It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd craft

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by theutahbigfoothunter

G'day again theutahbigfoothunter

Whilst I don't think this can be a parasail/buggy, I've been giving some thought about how to verify or exclude the parasail/buggy hypothesis.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df1844740229.jpg[/atsimg]

Can you provide a map or Google Earth pic's / coordinates with a view to estimating distances a little more accurately?

I'm still wondering if the nature of the cell phone photo results in a "forced perspective".

Also, are there any other things close by such as:

- Popular off-road vehicle sites

- Base-jumping sites

- Civilian or military airfields

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
None of the above are even remotely close to this area. It is between Fort Duchesne and Duchesne. Not an area known for any of those activities. No military bases, and the only real consequential area would be in colorado for base jumping. Sorry to not help your theory much.

Again, Any pictures of craft remotely similar? I am really just trying to nail down whether it is military or not. I have found nothing yet of value
Even any craft that remotely resemble it would be helpful.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

find a picture of it while its airborn

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Looks like a bird flying his wings in down stroke

Just what it looks like to me

Semper

After viewing the photo and reading your guess, it goes without saying that yet another strange bird has been discovered on ATS! If you could find a similar photo of a bird that resembles the object in the photo, it could be named after you.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Any craft anyone know of that resemble this one. If not I totally understand....and appreciate the help I have recieved.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by theutahbigfoothunter]

[edit on 3-1-2010 by theutahbigfoothunter]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
It does look like a stargate deathglider

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by reject
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

find a picture of it while its airborn

G'day reject

I'm not with you.......maybe i'm a bit dull today

What do you mean "find a picture of it while it's airborne"?

It is airborne.....

Ummm.........

Please explain......

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by theutahbigfoothunter

Looks like a rock formation coming out of the clouds like a rocky peak.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Yep it looks like a bird with its wings on the downward stroke
Either that or its a rock thrown by someone with an AWESOME throw!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Nothing more than a piece of paper flying in the breeze.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Just looking at the picture the object looks quite large when comparing it to the object on the ground and the Mountain.

Is there a road back there where a car could be traveling alone.

What were your senses telling you?

[edit on 6-1-2010 by observe50]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
with all of today's great quality imaging tech now how is it that no-one can get a highly detailed and close up image of a UFO in action. It baffles me. Nice photo, but I don't think it's anything out of the ordinary.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I have this video that might be a little more intersting. I shot it on Jan 1 2010. At the begining watch the left hand side and after the plane goes by watch left side again. Interesting objects leaving the moon.

www.youtube.com...

Cant make thread yet...just joined

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
For everyone asking about a larger (higher resolution) picture, he did say that he went into max zoom, which, on a cellphone, probably is digital.

Digital zoom has the downside of using the resolution itself to enlarge the subject of choice, effectively decreasing the size of the outcome.

Now I'm not a photographer, but I'd say that probably accounts for the small picture.

Also, that doesn't really look like a [paraglide]kite more than a floating piece of rock. But deeming from the probability of the both, a kite would be the outcome, probably.
The edges look a bit too rugged and judging from the image the closest part of land looks a tad too far away from the kite for it to be attached.
Also worth noting is; If the object was big enough to be spotted with the naked eye, but far away enough to use zoom, wouldn't that object be fairly big? That, or it's just close making the use of the zoom confusing.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join