It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Pros and Cons of the NWO

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by coverfirehero

To be honest I have no problems with the centralization of power, so long as it is apparent and logical. I think that super-centralized power is actually easier for the people to topple if it gets despotic. The French and Russian revolutions are good examples of that idea.

I think that the opposite is actually hinders liberty and understanding, as anyone with a homeowner's/condo association can probably attest to. Local power breeds egomania I believe. It is far easier for an individual to gain power over a small group over a large one without support. Remember that even those powerful politicos and business leaders that you so dislike still are supported by the masses, the "sheeple" as you call them. They participate and support the system by and large which is what keeps it going.

Local government in history has lead to tyrants more often than republics in history. The period after the fall of Rome was a prime example here. Might equaled right to rule then, and it would again if we broke down our largely federalized and international systems. Chaos, is the result of the breakdown of large governments more often than order.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
for all those who do support a NWO think about this, who is going to set it up? Current world leaders are. Now dont we have a lot of problems with the current leaders like corruption, greed, war mongering..etc? Yes we do. That is on top of the worlds ever decreasing state of well being. Could a NWO be good, yes, will it be good, not likely. There are too many problems with world leaders and putting them all in one room is just going to make things worse. Now there is the arguement that we can replace theses leaders..but who would do it and how would you do it? You cant just remove them, and they are in control of such things. If i asked you too give up your high income career and seat of power so we can replace you would you? I know i wouldnt, and i bet most people wouldnt.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join