It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Steorn magnetic motor replication by JL Naudin

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by djcubed

Well I can't say I agree with their idea of dragging this process out over months and four or five different demonstrations. I mean, people have been waiting to see something spectacular from them for over three years already!

They should have just brought out their absolute best stuff right away, something with a huge WOW factor. Something that would have impressed everyone.

The fact that they won't bring out their best stuff to show just makes it seem like they're hedging.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorDisaster
reply to post by djcubed

Well I can't say I agree with their idea of dragging this process out over months and four or five different demonstrations. I mean, people have been waiting to see something spectacular from them for over three years already

I'm glad you start seeing this fraud for what it is. I tell you what, any high school student, equipped with their motor, can easily prepare a demonstration that will leave everybody breathless. You attach a disk to the rotor. You construct a brake, and measure the force it exerts on the disk when rotating. You use a couple of multimeters to measure voltage and current on the battery, thus calculating Watts. You then compare the power dissipated in the brake (based on rpm) to the power taken from the battery. And that's it, it takes 15 min from start to end. They have pretty decent oscilloscopes in this video posted here... They can be used to make this analysis more precise and detailed.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by djcubed
Steorn makes a claim, independent testers come to the same conclusion on their own. No one has yet to debunk their system.

If this was a game it would be Steorn 1 - Debunkers - 0

Equally no-one has demonstrated an OU system. Lack of back emf means very little to be honest and there is still back emf visible in the Steorn and JLN demo when the coil turns off.

After 3 years Steorn still haven't demonstrated anything worthwhile and like I said previously I guess they think they are very close to achieving OU when in fact they probably won't with this design. I have seen quite a few people in this position before.

Today I ordered the parts to make one of these. Of course, as with JLN, if I don't show OU it will be because I haven't made it right. Unfortunately with my life it will probably take me 3 years to finish it like Steorn. I never did find out where JLN gets his money and time from.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorDisaster

There experiments are only taking place over 1 month... The month of Jan... this is not a long processes and doesn't seem to be dragged out.

After all tests are run all data from all tests will be published.

Also be aware that Sean constantly states "they are not an engineering company" just because they discovered the effect doesn't mean they know how to make a car run on it.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LightFantastic

To clarify Steorn's claim on CEMF...

From Sean...

The experiment was to demonstrate that there is no back emf DUE TO THE MOTION OF THE ROTOR - the second order CEMF that you refer to is a simple fact of any inductor - and was also addressed during the demonstration.

and again...

There is no back EMF in any of the coils due to the motion of the rotor. All coils suffer CEMF during the inductive rise and collapse of the field.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Which involves bringing FACTs to the table.

and the FACT is the jury, that was handpicked by Steorn:

"Twenty-two independent scientists and engineers were selected by Steorn to form this jury. It has for the past two years examined evidence presented by the company. The unanimous verdict of the Jury is that Steorn’s attempts to demonstrate the claim have not shown the production of energy. The jury is therefore ceasing work.

If you wont believe anything that Steorn shows you because you veiw it all as a magic trick.

As it does not work like Steorn has claimed, why would you believe anything Steorn tell you? Steorn obviously thought either:
1/ They had overunity due to bad measurements/lack of understanding of what they were measuring
or
2/ they could fool the jury

However, the jury was not fooled and the Orbo does not do what Steorn claim!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

This was about an earlier Orbo design... and not the current one.

Although it doesn't look good for the company.

Just because the Reb Sox didn't win a world series for years... doesn't mean they could never win one again. In fact if I remember 2004 they defied all odds to win!~

I'm guessing your a Yankees fan...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

reply to post by dereks

This was about an earlier Orbo design... and not the current one.

So they designed this "new" Orbo since June 2009, did they?

They though the "previous" Orbo worked, and were wrong...

They think this model works, and are wrong...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

No it was last years model that was up for review, and they didn't have access to the whole thing... The report was made at the end of 2009.

You may be right... I may be crazy... But it just may be an eOrbo were lookin for!~

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by djcubedI would love to see there experiment showing that back emf does exist in an Orbo system

I am certain it does. Lets face it, a motor is in reality a transmission line immersed in a magnetic field. Would it be so hard to time the system to phase cancel?

But even if there is phase cancellation, who is measuring the Poynting vector? How come everyone ignores this quantity which can do real work?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

The experiment was to demonstrate that there is no back emf DUE TO THE MOTION OF THE ROTOR - the second order CEMF that you refer to is a simple fact of any inductor - and was also addressed during the demonstration.

Thanks for the clarification.

I can see why there is no back emf induced by the rotor on the coil because they are using two magnets; one with North facing out and one with South facing out with the coil central between them. The magnets are attracted to the ferrite rather than an electromagnet.

It is an interesting design and I can think of a number of improvements which I am suprised Steorn haven't tried as I am pretty sure they would work. I'm not by any measure an expert on motor design however.

That said I dont think the resulting optimised motor would have any useful applications or be OU.

[edit on 16/1/2010 by LightFantastic]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

That would certainly explain the behaviour of the motor as the coil is far enough away from the maximum flux density between the opposing poles to minimise any interaction.

In my book that makes this look like the most pointless motor design imaginable. Ultra low power consumption does not even equate to high efficiency, let alone OU.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
SOURCE

Steorn's "Final Demo: Proving Overunity"
Scheduled for 1600 GMT Saturday 30 January 2010 at the Waterways Ireland Visitor Center in Dublin. Can Steorn really conclusively "prove" anything on a single Saturday? What does Sean McCarthy have up his sleeve this time?

During the question and answer period following Steorn's last demo, McCarthy said that soon, anyone will be welcome to bring their own test equipment and exercise it. "Bring your own meters" he said "come in and measure it yourself, " offering to let anyone make their own measurements on a running Orbo. "Yes, you can put a load in the system, you can fire LEDs, you can do all of that, we encourage you to try it!"

I'm more excited about this then the superbowl. Wait. I'm more excited about this then OTHER people are excited about the superbowl. I've always disliked sports.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by patmac]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Bumpppity bump bump

second line

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I believe the Poynting vector points to the answer. I also think it has been more fully realized in Dr. Poher's work, to which end there have been a few threads on ATS devoted, with little outcome.

Anyone who does even a cursory examination of his material cannot deny the potential it has.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
If you were unaware of the concepts of nuclear power, wouldn't a nuclear power station appear to operate over-unity?

So-called "free energy" devices exist, and just because your knowledge of physics has no explanation for their possibility, doesn't mean they're impossible.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
Bumpppity bump bump

I'm way more interested in this one myself:

www.examiner.com...

This one's no "Schoolgirl Motor", it's supposed to be able to charge up that whole big bank of batteries all at once!

Anybody built one yet........?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorDisaster

[EX]It is not fully assembled and will not be assembled for people upon request. It is for learning and research purposes. Customer assembles rotor, frame and circuit. Experiment at your own risk. [/EX]

TRANSLATION - WHEN IT DOESNT WORK - ITS YOUR FAULT NOT OURS

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
TRANSLATION - WHEN IT DOESNT WORK - ITS YOUR FAULT NOT OURS

That's a pretty astute observation! Of course they need a loophole, these fraudsters!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

La la la. You and Buddha's complaints and accusations were totally expected.

But seriously, who wants to try building one?

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join