It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North American 2008 Cooling Attributed to Natural Cause

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Ohhh, this explains it. Wait.... what???

Cooler North American temperatures in 2008 resulted from a strong natural effect, and the overall warming trend that has been observed since 1970 is likely to resume, according to university and NOAA scientists.

“We found that North American coolness resulted from a strong bout of naturally caused cooling in the tropical and northeastern Pacific sea surface temperatures,” said Martin Hoerling, a NOAA meteorologist and co-author. “This illustrates how regional patterns can vary independent of the overall global average. In 2008, global land temperatures were the sixth warmest on record, whereas it was the coldest year in North America since 1996.”
(I added the bold print)

What caused this so called "naturally caused cooling" of the sea surface.
www.noaanews.noaa.gov...

Really, do they think everyone is an idiot? What about 2009? I see no where in this article that accounts for 2009. Also, this doesn't even explain Europe. The article only mentions North America.

Freezing temperatures have caused chaos across Europe

www.telegraph.co.uk...
Another desperate attempt to cover the truth. Only time will prove them wrong. I wonder how they will try to explain the coming years, could be very amusing to hear. What say you my fellow ATSers?

[edit on 15-12-2009 by sickofitall2012]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
How will they explain it?

They already have it covered, Climate Change. Trust our numbers, scientists don't lie.

Plus, they have the acolytes to spread their religion, you should see a few here any moment. They cannot let your heresy go unpunished. You will be converted or given an ultimatum. Believe and pay your tithe, heretic!

Oh, and by the way, here is that petroleum jelly you will be needing.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It really doesn't make any sense. They have been saying for almost a decade now how we are all going to die in a fiery inferno and if that doesn't get us the rising sea waters will and according to their "models" there should be no cooling trend at all. Bunch of BS is what it is.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

LOL

Thanks, I may need a large jar!!! Because there is a lot of BS they will force us to.... take.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I like how this article only briefly mentions the fact that they are attributing the cooling of the North American land mass to cooling in the surrounding oceans.

Oh noes, but I thought the oceans were warming too! So, exactly which part of the world is warming up?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NoEXcUseS

See what I mean? This is the biggest load of crap. Do they not realize that this "explanation" is completely a bunch of gibberish?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Yep while it is snowing in copenhagen, right at this time, lol.

Another global warming conference hit by snow, lol.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
The freezing temperatures in europe , North America , North Asia all because of one thing : Gulf Stream.

I will explain about the stream once I can create threads , but know this. The stream is getting weaker and also it's starting to move south. The NAC is the only thing that holds the Arctic air masses in place. If Gulf stream stops or moves south , the NAC would fail destroying the barrier and releasing the frozen air masses of Arctic.

new topics

top topics

join