It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Logical Fallacies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

I think you should be forced to read and understand this list before being allowed to post.

It seems to me that a large proportion of arguments on ATS could be solved if people understood the fallacies on this list.

And I'm only kind of joking

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
You sir/mame/boy/girl have made my day!!! I hope your not kidding because im pretty sure alot of people here could use this list.
I s & f because of the humour, but the information is real

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
You know that list is the single most important thing for a politician.

They use it everyday to instill their idiocy upon the world.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I love the demanding negative proof, screams of our religious threads lol

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by seethelight

Now thats an informing list!

I like this one, for title alone.

If-by-whiskey: An argument that supports both sides of an issue by using terms that are selectively emotionally sensitive.

Source

Alot of ideas I get are from the influnce of whiskey...Hmm...[/joking]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Nice list - I had never seen such long. I can argue with some statements but as basic reference or troll beating weapon its lovely. No Star but Flag for sure.
Thanks.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Years ago a guy handed my ass to me with this list... I swore never again..

Glad you guys like it... it's totally invaluable!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
One more thing, if the "Negative proof fallacy" was banned, ATS would have maybe 5 posts a day.

---The argument from ignorance,[1] also known as argumentum ad ignorantiam ("appeal to ignorance"[1][2]), argument by lack of imagination, or negative evidence,[1] is a logical fallacy in which it is claimed that a premise is true only because it has not been proven false, or is false only because it has not been proven true.---

Sound familiar?

[edit on 15-12-2009 by seethelight]

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I do not care that this thread is 2+ years old. I agree with OP. I searched for this on ATS tonight, hoping the search engine wouldn't find it, so that I could create this thread. Instead I will Flag it in the hopes that some members of this site will take the time to read OP's link, and think twice before "wasting" a post. Aren't the majority of us tired of sifting through pages and pages of garbage to find a decent, well thought out thread/topic/post?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
likewise POV en.wikipedia.org...

And I'm only kind of joking
Like talks in parables ..Why? '..it reduces the noise immunity. ' of the others' measure of o1 when you remove the 0's place to countings on/off 1
..occult talk of layers levels labellings leveling...?!

reply to post by seethelight

en.wikipedia.org...
"...in ground potential between transmitter and receiver do not affect the receiver's ability to detect the signal.

en.wikipedia.org...
For other uses, see Occult (disambiguation).

The word occult comes from the Latin word occultus (clandestine, hidden, secret), referring to "knowledge of the hidden".[1] In the medical sense it is used to refer to a structure or process that is hidden, e.g. an "occult

Differential_signaling
en.wikipedia.org...
Suitability for use with low-voltage electronics
To see why, consider a single-ended digital system with supply voltage Vs. The high logic level is Vs. and the low logic level is 0 V . The difference between the two levels is therefore Vs - 0 V = Vs .. Now consider a differential system with the same supply voltage.

In a system with a differential receiver, desired signals add and noise is subtracted away..

The voltage difference in the high state, where one wire is at Vs and the other at 0 V, is Vs - 0 V = Vs. . The voltage difference in the low state, where the voltages on the wires are exchanged, is 0 V - Vs = - Vs. The difference between high and low logic levels is therefore
Vs - (- Vs) = 2Vs. . This is twice the difference of the single-ended
system. Supposing that the voltage noise on one wire is uncorrelated to the noise on the other one, the result is that it takes twice as much noise to cause an error with the differential system as with the single-ended system. In other words, the noise immunity is doubled.
Resistance to electromagnetic interference
Point_of_view_(literature) en.wikipedia.org...(literature)

Logical Measures of 1 and Fair divisionS
edit on 16-3-2012 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

1 ^ nu-meR
8 0o0o oo V
0 % ^ vv e
oo ~ ~ ~ °
"degree" of truth – logic[0,1]

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
what is this

en.wikipedia.org...
...a lack of soundness?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nii900

A lack of concurrence.

Or a just a free ride on a turtle.

top topics

join