It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the Camp attebury FEMA camp covered up on Google earth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Was looking at the area around the military base close to home and noticed that google earth has part of it covered with a photo from an earlier date. I find this amazing because this is right next to a main public road, and only 1/2 mile from small town.
i drive past this area 2-3 times a week. And this compound has been there Since late summer 2006. what they are hiding looks like it could be a prison camp of some sorts. Dirt embankments, razor wire fences, guard towers etc.

The Gate in the picture on the main road does not have a guard shack, and is normaly closed. I know this is on military property because 3 years ago i delivered 20-30 loads of stone into that gate. about 2 miles or so back into the base area.
Also notice the trees planted in the third pic along the inside of the main fence along the road to Hide the compound.

The images that google earth has in the timeline cannot be correct either.

If you start at the begining with the 1998 image you will see only a road running East-West.

Then in the 2005 image you see a turn around or loop in the south west corner.

The march 2005 image does not show the loop.

The june 2006 image shows the begining stages of the compound being built. also shows vehicles parked along the tree line and road on the east side of the area. It is also the same image used for february 2007. (Indiana does not have green trees in february)

The 2009 Image is the same as the 2005 image.
WHY? would they go to that much trouble to cover up something in plain site?
Could this be the alleged FEMA camp that is supposed to be at the base?
Seems like it is very strange, Also there is a railroad unloading area about one mile from there that is fenced off, although the main part of the railroad can be accessed within 500 feet of the fenced off area.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by triaxrob]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I have no idea. it seems strange that the pic says it's from 2009 when it clearly has buildings nearby and there i none in GE. Here are the coordinates 39°21'46.32"N 86° 4'17.17"W

Kind of makes you wonder if Google was instructed to cover it up, hat are they really doing out there.. Hmm I think you should do some local investigation. Follow the folks to their local bars then when they lave ask the bartender.. people get drunk and talk.. bartender know everything.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Yes if you go into street view you can see the buildings. and they are only a few hundred yards off the road.

I know that if you look at GE from that location and follow the drive that goes south(on the west side of the area) there are training areas that are not covered. Weapons ranges for machine guns artillery and such, also a small area made to be like a little village. I just dont understand the reason for hiding this site. They have over 33000 acres so why not build it farther inland. They also do training for "HOMELAND SECURITY" there.Which is a big red flag in my book.

The Local bar is not one i would care to go into, And there is a bar on base that the military uses along with alot of the civilian empolyees. Nobody around the area knows what it is or wants to tell if they do.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Well if it is still an active military site, then I can see the reasoning of Google covering up the top view so people don't get a layout of the base in case they wanted to do something bad.

I remember something a while back about the military changing their policy to not allow military bases to be viewed from above or something like that.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
If you look around on GE you will notice that the base (everything south of cr750) is visible. Weapons storage, bomb ranges, air strip, everything. So i dont think that would be the case. Also if they(google) were told to edit it then i would think they would have edited street view also. so no structures were visible.
here is the base website.
Camp Atterbury
here is a pic of the base.

Edited to include link to base website.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
well according to CT " logic " it isnt a ` fema camp ` as the barbed wire on the fence is angled out not in

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
Well if it is still an active military site, then I can see the reasoning of Google covering up the top view so people don't get a layout of the base in case they wanted to do something bad.

I remember something a while back about the military changing their policy to not allow military bases to be viewed from above or something like that.

I agree - of course dozens, or hundreds, of companies are "in on it" no matter what "it" is.

Same with the Norway thing a few days ago... Russian launch? ya right
So many lies

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I think they are tearing out a hazardous waste area . bing maps shows everything gone except the dirt

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
OK i can understand what you are saying about the fence. But that is just the perimiter fence around the entire base. There is an inner fence not visable from google street view.
the barbed wire on it points inward if i remember correctly.

Also bing maps does show the area in full detail where google does not.
I did not know about bing maps. Also raises the question why would google have it covered and bing doesnt.

Heres the bing snapshot

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
This is really strange. I don't know why they would want to keep it that big of a secret. It just seems that in the past couple of years that more and more of these FEMA camps are turning up. Why do we have them? why do they all seem to look alike? All i can think about is the holocaust especially because of the railroads leading to them all.

also there are plenty of videos and pictures found on the internet of such camp like military bases...why are they so worried about google earth?

[edit on 12-12-2009 by ElaynaValenti]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by triaxrob

HMM - what this really boils down to is the simple fact that certain people leap to the ` conclusion ` that because google use an image from 2005 - when more recent imagery is availiable [ see bing maps ] then this is "evidence " of some conspiracy / cover up

that a pretty accurate summary ?

please take a deep breath and consider the utter absurdity of your claims

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I was not jumping to a conclusion,What I was asking is why would google be using images that were dated earlier than current images, And changing the dates so the images looked like they were 2009 images when in fact they are not.

It does not make since, Also i did not know about bing maps until mikellmikell Mentioned it in his post. But he stated that it looked like they were moving dirt around, so i checked and i saw images of what google is not showing.

My point being why would google change things on the overhead images but not on the street view?

If they were going to use older images on purpose you would think they would have altered or omitted the street views.

I Never assumed this WAS a FEMA camp i was asking if it could be?. There has been reports of a supposed FEMA camp at the Base.

Also if it was just some training area why would they cover it up when other more strategic areas of the base are not?.

Not one person that i has spoken with that spends any time on base knows what this is, Or they are not willing to tell. I just think it is strange to put a sensitive training area within 200-300 feet of a main county road.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Ok i got out today with the camera and snapped a few shots. There has been some changes made in the last week to this site. This is from the main public road.
first one is the new entrance to the site. Notice the guard towers on each side of the drive, also the concrete barriers along the sides of the road, and how it is curved to slow traffic.

Second pic is the housing area and the guard towers. Also to the left of the pic, behind the hummer just out of the pic is a large pile of new fence and posts.

third pic is the west end of the complex. notice more housing and towers, also the large pipe in the foreground (there are 3 of them total) in front of the dirt berms.
I was not able to get pics of the far west end of the site due to traffic on the road.
but just west of the gate in my prior post there is an area with drums set at angles and signs that say clear weapons here.
None of the vehicles i observed were marked.
several had no plates
a few of them had bright orange plates, and i have no clue what those were.

While i was observing this i did not notice anyone walking around or any vehicles in motion, But they are doing massive amounts of construction and work at this site.

the last pics are of the access road to the railroad docks. the docks, and a conex box labeled USMC with an explosives placard on it. Notice the bullet holes? I looked in the lower one holding a flashlight to the upper one, and there are several boxes sitting in the floor but i could not read the labels on them. The box was locked with a very large very strong lock.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
perhaps its military land? commercial/industrial owned (with the railroad and all)
or maybe its a minimum security prison.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
perhaps its military land? commercial/industrial owned (with the railroad and all)
or maybe its a minimum security prison.

It is on military land, The railroad is about 1 mile or so away from this site, But is in the midle of DNR property.
The likelyhood of it being a prison is slim, there are already 2 minimum security prisons on the base. and it is doubtful they would have it setup like a trailer park to be a prison.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
It's a pre-deployment training area for Nat'l Guard and also for State department employee's going to Afghanistan.

They use mock villages, camps and Afghan-Americans to make the training more realistic and to improve their understanding of Afghan culture.

The State department training is about a week. Enough to let them know what to expect when dealing with Afghan's and just enough knowledge to be dangerous. The NY Times had a story on it.

Don't really see anything nefarious.

www.campatterbury.in.ng.mil...

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Well I don't live near that base but from what you have said it looks like Google has been told to cover it up, I'm pretty sure in most military bases now there is a policy where they won't let commercial satelites view the bases from above, meaning that this is still probably an active military base, meaning if you did some local research then you might find out what goes on in there. Like have you ever seen that area 51 video on youtube? follow them to a local cafe or bar or wherever these people go after being at the base all day and talk to them, you'll get ignored a few times but you might find something out. Nice find.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

I understand what their WEBSITE says about what they do at the base,

1. I grew up 5 min from the base.
  2. I live 2 min from the base.
  3. I have friends that are stationed or work there.
  4. I have been on base numerous times due to my profession.

They Do have mock villages set up they have shown those in the local paper talking about troops training. None of there training areas are visible from the main road.
There would be no need for Housing where this is, Its Very close to the main base, And there are always empty barracks on base.
If it is a training area it is set up like a prison camp of some sort.
Also No one i have talked to, being friends in the military or employees of the base know what this is or what it is used for, One of my friends should know he is High up in the military and is stationed there full time.
It is likely that it is just training, but why would google have it covered up and not some of the other areas like DOL,(weapons magazines)?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by triaxrob

hey bro thanks for the info-------take a couple of guys and go inside and get pics--post if ya can

top topics

join