It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Does Money Come From And Why Do We Have It?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Tom Woods provides us with a fabulous explanation of how money came about and why its origins are so important. I think Tom is an excellent speaker as far as economists go. He is entertaining and loaded with excellent information.

The talk is geared for those who are new to Austrian economics.

This is another one of those videos that should be required viewing for all Americans.

Do yourself and the country a favor, learn the real meaning and history of money and why those who control its issuance in today's society have caused our financial chaos.

Smashing Myths and Restoring Sound Money

Presented by Thomas E. Woods, Jr. at "Depression, Monetary Destruction, and the Path to Sound Money": the Mises Circle in Greenville, South Carolina, 3 October 2009. Sponsored by Atlantic Bullion and Coin, and Professional Planning of Easley, LLC.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This is a joke right? Everyone knows were money cones from.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Senator Ron Paul's bill to audit the Fed is gaining much more respect from everyone in Washington DC.

Here's an exerpt from the article:

The subject that has brought him to prominence is the same issue that subjected him to ridicule from establishment Republicans for years: his long-standing opposition to the nation's monetary system and the Federal Reserve Board that prints money and controls its supply.

And while he was once ignored by his political antagonists at the Federal Reserve, Paul is now engaged in a very public policy debate with Fed Chair Ben Bernanke, who has criticized the Texan's legislation in speeches, interviews and an op-ed last month in the Washington Post. Asked about Paul's proposal, the chairman declared it would be “bad for markets, bad for the Fed's credibility, bad for inflation expectations and bad for the dollar.”

What is funny about Helicopter Ben's statement there is ....under his guidance at the FED , havent things actually become worse for the markets as well as the Dollar are concerned ? How would or could this bill worsen the situation ?

Historically , All of these recessions have been are caused by the contraction in money supply which is controlled by none other than the FED and it's predecessor the Bank of the United States.

Look what brought on the war of 1812....it was congress's refusal to renew the charter of the Rothschild controlled/owned Bank of the United States.

Simply look at US History and the struggles of Andrew Jackson for control of the nations money.

Lincoln was assassinated because he went against the PTB and the banking cartel in his printing of money to fund the civil war outside the control of the Banksters whom had purposefully quoted him a ridiculously high interest rate.

This being due to their already having funded the confederates and felt that they could gain control of the govt money supply by orchestrating the outcome of the civil war by stymying the US Govt.

The banking cartel has been financing history in the form of wars since our very own revolutionary war.

Remember the Hessian Mercenaries, who fought for the British against the American Colonists ? The Rothschilds were behind that as well.... and were the money lenders to King Wilhem IX of Germany (Hesse-Hanau).
The Rothschilds claimed the Kings money when Napoleon forced him to leave Germany and flee to Denmark in excile.

I could go on but you get the jist of it....that this control of money, and lending to governments has been going on for a while.

Remember.....The Truth Shall Set You Free !!!!!!!!

www.chron.com...

[edit on 23-12-2009 by nh_ee]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I always wondered if putting Andrew Jackson on the $20 was the Fed's idea of irony. After all, he destroyed the first US central bank.

To a group of bankers:
"Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter, I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves.I intend to rout you out, and by the grace of the Eternal God, will rout you out."

-Andrew Jackson

And another good one from the same man:

"The bold effort the present (central) bank had made to control the government ... are but premonitions of the fate that await the American people should they be deluded into a perpetuation of this institution or the establishment of another like it..."

"I am one of those who do not believe that a national debt is a national blessing, but rather a curse to a republic; inasmuch as it is calculated to raise around the administration a moneyed aristocracy dangerous to the liberties of the country. "

[edit on 12/27/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
God I love Jackson.

Almost as much as Jefferson.

new topics

top topics

join