It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change Is Natural: 100 Reasons Why - daily express

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Here is an interesting list detailing why climate change is natural and that man made climate change is not proven . I won't bother pasting all the points so check the link.

100 Reasons Why Climate Change Is Natural

Here is a video also which shows the temperate of earth going back tens of thousands of years showing the natural cycle our climate

Apologies if this has been posted i couldn't find any other thread on this

It really does seem the debate is heating up and more people are now doubting the man made global warming hoax , quite contrary to earlier this year imo

Cheers

[edit on 15/12/09 by dallas18]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
That article. is. trash.

The title attempts to mislead the reader by saying they'll provide 100 reasons proving why climate change is natural, while many of the "facts" have little or nothing to do natural systems. Here's some examples of the teams middle-school level work, remember, the title of the article is "100 Reasons Why Climate Change is Natural:

"65) The globe’s current approach to climate change in which major industrialised countries agree to nonsensical targets for their CO2 emissions by a given date, as it has been under the Kyoto system, is very expensive."

"71) Despite the 1997 Kyoto Protocol’s status as the flagship of the fight against climate change it has been a failure. "

-okay, so the Kyoto Protocol has been unsuccessful, that's why countries are meeting in Copenhagen right now

79) Since the cause of global warming is mostly natural, then there is in actual fact very little we can do about it. (We are still not able to control the sun).

-who are they trying to inform here? Preschoolers?

89) It is a myth that CO2 is a pollutant, because nitrogen forms 80% of our atmosphere and human beings could not live in 100% nitrogen either: CO2 is no more a pollutant than nitrogen is and CO2 is essential to life.

-CO2 has NEVER been a pollutant. It is a greenhouse gas, and anthropogenic carbon dioxide HAS and IS contributing to climate change

Sorry, but this article is stupid. Wait I'm not sorry. Climate change is real and it pisses me off that people are still arguing its existence. Citizens of developed nations will have an easy time adapting, but the people that are really going to be affected are the citizens of the Maldives and low-lying nations, not to mention Sub-Saharan women farmers.

climate change is no conspiracy

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Climate change is evidently real, look at the ice ages, medieval warm period , the question is whether we are causing it or if it is just natural . I am not convinced we are causing it, the science is not settled. Why is there such a division amongst scientists and general population about this ? Surely if it was proven there wouldn't be.

US declares CO2 pollutant, clears way for cuts

AGW is a conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheScribe

Climate change is real

I do not disagree with this statement.

What I disagree with is the BS and lies that what we are seeing is entirely and 100% the result of man putting CO2 into the atmosphere.

So we reduce our output to 1990 levels. Then what? Global cooling is real (as reported widely in the 70s in the same way) the planet cools and they say "told you so!"?

As was shown in another thread - there is insufficient energy from the sun to cause even a 2 degree rise assuming all the energy that would have escaped was trapped in the bit of CO2 above the 250 ppm level (which is impossible and demonstrated to not be happening).

The energy shortfall even assuming 100% absorbtion over 100 years was 102 times too little from the sun to make it happen.

Assuming 100% absorbtion above 250 ppm (impossible) it means that for the energy that IS available the planet can only warm 1/102 x 2 degrees, or ~0.019 degrees as a result of CO2 in the next 100 years.

Therefore, CO2 is **NOT** the problem and everything being said about CO2 is BS!

Numbers do not lie. Politicians do. I know which I believe.

EDIT: Given the revelations of Tony Blair and the inquiry into the Iraq war, you'd think people wouldn't be stupid enough to listen to politicians. Seems they are.

They are even dumber given that politicians admit quite openly that they know zip about science, yet talk about it as if they are world experts, then hide behind discredited scientists when they're pushed on something.

Let us not also forget the revelation of the drug advisor to the UK Government who was sacked only last month because he dared to say that '___' and Cocaine are less dangerous than alcohol or tobacco. The reason he was removed from the post was "because he didn't say what we want to hear" and "that is not the message we want to get across", even though the science behind his comments was actually sound.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheScribe
That article. is. trash.

The title attempts to mislead the reader by saying they'll provide 100 reasons proving why climate change is natural, while many of the "facts" have little or nothing to do natural systems. Here's some examples of the teams middle-school level work, remember, the title of the article is "100 Reasons Why Climate Change is Natural:

"65) The globe’s current approach to climate change in which major industrialised countries agree to nonsensical targets for their CO2 emissions by a given date, as it has been under the Kyoto system, is very expensive."

"71) Despite the 1997 Kyoto Protocol’s status as the flagship of the fight against climate change it has been a failure. "

-okay, so the Kyoto Protocol has been unsuccessful, that's why countries are meeting in Copenhagen right now

79) Since the cause of global warming is mostly natural, then there is in actual fact very little we can do about it. (We are still not able to control the sun).

-who are they trying to inform here? Preschoolers?

89) It is a myth that CO2 is a pollutant, because nitrogen forms 80% of our atmosphere and human beings could not live in 100% nitrogen either: CO2 is no more a pollutant than nitrogen is and CO2 is essential to life.

-CO2 has NEVER been a pollutant. It is a greenhouse gas, and anthropogenic carbon dioxide HAS and IS contributing to climate change

Sorry, but this article is stupid. Wait I'm not sorry. Climate change is real and it pisses me off that people are still arguing its existence. Citizens of developed nations will have an easy time adapting, but the people that are really going to be affected are the citizens of the Maldives and low-lying nations, not to mention Sub-Saharan women farmers.

That's right. But I think the whole "global warming man made" claim is an attempt at hiding the truth from the people. Maybe you do, but there is not a lot of people who knows we could be headed to an ice age. MSM fails at providing the info. That's the conspiracy!

I think this article is more about global warming than climate change, and it makes extremely good points, even if some are evasive or imprecise. I like the data falsification part.
edit on 27-12-2010 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join