plan would be subject to an epic fail.

I eagerly await all your thoughts….

QS

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel

So that potential future suicide Bombers realize, their family will NOT be looked after.. in fact there act will sign there, wife’s and children’s death warrant.. do you think this would deter Suicide bombers??

Do you think that rounding up the family members of suicide bombers, executing them and publicizing it would deter future bombers?

You could be on to something

Can you imagine the ratings !!!!!!!!

All the Bush'es , Cheney's, Rice's , rumsfield's executed LIVE

I'd tune in

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

You could be on to something

Can you imagine the ratings !!!!!!!!

All the Bush'es , Cheney's, Rice's , rumsfield's executed LIVE

I'd tune in

Lol nice..

Hey i didn't really specify a side! like i said i refuse to call it an act of terror when its clearly an act of war. one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter etc etc.

[edit on 3/1/10 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I see what you're saying. But I don't think it will have any impact whatsoever.

To be honest, I personally do not think a terrorist of a suicide bomber nature believes his family will be looked after once he pops his/herself. A fanatic of that calibre is someone where logic and concern are not high priorities. I mean, this isnt "24" where you have someone like Jack Bauer, one man, acting as judge and jury.

Remember, these people are so rigid and unmoving in their beliefs that they're will to actually blow themselves up and, more to the point, everyone else, to prove as much.

I would argue they would think any act against their family would have already been thought about and whatever happens, their "god", whatever it might be, will welcome the family into the afterlife to join the suicide bomber.

I really don't think they have that much of a concern about their family in the same regard you're thinking of. I could be wrong, but I just don't think so.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
its a sick idea why would you want to lower yourself to there level and drag us back into the dark ages

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

This is supposed to be a deterrant how exactly?

And this is supposed to assist in stopping the suicide bombers how exactly?

Quote from : Wikipedia : Suicide Attack

A suicide attack (also known as suicide bombing, homicide bombing, or "kamikaze") is an attack intended to kill others and inflict widespread damage, while the attacker intends to die as well in the process.

This article is concerned with two particular instances of suicide attacks, namely the tactics employed by the Kamikaze and modern suicide tactics and suicide terrorism.

Dimona bombers' families speak to Al Jazeera - 06 Feb 08

Hamas Women Suicide Bombers Club (Free Membership) Jan-09

Muslim Children Trained to Become Suicide Bombers 08

How is the family members fault that someone was recruited into doing that?

One other man, or a group, more specifically, had the intention of making the streets cleaner through rounding people up, and he caused people to be rounded up.

That man and that group could never have tracked them down so quickly if not through the support of ignorance of corporations and the men running them.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c9c27969530.jpg[/atsimg]

Of course it was not just the men and women who you might think though.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b270a571015b.jpg[/atsimg]

I have to wonder at either side being mentioned in gathering people up and executing them.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e9747d4f6f34.gif[/atsimg]

Oh, well how will we do that, perhaps put a bio-chip under their skin, to easily track them down?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/338cc3d8b0fa.jpg[/atsimg]

Wait, let's make it easier, and put the scanners in the airport, syncing up with equipment already is use, to stop people smuggling explosives, because they've been scanned.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d0ab0bbc547.jpg[/atsimg]

Don't forget to cover Wal-Mart so we can scan them as they go in and come out.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79d097d8e3ab.jpg[/atsimg]

In case you missed it a lot of what I just said was sarcasm, but based around real equipment being spoken about here every day on ATS, and your thoughts while well meaning, were irresponsible, because the families of suicide bombers often do not know they have committed those heinous actions.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c34c85c0afb7.jpg[/atsimg]

I do not think you know much about the fact that what you're speaking about is much closer than what you might realize, but it will not stop with the families who are survivors of those suicide bombers, it will go eventually to anyone who even expresses disagreement with the Administration.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b3417e314bf3.jpg[/atsimg]

Ghost Plane: The True Story of the CIA Rendition and Torture Program

Amazon Review :

On June 10th, 2002, Attorney General John Ashcroft announced that the US had captured a known terrorist who was exploring a plan to explode a "dirty bomb" on American soil.

That alleged terrorist was José Padilla who was finally charged in 2005 with conspiracy to murder.

What Ashcroft didn't talk about was how information against him was obtained – by the relentless torture of one man-- Binyam Mohamed, in the name of the United States.

Arrested at Karachi Airport before Padilla’s arrest on April 10, 2002, Mohamed was put on a luxury executive jet and flown to an interrogation center in Morocco.

For over 18 months, he was subjected to one torture after another: Beating followed beating and, then, his guards produced razor blades and began to split the skin all over his body, including on his genitals.

Since 1997, hundreds of people, many of whom have no ties to terrorist organizations, have been abducted from foreign airports or street corners on suspicions based at times on the flimsiest of evidence courtesy of the United States Central Intelligence Agency.

In Ghost Plane, Stephen Grey tells the true story of the CIA's torture program known by the euphemism "extraordinary rendition" and the airplanes that make the program run.

Begun during the Clinton administration, but taking a decidedly more voracious turn after 9/11, the rendition system has seen the transfer of more than 1000 prisoners into jails stretching from Guantanamo to Syria, from Kabul to Bangkok and beyond.

Grey had access to the thousands of CIA flight records and has interviewed dozens of sources from the most senior levels of the National Security Council to the CIA.

In Ghost Plane, he paints a disturbing picture of the War on Terror that reaches to the highest levels of power in Washington, D.C. and exposes the extreme ethical corruption at the heart of this US government program, a program finally acknowledged by President George Bush in September 2006, undertaken in the name of the citizens of the United States.

You will notice that the videos shows people celebrating these things, but this is because they are as led astray as anyone, in hatred of America, because like our politicians lying to us, so are they lied to just as much and just as effectively.

Think about things you suggest, before you post on them, because powerful ideas, while well meaning, can lead to places like the places most people would have never dreamed of nor supported, if someone had not thought of them first.

As the saying goes...

The road to Hell was paved with good intentions.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hell no it wouldn't work.

What does the family have to do with the suicide bomber?

In most cases that I have read, the family wasn't even aware of what was going on.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
What about the suicide bomber who bombs because he/she has no family left?
The suicide bomber whose family is connected (Saudis from 9/11, Osama, etc.)?
The father who actually reported his son to the U.S. embassy this past Christmas?

Of course there are many ethical reasons as well.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Well my Uncles brother is a soldier, he has had 1 tour of Iraq and 2 in Afghanistan and he thinks he has the solution to Suicide Bombers.

The ‘soldier’ thinks we should round up there family and execute them on live T.V , and then post it all over the web ( as they do with beheadings).

This is why it bothers me that we give these people guns, tanks, airplanes, bombs and every tool of destruction we can imagine, then set them loose in the middle east to unleash their twisted form of "justice" upon any poor brown soul unfortunate enough to cross their paths.

Come to think of it, this is why we have terrorists trying to attack us in the first place. Funny how that works.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
If we did what you suggest then the suicide bombers and other extremists would just train their families and bring them along to die together. Or their families would prepare for their deaths after the deed is carried out by the bomber or extremest and they would welcome deaths as martyrs.

Extremists will always find a way to justify their actions, regardless of any attempts to stop it.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
While that particular example has some problems i agree with the sentiment.

We need to be just as evil as our enemy. None of this softly softly BS. Fight fire with fire and take the fight to these cowardly #s.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Wont work period, would simply create more martyrs which would serve to incite even more to become suicide bombers.

If you really want to make them think twice about suicide bombings or other acts of terrorism then think pork!

Their radical faith is so strong that they have no fear of death, but there are things radical Muslims are afraid of.

Islam teaches that if a Muslim's body comes into contact with pork, even after death, then they are damned.

Soak the bodies of terrorists or their remains, parts and pieces in pig's blood and pork parts!

Then go and using tanker aircraft dump thousands of gallons of pigs blood and fat all over the terrorists home, town and or village.

It would harm no one and may be worth a try!

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

First after reading your post I threw up a lil' in my mouth thinking this were the views of a U.S Soldier. Now that explains why he refused to call them terrorist, because with such views he can be himself called terrorist. So by refusing to call them terrorist he himself is escaping from such a label. Pretty cunning.

Anyway, interesting question, but how would you know who the suicide bomber was? In most of the cases groups claims responsibility? They can choose not too either. Secondly, I think by applying your stated method it would not quell but the suicide bombings would in fact increase and be more brutal. Next time what will stop whole family of suicide bombers to blow themselves and causing more damage.

Third, if the family was not involved and thus innocent I don't know how can you convince anyone in the whole world to take such a step.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

War ITSELF is not moral. So, who in the world here is DUMB ENOUGH to suggest "moral techniques"? Get over yourselves. You people make me sick.

Quantum_Squirrel, your idea is obviously a good one. It's an extremely evil tactic, but it would work. The consequences politically and internationally might be pretty bad (as you can see from the narrow-minded hypocrites who've responded to you), but you would end up putting a big 'ole stick in the spokes of suicide attacks.

For you people who have NO Idea how to think, the reason why they do suicide attacks is because they KNOW IT HAS AN IMPACT. If the physical world didn't matter to them and their families could just die and join them in their version of "heaven", then why do they even waste the TIME TO CAUSE PHYSICAL IMPACT?

Yeah, it's immoral. WAR IS IMMORAL. Hypocrites. Quantum_Squirrel is referring to a war tactic -- Not a way to win points with God.

Of course, I do not support the notion that we are actually in a war right now.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

no it would not work , in fact i think it would have the opposite effect . in the bombers mind he would believe that his entire family would be sharing in his miss guided honour.
but consider this if he thought that his body parts after his death would be collected and buried inside the carcase of a pig , that in his mind
would be the ultimate horror.
a far more effective deterrent i would think.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Forgot to add for the welfare of army and everyone else I wold recommend you to report your "soldier friend" to some medical professional or Army Headquarters so he can be restricted to desk work or given free from duty along with pension to get some medical professional help.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Execution of the family would not change anything. Everyone fails to understand what we are dealing with. This is a religious war plain and simple. There is no reasoning with people who are fighting a battle on what they believe are religious principles. It is a matter of faith for them. There is no logic or reasoning that can be applied to convince them to stop.

The bottom line is that in a conflict fought by religious fanatics there is never any compromise and the battle will never end until one side or the other is totally eradicated.

The only question in my mind at this point is will it be them or us. So far we are losing and will continue to lose and ultimately be eradicated unless we realize the nature of the conflict and act appropriately.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

You are wrong in thinking the whole thing is a religious war...it's like 60-40 religious war and a second group who are not religious but getting back out of anger. desperation, money etc or other causes.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This thread has supplied me with most of the replies i expected , please people do not get me wrong i DO NOT advocate this idea in any way. i thought i was careful enough to disclaim this from the very beginning.

This is not my idea this is the idea form a soldier (U.K based btw not american forces)

but i must admit a small percentage of me thought it might work....

I agree with a lot of posters here that deep down this is a religious war (most are).

And there are a certain number of fanatics that will not be deterred due to their faith .

I must say some of you have made your views very clear . no it will not work or yes it will work .. but a lot of you seem to be skirting around the obvious morality of such an act.

Of course this is a disgusting tactic .... but is not all fair in love and war ? what i want to know is do YOU think this tactic would make a difference , morally disguised or not.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Your uncle's brother is nasty.

There is so much that could go wrong with that plan it's ridiculous, even if we ignore the fact it's murder and a massive, massive atrocity.

We can stop terrorism by talking to terrorists, and by talking to those who would become terrorists. It's that simple. It worked for Northern Ireland, it will work anywhere.

People fight because they feel they have no choice. Mothers kiss their kids goodbye and blow themselves up in order to try to ensure a better life for those kids. Suicide bombers make a sacrifice in order to help their cause. If their cause could be helped by talking, then I'm sure they'd rather do that. No one becomes a terrorist because they're bored. They become one to fight back.

new topics

top topics

join