It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

22 dead in Pakistan market blast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

22 dead in Pakistan market blast

www.cnn.com

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- An explosion killed at least 22 people and wounded 60 others Tuesday in the central Pakistani city of Dera Ghazi Khan, said a rescue service official.

The dead included two children, three women and 17 men, said, Mubarak Ali Athar, the regional police chief in Dera Ghazi Khan. Three people were critically injured, he said.

The blast ripped through a market located near the house of a senior adviser to the chief minister of Punjab province, said the official, Mohammed Hasnain.

The adviser, Sardar Zulfiqar Muhammad Khosa, is a former provincial governor and
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I dont know what to say really. Im angry.....but for a number of reasons. I believe that YES terrorists must be rid of but theres loads we are unable to understand. Not mentioning names etc but what about the organisations that are using the "Terrorist" excuse to gain motion? What if the so called terror attacks turned out to be government led group to gain ground on their ultimate goal. I made a post yesterday regarding this. How is it the worlds in a recession yet the governments still have the cash to throw around for war yet things that matter close to home are ignored? Another thing i was thinking about last night and for a while now is this......Whats to say Barrak Obama knows anything that we dont? He is going to be monitored big time after all he`s only president for a year or so? The people that run the government knows exactly whos next in line. I have no problem with skin colour or non of that b..sh.t but as far as religion is concerned i think that its just a cause of un neccesary death, why not just agree to disagree?We all have our own beliefs and no matter how many people are killed its not gonna change faith, its simply who we all are. Whatever the ultimate goal i wish they would just STOP and ask themselves "Is this really worth it"?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I have never understood the logic in blowing up makrets full of people, I would hope, you were trying to rally to your cause. If it is terrorists then where is the lgic? is it control by fear they desire?

Its such a horrible thing to do and likely only brings an escalation of oppression or a military response of some kind. Whenever this happens I can only think of the people there going about their day to suddenly be gone because someone, whoever it may be(government, terrorist org.) was heartless enough to do it.

Maybe I am young and ignorant to the ways of the world but violence seems to only ever beget more violence and brings misery and despair with it. What is the upshot of all that? What good can be expected from destruction and death?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by enca78

Enca, THANK_YOU!!!!

today i was running my own little experiment, i saw this news this morning on CNN, CBC and my usual morning news outlets. I then came to ATS and didnt see a word which is weird because its 22 people murdered in a blast, pretty note worthy news event.
I was seeing how many pointless, useless, nothing to do with anything, threads started before someone would mention a real event.
So your the first, thank-you for re-instating some faith in this place.
I too am appalled by these acts.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It makes me sick. This site has opened my eyes to everything and i mean everything. I dont know whats worse knowing and not being able to do anything about it or surrounded by a mirage where everyone has their eyes shut? All of this has been carefully orchestrated to the letter. The 911 incident was the catalyst to get the "people" to back the first move, then we the Brits jumped on the band wagon. Im going to be honest here because the tactic worked and for what im about to say is chance to get me kicked off here.....but..... When the 911 WTC "terrorist" attack happened i hated them, the hatred was placed, the seed was planted and for the following years i continued to hate hate hate. Basically i was led or should i say brainwashed into a way of thinkin that wasnt me. I had a major hang up with religions especially those hell bent on killing. Now after doing research and the input from people here on ATS i have been able to see eerything in a whole different light. I see the game and the lengths that people are willing to go to to simple get their way. I want to say thanks to all on here, and i mean it.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Nothing but a bunch of cowards.

They are too scared to take on the forces that are after them. Instead they prefer to go after innocent people.

People always want to talk about human rights violations. It is cowards like the ones who set these kind of bombs that deserve no kind of human rights protection.

They are the worst of the worst and deserve everything that is coming to them.

top topics

join