It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

secret societies deeper then illuminati?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Does anyone know/heard of any secret societies deeper/older then the illuminati & Freemasonry?

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by Inf0rm3r]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inf0rm3r
Does anyone know/heard of any secret societies deeper/older then the illuminati?

There are many. The Illuminati isn�t that old, nor was it very secret. From the moment it started getting off the ground, it began to be infiltrated by undercover police and government spies.
As for age, a ton of so-called �secret societies� had existed long before the Illuminati, including Freemasonry.

Fiat Lvx.

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Anybody heard of "The Brotherhood of the Snake"?

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This one? www.2012.com.au...

or here--this is Illuminati News BTW

www.illuminati-news.com...

It also appears to be a book...there are a few more..

users.ev1.net...

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The guy that wrote that site www.illuminati-news.com...

sounds like a NUT!, at the bottom of his site click on SERMONS you get this

www.angelfire.com...

lmao,

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inf0rm3r
The guy that wrote that site www.illuminati-news.com...
sounds like a NUT!, at the bottom of his site click on SERMONS you get this

Most of them are....snake nuts LOL Anyway lots of sites, just not a lot of truth or veracity to them

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The Templar Knights are ought to be older than the Illuminati (at least the Bavarian's ones).

What about the Rosicrucian society? Don't their roots go real far in the past? (ancient egyptian times)

Never been real good at history and dates...

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Some of the oldest societies known use the snake to designate their allegiance. The snake is not a bad omen, and in fact was a sign of the medical knowledge ( the American Medical Association insignia is.... two snakes intertwined and facing each other still) in ancient times.
I think it was Moses that lifted his rod, and it turned into a snake. Eve was tempted by a snake, who (metophor) brought knowledge to humankind, the difference between good and evil.
The snake exists in all cultures, and only recently was it a sign of evil. Egypt worshiped the snake, Sumer, Ethiopia, the aborigines, the cult of ISIS, Mythriac, pretty much everyone. It is one of the oldest traceable signs that humanity used in ancient times.
It is believed to be the oldest continious cult. ( the site wbout the snakes was too bizarre, i stopped reading halfway through. I prefer more history and verifiable source)

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
What about the Rosicrucian society? Don't their roots go real far in the past? (ancient egyptian times)

The early 17th century saw the publication of the first Rosicrucian documents, and it is unlikely that they existed before the late 1500�s. However, the Neo-Platonist and Qabalistic philosophies they adopted were much older than the Society itself.
The Rosicrucians� �Fama� and �Confessio� reflect the Society�s doctrines, which were a blend of Christian mysticism, Alchemy, and anti-Catholicism.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The Illuminati hasn't been known under that name for a long time. In The Hidden Hand, it is clear that the same families - changing occasionally - change the organization's name like you change shirts.

The organization is the oldest effective organization but is still in existence. It just isn't known as "Illuminati."

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Addendum:

I failed to answer the second question. Freemasonry is actually older than the Illuminati. Freemasonry had its beginnings in King Solomon's Temple.

However, the difference is that Freemasonry isn't out to take over the world. The Illuminati had its beginning with certain Freemasons who failed to honor the principles of Freemasonry. Masons' purposes are honorable, whereas the Illuminati (under other names) sought, and still seeks, money and global power.

Money is the over-riding object. According to a Saudi family member now living and teaching at a college in Central Florida near Orlando), who abandoned his Royal family and the organization, the organization has no interest in politics or any particular country. Its primary reason-to-be is to gain monetary advantage at any price, and its secondary goal is to retain its secrecy in doing so.

What is commonly referred to as the "Illuminati" is a worldwide confederation of families from different races and countries, all of whom are engaged in that one overriding purpose.

I am not a conspiracy theorist but I know this man personally and have heard him speak at length about his past family affiliations. He has been cut off from Royal family money as a result of going public and lives comfortably as a college professor, although not at the level that he had been accustomed to before moving to the United States.

www.onealclan.com

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
2012, your illumination of the Illuminati has almost as much merit, and accuracy as your list of Famous Masons contained on YOUR website (often referenced anonymously). It's always best to fully disclose affiliations, and agendas in a forthright manner, lest someone mistake your efforts for something, shall we say underhanded? As the highly esteemed ML, and the recently frolic(icky) AK have previously posted, a historical look at the Illuminati in unbiased fashion. I know this is dry reading, and won't have the paranoid looking over their shoulders, but what can you do? Well not to disappoint, here's the juicy stuff that could produce the "Mother of All Secret Society Posts". Have fun, and remember, we're watching.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
very dry reading indeed

I iwsh I had enough time to become"illuminated" on all these secret societies....I hate secrets

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
A couple of points from this frolicy green bean (me!):

1) A lot of people say they hate secrets when they're thinking about something they want to know, but do you really hate secrets? Would you like everyone you know to know everything about you, all your private thoughts and beliefs, all the indiscretions you may have committed in grade school, that time you wet the bed (not that you did, I'm just saying this for illustration)? Would you like every pretty woman who passed you to know exactly what you're thinking about her? Would you like your family's private arguments broadcast over the whole neighborhood? Would you like your sexual life and your time in the bathroom videotaped and broadcast at your local theatre?

2) I'm afraid the only way to become "Illuminated" about anything is to take a deep breath and plunge in to the "dry" stuff. Soon, you'll find it's a lot more interesting than you thought, and you'll wonder why you were ever interested in sensationalism more than you were in serious study. (not that serious study is the only thing: As MM teaches us, putting on your fez and looking at a lady's boots is also sometimes important)

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join