It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are our young people this stupid? hmmm.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by marsvolta

Actually I think he is onto something. MTV has really helped to ruin a generation. Do you really think the thug lifestyle could have ever become as popular without it? They aren't even a music station anymore....the only thing they offer other than the thug lifestyle and how to be a Ho is...........We are gonna tell ya how to vote and what to wear when to have sex, etc, etc.......and the kids listen. I really feel they did help Obama get elected.....how many kids fell for Rock the Vote and their Rolling Stonesque democratical bias? Right here we have a youth talking about a man having street cred just by being born not white......so only blacks can have street cred? Is having street cred really an important thing for the POTUS to have, damn how did he get it without bling? Anyhow.....wait until 2012, they'll be back with a vengence extolling the virtues of anyone not white, not old, and having street cred, we may not have seen the worst possible President yet.

MTV sucks. so do CNN and Fox News. it`s just a matter of what generation watches which. same sh*t really. you think mainstream News Channels arent helping to ruin "older generation"? of course MTV helped to get Obama elected much like other media. whites can have street cred too, not only blacks. but what does it have to do with being elected? yoof has an access to Internet. there are Last Fm, Pandora, Imeem etc. their are mainstream radios that faciliate ALL MUSIC. I MEAN ALL! music of ALL TIMES, ALL GENRES AND ALL NATIONS!!! MTV just fades near it. i am not defending MTV loving bunch, i am just against painting all issues with a broad brush.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Wow...that's all I can really say. I really can't believe what I just watched. Like a previous poster said Rock the Vote is all over MTV BET and all the networks like that. Has anyone seen this video on the tv and not the internet. It also makes me wonder if they are pushing this type of propaganda in our public schools? Hopefully kids will be able to see threw this bs, but I'm afraid that most will embrace it because it "cool".

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Tis fortunate indeed that many of today's youth aren't that blinkin' stupid... We've had a couple of examples in this very thread...

Today's youth is much like the youth back when I still had some youth... inexperienced, naive to the fact that some want to use them to get something...and after they get it, will have no use for them.

Life generally cures this. These kids will realize it the same way most of us oldsters did, by getting burned...hopefully it won't be too painful.

Occasionally I fear for my nations, if not the worlds, future... But somehow or other, we'll muddle through.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Text I am a firm believer that it is the parents' responsibility [especially in this day and age] to control what your child watches and learns. I believe that if you mold your child into the type of person that will think that crap like "rock the vote" and MTV is just ignorant, then you as a parent won't have much to worry about. If you start your child off with a sturdy foundation and a loving home, you will have contributed more to society then MTV ever will.

<< 1  2   >>

join