It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution, Enviroment & Human races.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
So over a long period of time humans across the world have adapted to their environments and built specific characteristics withing their homelands and countries which is where difference races come into play. its obvious. With the help of the sex and alcohol drivin and media and techonology, over the last 100 years have we started to mix races.. If it wasnt for techonology and exploration we very much would continue to evolve and adapt further into a defining race and with more time an unrecognizable species to the other evolved counterparts.... My own personal preference is within my own race, and by talking to several friends the majority feel the same way. i dont find other races attractive, even tho with the help of media and alcohol i have found myself kissing other races.

this post was inspired by another post i just read in this forum section involving finches who have built differentiating characteristics withing their communities on each separate islands and now longer are interested in the other races of the same species on different islands.. fortunately these birds dont have to worry about sex drivin media and getting hammered and waking up to another species beside them in their nest.. what do you guys think?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Jesus, if I had a dime for every time I woke up next to a different species I'd be a millionaire, and that's when a million dollars was allot of money. But hey what do you want, i was a sailor. I'm just amazed that I didn't wake up with more than one different species. I hear they got crabs the size of locusts in Mississippi.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by hautmess

Races are not species. Species cannot interbreed and produce viable offspring.

There is nothing to discuss here. And this is just another filthy, revolting racist thread.

[edit on 14/12/09 by Astyanax]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by hautmess a bunch of words

you are clearly misinformed, here read this:

There is only 1 race: the human one...

The researchers looked at one of the most racially mixed populations in the world for their study, which found there was no way to look at someone's genes and determine his or her race. Brazilians include people of European, African and Indian, or Amerindian, descent.

"There is wide agreement among anthropologists and human geneticists that, from a biological standpoint, human races do not exist," Sergio Pena and colleagues wrote in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

According to the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science, Office of Biological and Environmental Research, Human Genome Program,

DNA studies do not indicate that separate classifiable subspecies (races) exist within modern humans. While different genes for physical traits such as skin and hair color can be identified between individuals, no consistent patterns of genes across the human genome exist to distinguish one race from another. There also is no genetic basis for divisions of human ethnicity. People who have lived in the same geographic region for many generations may have some alleles in common, but no allele will be found in all members of one population and in no members of any other.

In other words, while the concept of separate human sub-species called "races" was developed four hundred years ago, during a time when white supremacists and the slave trade were seeking to justify the enslavement of Blacks, as well as the social, economic and political exaltation of whites, however, the most recent in-depth study of human DNA ever completed has shown that "race" does not exist.

Hope that clears up your thoughts , fellow human

[edit on 14-12-2009 by XyZeR]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
As a person of multi-racial background, I find your thread to be offending truthfully. Be careful with your word choices, brah!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaninE.G
As a person of multi-racial background

"race" does not exist, yet you post that you're from "multi-racial" background...

Be careful with your word choices, brah!

Not to sound offending or condescending ....here's a thought:
practice what you preach (i mean about choosing your words carefully
)

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I see race linked with sex chromosome. I will fail to produce off spring that have the y chromosome of a white or black man - even if I can have an off spring with a white or black woman. And I suppose without my own y chromosome, my people would have failed to first leave Asian and arrive in the new world.

Yes, I have a multi-racial background, but as an off spring, I had only one type of sex chromosome that differs from other people.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
you need a different point of view, one that is not so negative..

i'm the least racist person ever,

i'm sorry that i said i'm not attracted to other races.. i dont think that is racist. its just the truth. i didnt say i find the revolting, i just am not attracted to them.... i am also not attracted to the opposite sex? does that make me sexist?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR

Originally posted by hautmess a bunch of words

you are clearly misinformed, here read this:

There is only 1 race: the human one...

The researchers looked at one of the most racially mixed populations in the world for their study, which found there was no way to look at someone's genes and determine his or her race. Brazilians include people of European, African and Indian, or Amerindian, descent.

"There is wide agreement among anthropologists and human geneticists that, from a biological standpoint, human races do not exist," Sergio Pena and colleagues wrote in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

According to the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science, Office of Biological and Environmental Research, Human Genome Program,

DNA studies do not indicate that separate classifiable subspecies (races) exist within modern humans. While different genes for physical traits such as skin and hair color can be identified between individuals, no consistent patterns of genes across the human genome exist to distinguish one race from another. There also is no genetic basis for divisions of human ethnicity. People who have lived in the same geographic region for many generations may have some alleles in common, but no allele will be found in all members of one population and in no members of any other.

In other words, while the concept of separate human sub-species called "races" was developed four hundred years ago, during a time when white supremacists and the slave trade were seeking to justify the enslavement of Blacks, as well as the social, economic and political exaltation of whites, however, the most recent in-depth study of human DNA ever completed has shown that "race" does not exist.

Hope that clears up your thoughts , fellow human

[edit on 14-12-2009 by XyZeR]

thankyou for that source!!! but what inspired this topic was this other topic....

[edit on 14-12-2009 by hautmess]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by hautmess
you need a different point of view, one that is not so negative..

i'm the least racist person ever,

i'm sorry that i said i'm not attracted to other races.. i dont think that is racist. its just the truth. i didnt say i find the revolting, i just am not attracted to them.... i am also not attracted to the opposite sex? does that make me sexist

No it just makes you a person with narrow parameters of attraction.

Which truthfully is your loss.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I think you guys use out dated references when referring to scientist talking about the non existences of race. It has come back, though the discovery of pharmaceutical drugs targeting race, in a scientific way that races do matter in science. Though using this fact to justify negative racism, I would have to object that science has suggested that route by acknowledging race.

Races exist; get over it.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Races are species - Common Sense

Akhil Bkshai claims the races evolved from different ancestors.

A PUBLIC CLAIM by a fellow of the prestigious Royal Geographic Society that humans did not all come from Africa — and that blacks, whites and Asians have different ancestors — has been dismissed by world experts as “dangerous,” “wrong” and “racist.” (ILLUSTRATION: Two women, two species? Women from New Guinea and Greece respectively.)

nationalvanguard.org...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

Races do exist - One reason why I hate Marxists & Multicultural scumbags

www.articlesafari.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
From my understanding of the current definition of "Species", separate species can sometimes interbreed, but not produce viable (fertile) offspring.

In this sense, races are not separate species.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but I couldn't hear you over the sound of the ridiculous levels of ignorance contained in this post.

1: Genetically, skin tone is hardly a trait
2: Genetically, each 'race' is incredibly diverse
3: 'Race' is a social construct, there's not much too it genetically.

White people aren't uniformly similar
Black people aren't uniformly similar
Eastern Asians aren't uniformly similar
Pacific Islanders aren't uniformly similar
Etc etc etc.

The 'races' are insanely stupid metrics by which to measure individuals.
I'm sorry at how sloppy this is, but it's just so ignorant that I can't help but spew out a stream of consciousness as opposed to my typically more precise posts.

Also, this isn't even in the right forum. Bigoted ideas based upon an ignorant concept of skin color having some sort of meaning have nothing to do with Origins and Creationism, you're just contorting a low level of understanding of human evolution with some ridiculous prejudices that you cannot possibly justify.

The real conspiracy here is the twisted view of evolution used to justify some forms of racism.

...I wish ATS still had the vomit emoticon.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by hautmess
what do you guys think?

I'm white, I don't care which race the girl belongs to...but I really like the my girls perma-tanned

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Race is not a social construct. If it is than please explain why certain races sexually mature sooner than other races. Please explain why some races have higher levels of sex hormones than other races. Also explain why different races of humans have different bone densities. Please explain how a social construct makes it so a certain race will respond to certain medications while others will not. Science has now found that doctors need to take into consideration the race of an individual when prescribing medications for certain ailments.

Race is a biological construct. That is not racist. Stating a fact is just that, stating a fact. (dictionary.reference.com...)

www.scientificamerican.com...
www.forbes.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Are you going to tell me that all of those things you just mentioned apply universally to socially constructed 'race' groups?

Can you please show me that all people of Africa trend in that manner?

The concept of 'race' in society trends around skin tone. Genetic variation tends towards geography. The more geographically distant groups are along their lineages the more genetically different they will be. Thus, Africans living in South African and Africans living the Ivory Coast will not be similar.

Are you going to say that Scots and Greeks are different 'races'? They're quite easy to distinguish visually and have quite a few different genetic markers, yet they aren't called different 'races'.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

You are totally off. I had stated that race is not a social construct as someone else had stated. I said that race is a biological construct meaning that there are different races of humans each containing biological differences. The person that said race is a social construct is implying that there are NO races but only 1 race, the human race. I strongly disagree with that because there ARE biological differences amongst the races.

The concept of race does not trend around "skin tone" alone. Please reread my first post, over and over again if you need to because there I indirectly list the differences in the races therefore backing my argument that race is not a social construct. Certain races physically and sexualy mature faster than other races. Is that a social construct? NO, it is a biological construct. One race has more fast twitch muscle fiber than other races. Social construct? NO, a biological construct. ETC...

The example you gave of the Africans from the different areas is correct, somewhat. But the fact is is that, yes the do have their differences but, they all tend to sexually mature at the same rate, have the same amount of fast twitch and slow twitch muscle fibers, have on average the same bone density, have on average the same cranial capacity etc. Compare those with a Caucasoid or a Mongoloid and you will have larger differences, hence a biological difference, hence race is a biological construct not a social construct.
edit on 14-12-2010 by kimish because: (no reason given)

And to the people that say that we all must be one race otherwise we wouldn't be able to produce viable offspring, there is evidence that suggest the homo sapiens sapiens have interbred with neanderthal with evidence suggest that their offspring were viable. After thousands of years it is possible for a mutation(s) to occur to allow viable offspring from different species. As far as the "Out of Africa" theory, please take into consideration all the evidence that has been buried or thrown away that would go against this theory. Science is not %100 correct. That could work against my arguments but than again it could also work with it.

just my two cents

edit on 14-12-2010 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Yep, the "races" are just the product of those populations becoming isolated and adapting to their environment although what makes someone one race or another in society is more based on superficial physical appearance than actual genetic differences. Here's one of my favorite articles regarding human evolution, its about the Tibetan people who have adapted to thrive at very inhospitable altitudes.

Genes Explain Why Tibetans Thrive

edit on 14-12-2010 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join