It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clan wants independent state

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Clan wants independent state

www.news24 .com

Pietermaritzburg - The AbaThembu clan in the Eastern Cape province, which former President Nelson Mandela is a part of, intends to recuse itself as part of South Africa and form its own independent state next year.

"There is also information that suggests that about 60% of the land in South Africa legitimately belongs to AbaThembu. Johannesburg and Durban are among the cities that are built on our land," said Majola.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dispatch.co.za

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Louwey]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I thought this news should be viewed by more people, not just from South Africa, but from an international point of view, since the whole South Africa could be destabilized if the country is divided.

The AbaThembu clan of native South Africans form a big part of the national population, and are better known as the people who speak the Xhosa language.

The land which they would like to claim as an independent territory include a huge part of South Africa, including major cities like Johannesburg and Durban.

This news reached local news wires this morning, and as as I am aware, there was no response yet from the South African government on this claim.

www.news24 .com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Not gonna happen. IF they declare independence, there would be a war, and I'm thinking the SA military will win.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
OK,

I'm not from S.A., and I'm not Black. Just want to clarify so my questions can be understood in their proper context. I have no side, no favorite, no knowledge of the conflict at all.

So what's the problem. S.A. is a free country as far as I can tell. This Clan wants to secede, correct?

In the S.A. Charter/Constitution are there provisions for secession?

From what I understand S.A. was originally a bunch of Clans, Europeans came by and Colonized them. They created S.A., called themselves Afrikaners and implemented apartheid. Everything was great until the original peoples decided to change things. It took a while but they succeeded.

Now a sub-group (The Clan) wants out but the problem is that their original land included some real estate that is now of great value. Such great value that to give it up is not an option for S.A.

Sounds like there will either be some serious negotiation going on, or there will be a Civil War, unless the Clan in question is so small that it can be squashed.

So what's the problem?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I thought this news should be viewed by more people, not just from South Africa, but from an international point of view, since the whole South Africa could be destabilized if the country is divided.

The land which they would like to claim as an independent territory include a huge part of South Africa, including major cities like Johannesburg and Durban.

Well lets all start giving land back. We can start with North, Central and South America. Then move on to giving Pakistan back to India. Next we should really consider giving New Zealand and Australia back.

Hell let's all just jump aboard ships and all sail back to Europe. That should solve their manpower and population reduction issues.

Originally posted by ziggystrange
From what I understand S.A. was originally a bunch of Clans, Europeans came by and Colonized them. They created S.A., called themselves Afrikaners and implemented apartheid. Everything was great until the original peoples decided to change things. It took a while but they succeeded.

Great?
For whom exactly? The Afrikaners? I doubt those who were on the bottom thought of it as great. If they want a independent state then they should create one from scratch IMO.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by SLAYER69]

new topics

top topics

join