It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increased military activity in my back yard.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Just over a month ago I was standing in my back yard which I do many times daily (as I have a disgusting habit called smoking) when I heard a helicopter. This isn't abnormal because I live between two major hospitals and a Med-Star aka. life flight patient air transport center is very active near by.

When I looked up however, I saw a twin-prop helicopter painted identical to the ones you see on the ARMY recruiting commercials. I did a little googling and the best I can tell is that it is a CH-47 chinook much like this:

A few weeks later we had drills conducted at all hours of the night involving helicopters that I could not identify. They were flying extremely low, had no running lights, were black, and could barely be seen after dark. The only flaw these things had was the fact that moon light reflected off the blades on the prop, otherwise you would be able to hear it without seeing it. I believe these drills are being reported on in other places on the west coast as well.

Tonight we had a military fighter circling the city (something around the size of an F-16 or F-22), none of this is normal for my area. When the drills were conducted police were flooded with calls from people thinking we were going to get bombed or invaded. Interesting enough, nothing on the news about it.

Has anyone else been experiencing anything like this in their areas?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldDisorder

not to be rude but if it was dark..how would you know if they were black?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Any chance of giving us an idea as to where you're from ?

Where I live there is constant air traffic from helicopters, jet fighters and the like, so I would never know if something strange was going on unless tanks were literally rolling down the street.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by polychronopolis]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by indy0725

no offense taken.

i know they were black because they were active until the late hours of the morning, the low flying operations (if that's what we can call it) took place at night. i don't know what they were doing during the day but they were quite a bit higher in the sky.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

The sound like MH-6 Little Birds, based on the Hughes 500 helicopter. But they aren`t black, they`re dark green, that can be confused for black. Black is actually a bad color to paint it because it stands out. The dark green blends in better.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I checked the MH-6 out on google and I think you're absolutely right! Do you know exactly what they use these things for in terms of domestic operations?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
So far that sounds like standard training operations. If your in the Seattle area as your sidebar indicates then you're near several large installations, any one of which could be doing training right now. When I was living in the states it wasn't abnormal to see such operations even in cities that were not very large military centers.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Training. The Little Birds are used by JSOC to transport troops, usually either Delta or another Spec Ops unit. They are also used as gunships for fire support.They`re operated by the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Nightstalkers). That`s the same unit portrayed in Blackhawk Down.

[edit on 12/14/2009 by Zaphod58]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I don't understand how this happened.. I've been researching this out since the night it happened and now things are clicking.

From the information you gave me I found an article on the 160th SOAR and their 4th Battalion is located at Fort Lewis, WA which is not far from here.

They have a list of contact names and information, do you think they would humor me if I called and asked if they had conducted a training exercise here?

And seriously, thank you again for the information!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

Feel free to put me in whatever category you want for what I'm about to say, but when you step out on your porch at 3 am and have a fleet of military choppers flying around at treetop level it doesn't exactly give you a warm feeling inside.

I'm not a paranoid type of guy, but with some of the executive orders passed in congress between Nixon and Obama, let's be honest.. you never know when S might HTF.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

They`re usually pretty good about answering questions like that. Don`t expect much about the exercise, but they should say they were having one. They usually can`t talk about the exercise objectives, because of who they work with.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
It really depends on what is going on with training operations and where you are in the country. In San Diego people think nothing of getting buzzed at all hours same with the DC area and anywhere else there is a large military presence. However it happens elsewhere too. I was in Milwaukee for a period of time, and there isn't too much aside from guard bases and an engineers base there but from time to time we got buzzed by blackhawks and the like too. It just comes from living in a country with a large military. They do have to train sometime after all.

Also exactly what executive orders are you talking about that Mr. Obama has issued regarding the freedom of the American people and using the military upon them? I'm a journalist and I haven't been aware of any major changes in policy regarding rights or the use of military force within the United States lately.

Addendum: Executive Orders do not pass through congress at all in the United States, they are special declarations made by the president directly. I am also unaware of any bills that would particularly limit freedoms or change military usage within the USA proper as well though. Unless you are somehow referring to something to do with the healthcare reform bill some how maybe?

[edit on 14-12-2009 by ProjectJimmy]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

It's good to here that as patriots our questions can still be answered without opening a can of worms. I'm going to check this out later today and will get back to you.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

Obama hasn't passed anything all that sinister yet, it was just a broad window of orders that have been passed. You can see every order Obama has signed on the federal register web site:

www.archives.gov...

As far as orders and congress, you seem a bit more on the up and up than I am. I was always told that they had to go through congress, but that was a friend during Bush's first-term.. in high school.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

The military always tries hard to work with the community, and give warning before major exercises that will bother people. As long as you don`t ask anything they can`t answer anyway.

join