It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Install Your Own Plug and Play PV System From Lowes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The Link

Now, for the first time, Lowe's sells all the pieces to these systems so Do-It Yourselfers across California can purchase their own Andalay panels and install them one panel at a time as funds (or free time) are available.

21 Lowe's shops across California now carry Anadalay PV panels and Lowe's plans to expand their Energy Centers throughout the US and Canada in 2010. When you go to Lowe's Energy Center now, there is an electronic kiosk that can help you get started, by estimating your home's solar and wind potential as well as helping you design and size your system. They also sell products to help you measure your energy use and reduce consumption first before purchasing a PV system.

Don't forget, unless you are an electrician or have previous electrical experience, you will still need an electrician to install the inverter, the disconnects and to tie the system into your main service, or into your battery backup system.

The Andalay panels retail for $893 USD each before rebates and tax returns. All of the racking and materials will be sold on the aisles next to the solar panels at Lowes.

One step closer to an everyday commodity, solar takes another big step forward. Exciting news for solar enthusiasts like me. Perhaps I will log-off and hit up Lowes.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Plug N play solar systems seem like a great idea to me. A great reason why so many people are not hooking up the PV systems now are because of the electronics education one must obtain first. Plug and play would allow people to plug it and play.

new topics

join