It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Our Universe Exist In A Black Hole?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
January 01, 2010

Some of the world's leading string theorists -"the theory of everything"- believe that our entire universe exists in a black hole. In this bizarre view, the pre Big-Bang universe is vast, infinite, and stretching back indefinitely in time.

Meanwhile, scientists at Princeton and Cambridge say that most of the universe is regularly destroyed. It's space-time-twisted into black holes, in fact, which is about as utterly destroyed as you can get without pissing off Zeus. In each destruction cycle only a small seed of habitable space survives, which grows phoenix-like to provide a new universe due to the apparently all-powerful dark matter.

The model is based on M-Theory - an expanded limit of string theory with an extra dimension, making it only slightly less esoteric than studying the symbolism of Chopin's work in a universe where the Nazis won the war. I'm not saying that M-theory is poorly understood or developed, but they can't even agree on what the 'M' actually stands for. Seriously.

www.dailygalaxy.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fd63c901613d.jpg[/atsimg]

If this theory is correct I would guess we don't have to worry about black holes, it seems if we were swallowed up it would put us in another universe.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
is this related to the theory that there is a tiny black hole inside every atom deep enough?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Interesting theory. Could explain all the time line shifting and other esoteric phenomina

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

I do not think our galaxy is in black hole, if it was so
1) We couldn't have taken pictures from trillion of light years away of different area in the space
2) how do you explain our space ships visiting moon?
3) how do you explain your space satellites which have reached the edge of the universe and are continuing to do so

Many more examples like these, the intense gravity of black hole couldn't have made any of this possible I believe.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

For one We haven't taken pictures of the universe from trillions of light years away...

Images taken with the Hubble Space Telescope have revealed the galaxy at almost 13 billion light-years away, making it the strongest candidate for the most distant galaxy ever seen, said European Southern Observatory astronomer Piero Rosati, who helped make the discovery.

www.space.com...

2. Our "space satellites HAVE NOT reached the edge of the universe, Hell it has even reached the edge of our galaxy. The Outer edge of our Solar system is the farthest away we have gone

"The spacecraft that were sent out to the outer solar system, like Voyager 1 and 2, are still going. They haven't left the solar system quite yet, but when they do they will just keep going. There is not much out there between the stars. It will be cold and dark, and their power will run out. But we put a plaque on each spacecraft, with symbols and pictures. So if someone out there finds the spacecraft, they will have a map to come find us (although the chances are very, very small that anyone will find them, so don't expect visitors anytime soon). "

www2.scholastic.com...

[edit on 2-1-2010 by jetman86]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Universe, not galaxy. These are two totally different things.

Might want to read things more closely before posting

-------------------------------------------------------

To be honest, we have no idea what goes on beyond the event horizon. We have vague ideas and that is about it.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Sorry I did mean galaxy but posted incorrectly as universe. Thank you for pointing and correcting it.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jetman86

I agree. But has any satelitte or other stuff always figure out, if we could exist in a black hole or maybe we live in one?
I read about black holes...and someone said, we could travel with black holes..
but whatever...this thread is interesting.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnneMary
reply to post by jetman86

I agree. But has any satelitte or other stuff always figure out, if we could exist in a black hole or maybe we live in one?
I read about black holes...and someone said, we could travel with black holes..
but whatever...this thread is interesting.

My "sources" indicate that we are not living inside a black hole. There is a black-hole in the center of our Universe (which we will passing over in Winter 2012). There are other black-holes around... including one in this Solar System (I will leave you figure that one out for now).

No 3D humans can travel a black-hole without repercussions. Obviously, without a suitable enclosure, you would be ripped apart and die. With a suitable enclosure, you run into a spiritual problem where dying off-Earth leads to bad things for your Soul.

However, higher dimensional beings don't have the same problems because of the lower-density of their atomic layout and they way the beings energetic covering (i.e., "aura") protects them. Even in this case they would be considered "worm-holes" rather than "black-holes."

top topics

join