It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Advocates of Death and Destruction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
"HEAR YE, HEAR YE! The end is nigh! (fill-in the blank sentence of the possible cause)"

Isn't that bit too familiar way of expressing thoughts here on ATS? So, what about these 'avatars' that are irresistibly intrigued by the end of the world, or end of the humanity? Why are they so anti-life? Are their lives really so miserable, and they are so twisted in character that they wish that everybody else should die amongst them?

Also, I sense a strong stench of faith in those people. Do they consider this life to be suffering, so they yearn for the promised land and the comfortation of death? I am afraid, that their disappointments may strecth afterwards also, because the death may not give them their long wanted satisfaction.

What?!? Life is a great joy and it is only because of you, if you feel that it is miserable.

-v

[edit on 21-12-2009 by v01i0]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

I agree with you, it seems that some people crave these end-of-world scenarios.

I don't, however, believe that it is a lust for death that drives these thoughts. I also don't believe that people who are seemingly waiting for the world to end actually "wish that everybody else should die amongst them".

I think what keeps most people preoccupied with the end of the world is the desire for change. Some people see their chosen armageddon theory as the ultimate end to all of their problems. The day of which their whole life changes.

I don't think they wish to see their neighbour eaten by zombies, though. (Although, how much do you like your neighbour?)

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by GobbledokTChipeater

I appreciate your thoughts and like your avatar

The doomsday would certainly be a change

-v

join