It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Celebrities That Are Now Alive

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I know! I loved him in the Addams Family and he was so much better as Gomez than Raul Julia (who, unless things have changed, died many years ago). I used to watch the Addams Family every day that it was on. Loved, loved, loved that show! When I heard that he had died, I felt really sad that Gomez had died!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
I know for a fact that I saw on Fox News earlier this year that George Wendt (Norm from Cheers) had died. I called family members and told them. I showed my daughter his picture because she didn't know who I was talking about. We even talked about how much we liked the last movie we had seen him in, which was a Masters of Horror movie.

After seeing him in a new movie the other day, I look him up on Google and find that he is alive. I was able to find an old blog post where someone stated that he had died, but other than that...nothing.

This is not the first time that this has happened. I saw on the news about a year or so ago that Tom Skerritt had died and thought that sucked because he was one of my favorite minor character actors. But months later discovered that he was alive.

I also remember hearing that Billy Graham had died but he too is alive.

Am I alone in this? Or is something weird going on?

I hope it will happen to me....a few times if possible.

First I am officially pronounced dead.....and then I appear suddently to be alive....again.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I myself have found myself in multiple occasions finding out a celebrity is alive or dead while i thought the opposite. I thought it kind of weird. Glad it happens to others also.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
It's all down to misinformation and internet hearsay.

I remember when I heard that Barry Chuckle, one half of the Chuckle Brothers, was dead. It had been posted on the internet and spread like wildfire, until he came out and denied he had died

In fact, now when you type his name into Google the first thing that comes up is 'Barry Chuckle dead'

Articles like the following don't help matters......

www.gubuwire.com...

Children’s entertainer – and one half of the comedy duo the Chuckle Brothers – Barry Chuckle was found dead in a brothel in Belfast today. The PSNI have so far ruled out foul play and believe Mr Chuckle died of a massive heart attack during a particularly vigorous sexual act with a 53-year-old local prostitute affectionately known as ‘Stinky’.

Keith Richards also spoke of his deep respect for Barry Chuckle, having spent many hell-raising years together: “Me and Barry got up to some crazy # alright – I remember that one time we battered that priest. Happy days. I’ll miss him. Rest in peace, you ol’ bastard.”

Coffee has just exploded from my nose.. ROAR

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Was it "Stinky" that did it for you or the battered priest?

I vote for Stinky.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by theyreadmymind
A little while ago I was surprised to learn that Mickey Rooney was still alive. I seemed to recall hearing about his death. But now that I know he's alive, I no longer remember hearing about his death anymore. Anybody else felt this way?

THIS. I've read about it on two newspapers here in Portugal, Metro and Destak. I might have read it on Jornal de Notícias too. He's alive? Damn...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by moonleaf

"Stinky"

Lulz

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Every now and then I like to catch up with this topic to remind myself how senile I must be getting. But I swear to you, I thought John Astin died, too. I remember being sad the original Gomez had passed and that I thought he seemed like a nice man and tried to be a good husband to Patty Duke during her battles with mental illness. I know I'm not confusing him with Raul Julia because I got used to Raul's passing years ago. Anyway I remember thinking how sad it was both Gomezes were gone now. I must be losing it!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Does anyone else think Jerry Garcia died in the 90's??

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Universer

Of course he did -- he did, didn't he?

*checks*

Whew, he did. I mean, not 'whew', I'm not glad he did, I'm just glad he...well never mind, anyway, carry on, yes, in 1995.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

Oh man. I thought he died in the very early '90's or maybe late 80's... shortly after "Touch of Grey" came out (but I guess '95 is close enough). But now I am really confused because I swear I remember hearing a few years ago that he was a sperm donor for a famous lesbian couple that eludes me now... Maybe I am thinking of somebody else

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Universer

Oh man. I thought he died in the very early '90's or maybe late 80's... shortly after "Touch of Grey" came out (but I guess '95 is close enough). But now I am really confused because I swear I remember hearing a few years ago that he was a sperm donor for a famous lesbian couple that eludes me now... Maybe I am thinking of somebody else

Me too
and the couple he was sperm donor for was Melissa Etheridge and her girlfriend I thought.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ryliem

Me too
and the couple he was sperm donor for was Melissa Etheridge and her girlfriend I thought.

Ah, you're confusing him with David Crosby, is all. He was the donor and is still, I think, alive...I think...wait, is he?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
David Crosby is still alive but he is another one I thought was dead. Maybe he just had a health crisis of some sort instead. I'm not too bothered that I thought he was dead because I never really followed him as a fan. I'm more bothered I thought John Astin was dead. I do not believe for a moment I am jumping between alternate realities but if someone in my family dies and turns up alive again, then I will be freaking out! So far, as long as this phenomena remains confined to celebrities, I will feel confident assigning it all to memory failures.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Every now and then I like to catch up with this topic to remind myself how senile I must be getting. But I swear to you, I thought John Astin died, too. I remember being sad the original Gomez had passed and that I thought he seemed like a nice man and tried to be a good husband to Patty Duke during her battles with mental illness. I know I'm not confusing him with Raul Julia because I got used to Raul's passing years ago. Anyway I remember thinking how sad it was both Gomezes were gone now. I must be losing it!

Not gone...He just gathers more cobwebs these days.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Merle haggard anyone?

2nd

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jssaylor2007

No specific memory. But if someone had said something about him in the past tense, i wouldn't have questioned it.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru

Me too

Ah, you're confusing him with David Crosby, is all. He was the donor and is still, I think, alive...I think...wait, is he?

OH THANKS FOR CLEARING THAT UP!!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru

Me too

Sepermeru-
haha! yes, I just checked, you are right, David Crosby is definitely still alive.
Wow, this is getting confusing!
All I have to say is... My mother, my grandmother and I all thought for sure Billy Graham was dead. My grandmother remembers watching the funeral on CNN. So do I... and I remember hearing radio announcers making jokes about it and my grandmother remembers the son saying he was going to step up and take over the ministry. We were shocked and dumbfounded he was actually still alive.

My husband remembers Bret "The Hitman" Hart (from wrestling) dying and his friend sending him a news article about it because they are both big wrestling fans. My husband is shocked that he is still alive and he is positive it wasn't his brother (Owen Hart, who has passed) that he read about.

edit on 15-9-2011 by ryliem because: formating

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ryliem

He was actually on WWE for a few months a while back. They always hyped him to fight in the mainevent or on PPV but there was always a loophole. Probably for good reason, he doesn't look the healthiest.

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join